More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:00:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New OFB info
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New OFB info  (Read 37428 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: New OFB info
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 05, 06:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The walls in sims 1 were SOOO much better - I used to love those that came with Unleashed and House Party!

(From what I was told, the problem is that they took on a lot of the people who had worked on Toy Story for sims 2, which possibly explains a lot!)
yep it does explain a lot . what works in a disney movie doesn't work in a game for a PC

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 05, 07:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For starters, you watch a film for 2-3 hours, and that's it!  On the other hand, you may play a sim family for ten times that amount of time, and if the sofa is really repulsive, it gets on your nerves!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 05, 09:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB sounds overly complicated to me. But then, I thought that about University, too, but it turned out OK (boring, even, by now). So I'll buy this. Hell...I think I've pretty much proved I'll buy anything Sims2-related.  Tongue I have no willpower.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 05, 11:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... meh.  Undecided This EP isn't as interesting to me, but then again, I don't really care so much for Business or wanting my sims to run their own. I actually really like the Uni and NL EPs so far. In general, Sims can get tedious, after awhiles, playing the same kinda thing over and over. But, I really liked that Uni because of adding college, and it was a great way for me to add new sims based on my friends, without necessarily having to create their whole families, which in many cases, I don't even know their families all that well. I could introduce sims based on my real life friends in a more realistic manner, rather than having them all be Adults that I'd have to meet after having my sim go through highschool. Regardless, I'll probably still get it, just because I'll want new interactions and objects to play with. Plus, I might actually get bored with the Uni and NL stuff, and then maybe I'll actually make my sims run their own businesses.

I actually just went to Sims2Play earlier today, lol. I really like the stuff they have there, but I think it's kind of hard to navigate. I did actually play my game between then and now, but I was trying to sort out a possible conflict with a hack (for some reason, the "try for baby" option was gone for all unmarried or not living together sims, or something ...) so I was just opening the game, trying to see if I had managed to fix something, then closing it and mucking about in my hacks folder again. I think the risky woohoo mod was causing it, which was really too bad. I'm going to go look at the Sims2Play beds in-game now though.

Just curious, what Risky Woohoo mod are you using? I've read mixed reports of the older version not working. But I never read a definitive account either way. I took a quick look at the code, and some of the BHAVs looked the same. *shrugs* However, there were some important changes regarding the Quiet Pregnancy mod, and there were some other minor differences. I redid Risky Woohoo, as well as added the option for the Car and the Photo Booth. You can get it from MTS2 [/self-pimp]. Or, if you are using my version, then I'd appreciate it if you reported what possible errors you might be experiencing. I've been using it in my game, with a lot of different mods, mostly Pescado's stuff, TwoJeffs, dizzy, and Crammyboy.

However, I do not download a lot of custom or hacked objects. So, I most likely probably can't guarantee compatibility with those kinds of objects. I could probably take a look at them, but since they are cloned objects, and things about them may have changed, which are beyond my control, it might not be an easy thing to make compatible with. I could try though. *shrugs*

Ste

MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 05, 17:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there were some important changes regarding the Quiet Pregnancy mod,

Wait, do I need to update that one? I've been successfully using it for months and months, and have had no trouble that I can tell.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 05, 17:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the quiet pregnancy mod?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 05, 18:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB sounds overly complicated to me. But then, I thought that about University, too, but it turned out OK (boring, even, by now). So I'll buy this. Hell...I think I've pretty much proved I'll buy anything Sims2-related.  Tongue I have no willpower.

I'll probably get it too, but I would rather, I think, that they didn't add a new area, like a business park, or something, but just adapted the main neighbourhood and Downtown for the purpose.  (And I would really like it if they included the market garden aspect of Unleashed!)

Zephyr Zodiac
PKTrekGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 05, 18:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorta interested in the new EP.

But then, I'm always up for something completely different.  I like NL okay, but it doesn't feel very imaginative to me.  I mean, it's basically Hot Date for TS2.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 05, 18:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only had TS1 for all of three months, and during that time I got all the EP's and barely played the game.  I built a lot of houses, and downloaded some hacks, but that was the extent of my gameplay.

Needless to say, pretty much everything in the game is new to me.
PKTrekGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 05, 18:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^  Yeah, if you got all of those TS1 EPs, 3 months is not nearly enough time to have explored everything, really, let alone gotten bored with stuff!

Don't get me wrong, I liked HD and I like NL...but I do look forward to the completely new stuff the most.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 05, 20:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, though, a lot of the stuff isn't really new, it's a rehash of what went before!  (Or what various people like Inge have already made possible..)  I mean, what about a totally new angle, like sims in space?  They have alien spacehips, astronauts, why not have sims setting out to explore the galaxy?  And a new Explore / Travel aspiration could come out of that!

Zephyr Zodiac
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 05, 20:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New stuff is all good and well, but I'd prefer that they get the basic stuff out of the way first.

Hmm...maybe its too early to tell, but it seems that Maxis is alternating the basic stuff w/ new stuff, hence we got the base game, then uni, which was new, then NL, which was old, then OFB, which is again new. So maybe for next EP we'll get something from the original line again.

I personally am hoping for a newer, better Vacation. Now, I agree that the original Vacation was kinda boring. But I miss the ability to ship my sims off to a nice winter lodge or something, and be able to have them stay for however long I want, w/out the pressures of work or kids or whatnot. I know we can do this in the game right now w/ hacked residential objs, but the issue w/ this is mainly that we can't save, which is annoying if you're playing for a stretch and something goes screwy on you, and you'd lose everything you'd done up to that pt if you exit w/out saving. And remember how Maxis was saying Sims could own vacation houses? They should really reinstate that. I was really looking forward to that feature. Sad Extra features for living the leisure life would be swell too, cuz that's how I mostly play my sims. I'm vicariously living my dreams of being fabulously rich and livin' it up. Tongue
PKTrekGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 05, 20:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^  Yep.  I have often suggested that a cool EP would be Sims in Space.  As you might imagine from my username, that idea totally appeals to me.

But most times I suggest it, the suggestion doesn't go over very well with other players.

I still think it's a great idea though!
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 05, 20:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the idea of the travel aspiration...  heck, I love the idea of pretty much any new aspiration at all!

although, I've got to admit that I'm quite disappointed with the pleasure aspiration - I find they have stacks of low-point wants, but it seems no real big ones at all, so I find it takes a lot of time and my attention to get them in platinum and keep them there!

and...  there's a cynical part of me that says we'll get a travel aspiration when they re-hash vacation for sims 2, and it could potentially turn out to be about as lame as the pleasure aspiration.

I think blends of the aspirations would work well, too - so we could pick a major and a minor one...  having a sim that is mostly family with a little bit of romance thrown in could create some interesting conflicts.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 05, 21:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not overjoyed about the new expansion personally i want PETS and ONLY PETS.  They were so cool in sims 1 i had a cute white tiger kitten wandering around the house.  With the sims 1 i bought every expansion and never really experienced anything called a bug, i didn't even use hacks for that game.  By far Unleashed was the best expansion, Vacation was alot of fun too, i'd take my sims out to vacation in a nice snowy resort.

I bet their going to screw this expansion up some how and introduce lots of new bugs that'll show up almost instantly because they didn't test it properly.  I did read on snootysims that the chemistry set will return which is a plus since it had some wicked fun things in sims 1.  The way their going with expansions though i think their virtually going to repeat half of the expansions they did for sims 1 which is needless to say pretty poor on the developement side they should be able to think of NEW stuff.

I'd have to agree to the person who said the clothing is crap, there's "some" stuff i like but damn these developes have no fashion sense what so ever.  Overall i have no faith in Maxis what so ever.  They toss out crappy expansions and downloadable items that go obsolete the moment the next expansion rolls out that don't get updated.  The sheep praise them and hurl their money at them and half of the community thinks they can charge for a skin that a toddler could make.  If i didn't like the sims franchise i wouldn't even bother with them because its getting to be completely not worth it.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 05, 21:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the quiet pregnancy mod?

It's a little mod that basically eliminates the little tune that let's you know you conceived.  Your first sign that you are pregnant is usually throwing up.  Combined with the risky Woohoo makes things pretty realistic.

I am not sure who made the mod, just I know it is one of the regulars, as I am picky about which mods I install.  You never know what kind of conflicts you might get installing mods left and center
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 05, 21:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone keeps asking for pets so I'm certain they will do a pets expansion sooner or later. I bet they save it for when everyone is totally burnt out on the game and then release it to revitalize the game.

I personally didn't find Unleashed all that exciting as really didn't add all that much to me, just some new type of residents roughly equivalent to, or even more limited than, TS2's toddlers.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
PKTrekGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 05, 21:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooohhh!  A travel aspiration would rock!

IRL, I would definitely have the travel aspiration.  I've traveled all over the world and it is my passion IRL, so I would totally love to see it in the game.

Unfortunately, TS Vacation was NOT my idea of 'travel'.  That EP was okay for portrayal of a typical American family vacation, perhaps - camping, the beach or the ski lodge (okay...so they are missing Disney  Tongue ).  But to me, those are vacations - not really travel.  For the EP "Vacation", it was aptly named.  But IMO, if they did a travel aspiration it would have to involve things other than camping and going to the beach.

People who *aspire* to travel IRL are generally not satisfied with going to the same destination all the time.

If they could do it, I'd love it.  But I'm not sure they can do a travel aspiration in the sense I'd like to see it and think it wasn't lame.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 05, 21:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone keeps asking for pets so I'm certain they will do a pets expansion sooner or later. I bet they save it for when everyone is totally burnt out on the game and then release it to revitalize the game.

I personally didn't find Unleashed all that exciting as really didn't add all that much to me, just some new type of residents roughly equivalent to, or even more limited than, TS2's toddlers.

Yeah well i generally think pets are cuter than toddlers so...yeah.  Sure they were limited like toddlers nearly but they had some cool interactions.  Your probably right they most likely will release it when the game starts going stale and the sheep are starting to loose interest which is a real shame because with the wants system and the memories and everything now pets would be alot of fun.  The one thing the sims 2 has going for it in quality has gotta be the animations its probably the only thing thats actually working proper as intended.  But i suppose with all the money the sheep throw at them they can afford all the top notch motion capture equipment.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 05, 21:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I saw there that intersted me at all was elevators.  The idea of running a business doesn't interest me at all.

Now if they could do crafts or sculptures at home, like they do paintings, and sell that way, I'd probably buy it.  Still liked the workbench from TS1 for the gnomes or the one from MM for the gargoyles.  Good way to build mechanical.  And the chemistry set was fun!  Never knew what kind of potion to expect.

And I'm a space explorer enthusiast, too.  Would still like to see a space station or lunar colony.  They have the floating animations with the bubble blower that could be used for low gravity.  I'd like geodesic domes for the lunar colony, but with the problems there are with angled walls, I doubt that would ever be realistic.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 05, 21:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unleashed wasn't on my top favorite TS1 EPs either.  After about the first month I found pets painfully annoying.  They were just basically objects that moved that you had to remember to "feed" once in a while.  There really wasn't much else of a point.  The thing I most like about Unleashed was the gardening hehe

I'm sure we'll get pets sooner or later...if they do it I'd rather it be later..much later...after they have put a lot of thought into how they will work and test them thoroughly.  I can only imagine the amount of bugs that could enter the game in that EP (example..I imagine pets would have character files...neighborhood explodes much much quicker)

OFB sounds interesting to me..but lawdy I just hope Maxis does it right.  There's a lot of potential for it but there's also a lot of potential for it to insanely boring as well.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 05, 21:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone keeps asking for pets so I'm certain they will do a pets expansion sooner or later.

Well, not exactly everyone. 

Toddlers can be potty trained faster than a dog and if they do add the furballs, I hope there will be a way to completely avoid them. 

Love 'em in RL, but not in TS2. 
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 05, 22:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I have been a business owner in the past, I am really looking forward to this EP.  I am probably building it up to be more than it is in reality, but I have high hopes that this will re-invigorate my gameplay.  I am so bored at this point I am playing CSI - solving one crime every night.  I'm getting more sleep, though! 

I was thinking of buying another game, but couldn't decide which one, Sylviana (is that correct spelling?) or the complete Neverwinter Nights, since I never played that one.  Any advice?
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 05, 22:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hated Unleashed as well. And it was doubly disappointing b/c it was the first EP I had preordered, and I was so excited for it. What a letdown. The only thing it had going for it was the expansion of the neighborhood, whereupon I could populate my hood w/ more sims than was previously possible.

Not too into space, though, but travel would be awesome. One of the major things that made Vacation for TS1 boring was the real lack of flavor of most of the lots. Barring the snowy lots, which I thought were awesome, the woody/beach lots weren't much different from the regular neighborhood lots, which made them SO boring to play. The beach lots had the added annoyance of being a dull sandy color all over, yet with absolutely no view of any body of water. IMO, that's not a beach, that's a DESERT!!!

I'd definitely welcome the addition of more exotic locales, and very versatile tools to really mix 'em up, so we can make tropical rainforests, and high mountains that swirl w/ fog (like some of the mtns in China...so beautiful!), and a lusher beach environment, etc.,etc. There's no way that Maxis will ever be able to make enough diff. vacation spots to satisfy everyone's palettes, or do justice to the diverse beauty of all the diff regions of the world. That's why, in a vacation EP, good tools are key to providing the best experience for all. And w/ the talent of the community, I'm sure they'll be able to churn out more awe-inspiring lots than Maxis could ever manage.

Anyway...lol...that's what I'd love for an EP. If they come out w/ something like this, Maxis would have my money for sure.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 05, 22:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still just want a fully integrated map, more of a combo of Sims City and Sims2. It would just one big map that you zone and build out the various areas; (with templates for other maps etc) none of this going to other neighborhoods which aren't cross functional stuff. No, no way, it would be just like Sims City, laid out and pretty, you could play God mode and shape your terrain, then build your "decorative" downtown and freeways, zone it and then load the zones and build those out. It would be like...uhm Sim State..yeah thats it. Or country...or whatever with integrated neighborhoods that can share zones; you could make them as big or small as you wanted. And when you loaded the game you could see the whole map, all your zones at a glance and maybe some statistical data along with each zone. Then you could add in the business districts, the downtown areas, the universities, the libraries, and the residential zones etc.

I loved Sim City, I didn't get into all the expansions for it, I just loved the core one I had which was Sim City 2000 Special Edition. I loved the disasters and all of it. I was silly happy just playing that without adding anything to it. Simple I know but it provided lots of enjoyment and was a powerful teaching tool for my daughter. How to set up, start small and work your way up into a thriving city etc. Plus it worked well with the laptop and older computer we had. We had a lot of fun with it, and then along came the Sims 1 and she wanted that. I personally didn't like Sims 1 much at all, and we only had it a couple months on the shelf before Sims 2 was bought and loaded. We never had a single expansion or piece of custom content to it, it bored us very quickly. We like Sims2 however, of course it helps that we have great modders that fix the game and help us keep our sanity. The one thing I hated about Sims 1 (besides the horrible graphics) is I could never keep a kid, it always got taken away because I could never get the parents to get up and care for the kid, they would stomp and whine rather than feed the kid and then the social worker would come just about the time they stopped throwing a fit from being woken up. It drove me batty.

Anyway, I have my own ideas obviously on what I would like to see next.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: