More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:51:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Another Inventory problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another Inventory problem  (Read 3781 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Another Inventory problem
« on: 2005 December 02, 18:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my new hood, I have clones of Mortimer, Cassandra and  Alexander who I've copied over all the relationship data, I've redone their Neighbourhood Memories etc., and they seemed to be working fine until I went to check Mortimer's Rewards and I noticed that in the Inventory secion there was a blue square and the icon plus the popup saying the sims inventory is currently empty did not appear.  The same applied to Alexander, but Cassandra's was normal.  Clicking on one of these blue squares also crashes the game.  So, I move Mortimer and son out to another lot, with the hope that this would reset them and I could then move them back, but no luck.  Any ideas on how I can put this right without having to clone them again and go through all the hassle of copying all those details?

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Another Inventory problem
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 03, 16:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it appears that 53 of you have read my post and have no idea either what is causing this problem or how I can put it right!  Oh dear!  I suppose growing Alexander up might cure it for him, I don't know, but the only option for Mortimer to grow up to is .....Oh dear me!  then Alexander would have to resurrect him!!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 03, 17:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, wasn't it easier to move the Goths to the house bin, and then to your new neighbourhood? True, they will lose all their relationships, but they don't have many.
I do it always with a family that I want to play with. For instance, I never play the Grunts in Strange Town - I always move them to a new neighbourhood.

Did you give them the same names? If you did, I think you "confused" the simulator, which doesn't know "who is who", and becomes buggy.
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 03, 17:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, inventory items are stored in the same section as memories, so open up the neighborhood in SimPE, go to the Neighborhood Memory section, and find the sims in question.  Look through their memories and find any items with a non-zero Inventory Number and delete them.

I don't know if it will work, but it sounds like a reasonable option to me.   Smiley

---
Torkle
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 03, 19:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean, basically, a memory I didn't put in myself when I first created them?  I mean, I've checked through and apart from the sim initialized and the early memories which I altered for Mortimer so that he knew he had been married to Bella, but nothing stood out as being unusual.  I'll give it a try though, and see if I can find anything.  Thanks for the suggestion, Torkle.

And Gali, I never move sims from one hood to another now, since JM ranted at me for messing with file numbers, and I'd have to do that to move them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 03, 20:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think JM ment the NPCs, not the pre-made sims, which are unique.

...but I am not sure, may be I didn't understand.

Anyway, I played with the Grunts in my custom neighbourhood quite long time (until Tank became elder), and I didn't have even one crash.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 03, 20:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose if you move them before you've played the neighbourhood, it'sok, but I was trying to recreated the famnilies from my corrupted neighbourhood, so that's why I cloned all of them.  I may not have actually played the goths much, but they were out and about everywhere, and would have got loads of memories and formed relationships all over Downtown as every time I took a family to a Downtown lot, either Mortimer or Cassandra was there!

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 06, 00:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which method did you use to clone them ?

I've cloned tons of characters and never had a problem. Actually I think I spend more time cloning than playing lol.   Mind you I only redo the strict necessary.  Stats, aspiration points, career level.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 06, 00:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just used SimPE to clone them, made the families in CAS, then went back and edited their stats where necessary - but since I had to change everything so that Alexander was Mortimer's child and not Cassandra's, I had to re-do all the early memories.  Everything else about them was working fine, just this strange gap where the Inventory icon and popup should be!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: