More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:45:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  About bringing that Tricou family back to life
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: About bringing that Tricou family back to life  (Read 21824 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
About bringing that Tricou family back to life
« on: 2005 December 04, 19:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm stumped!  I've read everything I could find here on how to accomplish bringing this lovely sim family into my game and still I can accomplish nothing.  A good part of the reason I'm getting nowhere is that I'm plum ignorant!

Maybe I should explain what I have done so far.

First off, this is in Strangetown.  I created a custom Downtown and moved the house and cemetery lots to that Downtown area.  Then, I moved one of my sims into the House of the Fallen Trees.  I sent him off to the cemetery and had him bring home all of the headstones back to the house.  So, the whole family is currently resting on the home lot.

Since this sim has no relationship with anyone in that family he can't use the resurrection thingy-ma-bob to bring any of them back to life.  I read in one of ZodiacZephyr's posts that if you didn't have a sim who knew one of the dead sims, to create a relationship between the two sims using SimPE.  I tried this and it didn't work.  I brought up Abercrombie, clicked on his relationship panel, went to find one of the Tricous and it won't let me do anything with the relationships--as in if I try to click 'known' nothing happens.

I have absolutely no clue how to resurrect a sim using SimPE, so at the moment I'm completely baffled!

Thanks so much in advance for any help offered!

Edited to add:  I may've totally messed it up by moving the lots with said tombstones to the lot bin, but I really don't know.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 04, 19:49:47 by Misty » Logged

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: About bringing that Tricou family back to life
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 04, 20:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you've put the cemetery lot and the Fallen Trees lot into the Lots & Houses Bin, you will have severed the relationships between Fricorith & Gavaudoin and the rest of the family, so they'll have to be replaced.  That's basically the only damage done by doing that.

If you're using the new layout of SimPE, you need to go into the Relationship panel of the Sim you want to use and right click on the name of the other Sim, then click "Add to Relationship Panel" (or something like that, don't have SimPE open at the moment).  You should then be able to adjust the relationship to whatever level you want. 

To be honest, the easiest way of doing it would have been to use the custom Downtown and bring them all back, THEN delete it (together with all the unwanted characters) and add your own custom downtown afterwards.  This would have saved all the messing about adding the two teenagers back to the family.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 04, 20:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved one of Brynne's incarnations of Joe into the House of Fallen Trees.  Then I brought Gvaudoin back to life through SimPE first, and had her resurrect Fricorth.  It was a domino effect after that.  Each one resurrected wanted to bring back another.  I didn't have to move the others from the cemetary, just resurrected them right on the lot.  Interestingly, none of them spun a want to resurrect Jennicor, I just had Jon Smith do it to complete the family.

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
Kochanski
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 04, 21:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I resurected Jennicor first and all she wants to do is party and buy toys. Seems the feeling is mutual!

Edited because I can't type
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 04, 22:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AncientSim, thank you very much for the info!  I was just getting ready to respond when the phone rang.  I am sorting through the whole relationship thing in SimPE now and have managed to get relationships between Abercrombie and the startings of the Tricou family.

Naturally I'd go about this all the wrong way! LOL  Once in a while (I'm naturally a good planner but sometimes I get a little impatient with my game--wanting to move things onward) I don't think things through as well as I should have and if I had thought about it before I decided to do my custom Downtown I wouldn't have done it that way.  Of course at the time I didn't have University, either, so was thinking it may well have been impossible to bring them back.

So, Abercrombie, my poor sim who plays mainly a supporting role in the neighborhood is called on for all this dirty work.  He'll no doubt be well rewarded in the end.

Alas, though.  The poor Tricou family will probably not be able to live in their nice, fancy home for some time because there's no way I can play that monstrosity on my limited computer resources.

Thanks again!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 04, 22:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I did the first time was to uncheck the ghost box in SimPE for Fricorith (he has only that one tick, go into his neighbourhood memory file and delete the I am dead token, then I moved him onto a lot with the teleporter shrub and since in that game he came with all the Tricou millions, once the resident sims had asked him to move in it was easy (I used the new moveinall so he could move in as a teen and before he had a high relationship score with them) then all he wanted to do was resurrect his family, so I got the resurrectomitron and that was basically it.  (I also changed some of their aspirations.)

This time I made the mistake of not doing that, and moved him into the students bin since he appeared in the Downtown panel for selection, but the game did have problems remembering he was now alive!  Eventually I had to do it all from a Downtown lot which is apparently the only hood that will work.  (At least, I didn't try the main hood, so maybe that would work, but Uni definitely doesn't!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 05, 00:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ressurected them in the neighborhood.not the downtown area. so it works there as well. didnt try Uni

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 05, 00:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it may work in the main neighbourhood since it is the base one, but if you try it in Uni, all you get is "You don't know anyone who has died"!

Zephyr Zodiac
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 05, 02:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who are the Tricous? I keep hearing about them, but I have no idea who they are... Huh
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 05, 02:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who are the Tricous? I keep hearing about them, but I have no idea who they are... Huh
the family is all dead as far as the main characters. if you have simpe you will be able to find them in your game

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 05, 02:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Three of the ghosts haunt the House of Fallen Trees downtown.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 05, 02:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the family is all dead as far as the main characters. if you have simpe you will be able to find them in your game

If you have Nightlife, check out the tombstones in Gothier Green Lawns and two of the tombstones in the House of Fallen Trees lot.

Gothier Green Lawns Tombstones- Jon Smith Tricou, Jennicor Tricou, Jennail Tricou, Nysslit Tricou, Kiernan Tricou & Kvornan Tricou
House of Fallen Trees-Gvaudoin Tricou, Fricorith Tricou & Rainelle Neegia (sp?)

What's neat is that if you have University and Nightlife you can resurrect all of the Tricous. Six of the new teen townies that came with Nightlife have the dead Jon Smith Tricou as their father. Send one of those teens to University, graduate him/her and  get a job in the paranormal career. When the sim is at the right career level they'll have the Grim Reaper resurrection phone as a reward and the sim can resurrect dad Jon Smith Tricou. Then Jon Smith can resurrect all of the other dead Tricous. This can be done with SimPE too but I'm not familiar with the program or the process. I just used the Grim Reaper phone.

note-Rainelle can't be resurrected with the Grim Reaper phone because no one has any sort of relationship with her

I did the above in a custom neighborhood I made just for the Tricous to become founders in, Arbordale. The Tricous are quite handsome sims and a great deal of fun to play.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 05, 03:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these specific Downtownies or is it random?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 05, 03:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these specific Downtownies or is it random?
the 6 teen children of JonSmith Tricou are  in the  garth household . the tricous themselves are a part of Maxis default downtown specifically

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 05, 03:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Tricous are quite handsome sims and a great deal of fun to play.

Really? Got any pictures? I'd love to see some pictures.  Grin
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 05, 03:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forget mucking around in SimPE, if you are hopeless with it like me. Grab Inge's teleporter bush, Carrigon's memory bottle, and the resurrect-a-mabob.  Pause the game, teleport the Tricou of choice to your lot, make them friends via the bottle and unpause the game. You'll get the pop-up saying the Tricou died on another lot. After that, use the resurrect-a-mabob to bring them back to life.

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 05, 03:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's neat is that if you have University and Nightlife you can resurrect all of the Tricous. Six of the new teen townies that came with Nightlife have the dead Jon Smith Tricou as their father. Send one of those teens to University, graduate him/her and  get a job in the paranormal career. When the sim is at the right career level they'll have the Grim Reaper resurrection phone as a reward and the sim can resurrect dad Jon Smith Tricou. Then Jon Smith can resurrect all of the other dead Tricous. This can be done with SimPE too but I'm not familiar with the program or the process. I just used the Grim Reaper phone..

Do they have the last name 'Tricou' for easy access or would that be too easy?

<insert witty comment here>
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 05, 03:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's neat is that if you have University and Nightlife you can resurrect all of the Tricous. Six of the new teen townies that came with Nightlife have the dead Jon Smith Tricou as their father. Send one of those teens to University, graduate him/her and  get a job in the paranormal career. When the sim is at the right career level they'll have the Grim Reaper resurrection phone as a reward and the sim can resurrect dad Jon Smith Tricou. Then Jon Smith can resurrect all of the other dead Tricous. This can be done with SimPE too but I'm not familiar with the program or the process. I just used the Grim Reaper phone..

Do they have the last name 'Tricou' for easy access or would that be too easy?
nope none of the teens related to JonSmith Tricou have his last name too easy I guess.the only ones with Tricou is the main family

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 05, 06:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you find the teenage girl with the Nightlife hairstyle, then check her out, she has the family tree of herself and brothers and sisters all descended from J Tricou.  I can only assume that, since when you check him out in SimPE he ihas the Knowledge aspiration (although if you resurrect him he comes back as Family) that he spent a lot of time gaining carnal knowledge around Downtown!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 05, 06:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you find the teenage girl with the Nightlife hairstyle, then check her out, she has the family tree of herself and brothers and sisters all descended from J Tricou.  I can only assume that, since when you check him out in SimPE he ihas the Knowledge aspiration (although if you resurrect him he comes back as Family) that he spent a lot of time gaining carnal knowledge around Downtown!
I think your right about the carnalknowledge after all  6 extramarital kids is quite alot Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 05, 06:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe not for a romance sim, if you have the risky woohoo hack, but for a Maxis creation in the unhacked game?  And although I think some Family sims are more than a little promiscuous (Cassandra for one!) I think six kids is going a bit far (especially as he's flagged as Knowledge, and as I said, only changes to Family when resurrected!  (I've no idea why, none of the others change aspirations - but no doubt there's some underlying extra coding somewhere!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 05, 07:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went poking around with SimPE to look at all of the downtownie teens.  There's six of them alright.  All Pleasure asperations too.

I may start up a custom neighborhood just so I can play around with them for a little bit.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 05, 07:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can, of course, just send them all to college (but beware, some of them grow up badly!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 05, 07:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The six townie children list Jon as their father, but if you look at Jon's family tree, he is not related to them.  I don't know how that is suppose to work.  I was thinking of making Jon and Jennicor the parents of the townies and thus Nylissit and Jennail would be their sisters.  Has anyone done that?? good idea?? bad idea??
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 05, 08:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The six townie children list Jon as their father, but if you look at Jon's family tree, he is not related to them.  I don't know how that is suppose to work.  I was thinking of making Jon and Jennicor the parents of the townies and thus Nylissit and Jennail would be their sisters.  Has anyone done that?? good idea?? bad idea??

I've left jennicor out of it, and left them as "by-blows" as the victorians used to call them!  I think if you check out any of the Tricous, a lot of their memories are missing, so the fact that Jon has no connexion to them in the Family Tree is just another thing that can be edited in SimPE.

Basically, I moved most of them straight to Uni, which is how I found out some would grow up badly that way, but the one with NL hair (whose name varies) if made have one of the Downtownies as an uncle, moved him into a house then got him to get to know her over the phone, then invite her over and ask her to move in (I used the updated moveinall from MTS2).  That's when I resurrected Fricorith in simpE and teleported him to the lot and resurrected all the Tricous he had wants to resurrect.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: