More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:43:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Kitchen Counter Corners/Islands
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kitchen Counter Corners/Islands  (Read 5179 times)
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Kitchen Counter Corners/Islands
« on: 2012 August 25, 23:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't recall when the counters got screwed up by EA but the counters corrupt and become non-recolorable when placing a corner and, when placing 2 or more islands, each end will corrupt and become non-recolorable. I'm rebuilding from a HD crash where I lost most everything - can't remember if I had a fix before but I don't think so. I've Google'd and checked several sites for a fix and can't find anything. If anyone knows where there is one, it would be greatly appreciated. Oddly, I like kitchen islands and tend to also use corners in my kitchens! Smiley

I don't have any "store" counters, just CC. Also have AM and Master Controller, just as an FYI. I'm installed through Pets and patched through 1.36.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Kitchen Counter Corners/Islands
« Reply #1 on: 2012 August 26, 05:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I see that the "decrapify" action might fix the corners (assuming islands too). Since I've worked with s3pe and Multi-Extractor in the past to get my stuff into package files AND larger fewer files, I've a pretty good grasp of that part of it. I do, however, have a couple of questions on Decrapify.

Decrap Saved games, .nhd, .dbc, .sim, sims3pack and package files.

- I have the free Store Items installed through the Launcher as well as Barnacle Bay, Pirate set, etc. I'm guessing that decrapifying the .dbc file takes care of those and I don't need to uninstall, decrap, reinstall?

- There are A LOT of .package files peppered throughout the EA folder, including Collections, ContentPatch, Library, etc. Do I need to decrapify these, too? Or do I just worry about Mods packages? Also, I've got a few .sims3pack files in Exports as a sort of "save" - guessing I should remove those once I've "decrapified."

- When I add new CC to my decrapped game, I don't have to decrap anything but the new stuff, right? I know I can decrap Saved games over and over but I shouldn't have to just because I'm adding. Right?

- When I add new EPs, I should decrap THAT saved game, as well as the .nhd & .dbc file? Anything else?

Thx all!
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Decrapify ...was Re: Kitchen Counter Corners/Islands
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 28, 03:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, another go at answers...! I know it seems obvious to many of you but my journeys through threads here and elsewhere aren't as complete as I need - after a HD crash with little saving (oops), I'm a little gun-shy of trial and error and I've spent so much time trying to rebuild my CC, I'm just wanting to get back to playing - some clarification for moving forward would be helpful.

Mostly yes or no answers....unless further clarification is needed ... thanks in advance.

1. Decrap Saved games (2 .package files in each folder), .nhd, .dbc, .sim, .sims3pack and .package files. Correct? Additionally, does it mean all of these extensions in the ENTIRE Doc/Electronic Arts file? Any other locations?

2. Installed free Store items, purchased Pirate set, etc. If I decrapify the DCBackup file (do I?), are these taken care of so that I don't need to uninstall/reinstall? As of now, purchased Barnacle Bay is a .world file, as I've not played it. Is it best if I uninstall, decrapify, reinstall?

3. New EPs/SPs - what comes with it that needs to be decrapified?
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Kitchen Counter Corners/Islands
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 29, 12:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. You're the anxious type, aren't ya.
1. Add the Library folder to your decrappin' and stop there.
2. You don't need to decrap what you bought, logically it wouldn't do anything anyway. So no, don't uninstall B.Bay. Basic rule with Sims 3 : if it's working, don't touch it.
3. Nothing. Now you can breath again and live. Stop worrying like that. Watch your cat sleeping, take a sip of coffee and enjoy the view from your window a couple of minutes. Relaaax. Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: