More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 17:42:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  decrapped Sims3pack fails after patch - any work around beside .packages?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: decrapped Sims3pack fails after patch - any work around beside .packages?  (Read 8706 times)
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
decrapped Sims3pack fails after patch - any work around beside .packages?
« on: 2012 January 09, 00:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

I know this may have been asked in the last month on the forum but after an hour of reading about similar CC problems i've not yet found an answer that specifically addresses these concerns. My already installed CC seems to be ok, its the new stuff i've got issue with. Sorry ahead if my post is hard to follow, bear with me.

I have basically everything from Knightguy's Store thread from 1st post thru Oct 2011, never had issues (that I was not able to solve myself) installing these decrappified sims3pack files via launcher. I never usually patch the games unless I HAVE to and usually not through the "official way". *cough*. Ahem anyway, I had the launcher open on my computer and I stepped out of the room...come back and my computer-illiterate-boyfriend was checking his email. Suffice it to say the latest Pets patch 1.29 is now installed on my computer unintentionally...(i could kill him!)whatever, now I'm having trouble getting ANY new sims3packs installed (EA Store, decrapped store, & non-EA CC)

So I just tried installing newer store stuff (from that post) that  I've decrapped and the launcher lies saying "sucess" or sometimes "already installed".  I tried non-EA sims3packs example: ATS's New Year Sets and also jomsims(at TSR, yes i know TSR is ALWAYS problematic) and Melinda's shopping break. All sims3packs wont install, tried de-crapping, no luck. I know how to turn sims3packs into .packages using the Delpy tool. But I have so many friggin packages and besides I usually like to keep the store stuff as sims3pack files to seperate it from CC (which I almost always convert to .packages).

---HOWEVER i sucked it up and did a test with ATS, jomsims, and Melinda sims3packs:
results: The dashboard picked every single one of ATS files up as conflicting with eachother  I had to nuke them. as for the jomsims stuff, game ran slow prockmon picked up like 288Million opens for each one..WTF!? The converted Melinda's stuff didn't cause any problems in procmon, delphy, or dashboard so far, but have not actually tested in live mode yet.
--------------------------ARGH!
I want to know if theres a way to get my decrapped Sims3pack Store stuff (and any other sims3packs) installed without totally downgrading the patch, or doing a fresh install (i dread it!). As i said, I have like practically all the nabbed stuff from Knightguy's thread up to October 2011. I thoroughly read the other 5 recent posts regarding this effing patch, it appears people are having animation problems with existing CC and store stuff. I have not actually checked in-depth yet...I can live with some glitching my main concern is getting it installed at this point. I have not yet seen posts addressing that specifically.

Other things I noticed....my previous sims3store packs from a long time ago, example lorianda sims3packs are shopping up in the buy mode catalogue with the "store" icon (a blue shopping bag) whats up with that? Was it always like that?

Yeah sorry this is so effing long and if its been answered already simply link me. Thanks.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: decrapped Sims3pack fails after patch - any work around beside .packages?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 January 09, 01:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would appear to be something specific to your config, I have 1.29 and still install store packs / tsr stuff without any issue. The launcher won't show them installed next time I open it but it all shows up in game.

The store mode is a new thing with 1.29 patch, it will highlight any items flagged as paid content and will also nag you to buy store items. It's best to switch it off.

yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 January 09, 01:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i figured that much when i didnt find any posts about it....arrgh im out of ideas on how exactly to narrow down whats blocking it in my config. Anyone else got this prob?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 January 09, 01:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, but to avoid the issue entirely you can use CCmagic. Doesn't work with counters, the textures still screw up. Any counter installed in a way other then the Launcher seems to screw up. CCmagic works well for general Sims3pack install and package combining. Seems to even install Worlds.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 09, 05:19:22 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 January 09, 17:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so usually I just take the entire sets offered on Knightguy's thread... Does it behave ok with sets? and if so will it still mistreat the counters if they are contained in a set?

thanks
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 January 09, 17:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, I can't even find this program..that isn't the TSR one that I've heard warnings about is it? I've googled this and searched MATY and MTS ...... too many results come up about the magic feature or magic book item in the game.  Undecided how come I never heard of this tool? Link please?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 January 09, 20:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to work fine with sets. Do the corners of counters work okay in Knightguy's sets? I download the raw sims3packs and install everything myself. Problems with counter corners is why jeromycraig and Moryrie have the counter sims3packs available separately. The issues with counters is that when you place down a counter set and the corner forms, the corner may revert back to default color and be unCASTable or it may be CASTable but looks like the mapping on the counter corner is screwed. It's not a matter of CCmagic fucking up the counters, it's that methods of install other then the launcher seems to.

As for why you've never heard of CCmagic, perhaps it is because you don't check MTS for new shit very often? Give you a hint, it's a freaking program, so you look in programs.

Edit: Ah, you mean Sims3pack sets. Yes, all of the damn files show fine except the counters. After checking, even PanamaCrews .package sets have fucked up counters. You are doomed to fucked up counters, you've probably had fucked up counters this entire time and never realized it, unless you've always just left the .dbcs made by the launcher alone, I stick mine in the mods folder.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 09, 21:49:32 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 January 09, 20:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, for God's sake, go to MTS and look for it.  The "Programs and Utilities" section is the shortest download section on MTS; CC Magic is not hard to find.

Also, don't double post.  Use your "modify post" button.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 January 09, 22:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, but to avoid the issue entirely you can use CCmagic. Doesn't work with counters, the textures still screw up. Any counter installed in a way other then the Launcher seems to screw up.

you are doomed to fucked up counters, you've probably had fucked up counters this entire time and never realized it,

Okay with the counters yes they have been fucked up the whole time, as in not connecting to eachother in corners...Yes I know about that problem.....I thought you meant the textures in general. Sorry.

As for CCmagic, I was using the search feature on MTS. Thanks guys Ill test when i get home from work.
Shadowsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 August 28, 19:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what is worse: necromancy or starting a new thread.

Yesterdame, did you manage to solve your issue? I seem to have the same problem as you. No dbc files will appear after installing. However everything opens with custard and installs correctly through 3viewer, so corrupted files aren't an issue. Even reinstalling the game did not help. The whole problem appeared after I accidentally deleted an item in-game (the lot that came with Sunlit Tides) and attempted to reinstall it.

Unfortunately both 3viewer and CC Magic don't support worlds. And I liked the new rabbitholes that came with some. Any suggestions?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: