More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:05:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod for 1.42/Seasons?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod for 1.42/Seasons?  (Read 43441 times)
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod for 1.42/Seasons?
« Reply #25 on: 2012 November 26, 18:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moral of this story is:  Don't patch until you know that AM has been updated.   Roll Eyes

Im new to TS3, I have all the eps including Seasons, is it ok to run Awesome mod with Seasons given that its very new? Or is it being updated for Seasons?

You're fine, it's up to date and many of the Seasons-specific AM-related issues have been ironed out. There might be a few bugs dealing with temperature, Sims being hot and cold at the same time, but most of the serious ones are fixed.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
LePetitTiti
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012 December 12, 11:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

I have a question :
The game just donesn't load when I try to use this mod, it just freezes at the loading screen (when you see the progress bar).
I have the latest version with all exp to Seasons (1.42.130).

All other mods are working fine (like the classic NoIntro).

Or is there something to do at this screen ? A magic key to "validate" something ?

Thanks !!!

Edit : No matter ! I made it to work using the autoupdater.
Strange : it works when files are in "My Documents" and not in the game folder...
« Last Edit: 2012 December 12, 12:03:27 by LePetitTiti » Logged
Dark Rain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012 December 26, 16:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I installed my arred copy of Seasons I was forced to use sub-standard Twallian products to enjoy my game. Perhaps I should have enclosed the word enjoy in quotation marks; the game was still unplayable, there being no substitute for Awesomeness.

Since then I've quit playing. Ten weeks and counting. I drop by here every week or three, but, well, there is no obvious indication concerning the version history (either of the official awesome package, or of the beta version). If that wasn't bad enough, I am getting the impression that el Presidente is taking less interest in this forum than before.

It amounts to a major admission of defeat for me to admit that I am no longer pinning my hopes of Flying Fish Systems to fix my game, but that I am instead waiting on the EAxian patch in the hope that Twallan may be able to warp around the inevitable fuck-ups and make the game actually both playable and stable.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012 December 26, 17:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I installed my arred copy of Seasons I was forced to use sub-standard Twallian products to enjoy my game. Perhaps I should have enclosed the word enjoy in quotation marks; the game was still unplayable, there being no substitute for Awesomeness.

Since then I've quit playing. Ten weeks and counting. I drop by here every week or three, but, well, there is no obvious indication concerning the version history (either of the official awesome package, or of the beta version). If that wasn't bad enough, I am getting the impression that el Presidente is taking less interest in this forum than before.

It amounts to a major admission of defeat for me to admit that I am no longer pinning my hopes of Flying Fish Systems to fix my game, but that I am instead waiting on the EAxian patch in the hope that Twallan may be able to warp around the inevitable fuck-ups and make the game actually both playable and stable.

WELL HELLO THAR SPECSUALSNOWFLAKE.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012 December 26, 18:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'd have taken less time to download the newest awesome file and test it yourself instead of posting this crap. Less mockery, too.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012 December 26, 21:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that wasn't bad enough, I am getting the impression that el Presidente is taking less interest in this forum than before.

Yet there he is, in the AwesomeMod Bug Report thread, responding to reports of bugs.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Dark Rain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012 December 27, 13:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah sporkage. Amusing and indisputably deserved.

It'd have taken less time to download the newest awesome file and test it yourself instead of posting this crap. Less mockery, too.

Meh. I wrote that while waiting for AM to download: 4 minutes plus change. Unlucky choice of mirror, I guess.

Yet there he is, in the AwesomeMod Bug Report thread, responding to reports of bugs.

My interest in bug reports would only arise if I was actually running AM. When checking for updates and upgrades to AM, I download the latest version and check the date. I also check the config tool because I judge that to be the fastest way to examine the current state of the mod; specifically to see if AM has features specific to Seasons; even more specifically to see if it has any configurable features that might appeal to me. It does not. Actual testing is not necessary if it is not made to suit my purpose. Seasons remains FUBAR with EAxian crap, and MATY displays no evidence that fixes have been applied. The retro fixes of pre-Seasons functions borked by 1.42 are insufficient to make the game playable. If Seasons specific issues have been fixed, even somewhat, I have yet to see evidence.

MATY is far too tediously self obsessed with poking idiots, like yours truly. I really can't be bothered searching through endless threads just to discover how far along Pescado has got with updating and upgrading AM. If what I want and need to know is not prominently displayed alongside the product I keep my cash in my pocket and move along.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012 December 27, 16:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If what I want and need to know is not prominently displayed alongside the product I keep my cash in my pocket and move along.

What are you still doing here then?  Shouldn't you have moved along already.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012 December 27, 16:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really can't be bothered searching
Fixed.
Spare us from your verbal diarrhea, snowflake.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012 December 27, 16:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really can't be bothered searching through endless threads just to discover how far along Pescado has got with updating and upgrading AM. If what I want and need to know is not prominently displayed alongside the product I keep my cash in my pocket and move along.

"Searching"?  It's mentioned on this very page that AM is updated for Seasons, two comments above yours.  It had to have been right in front of your fucking eyeballs when you were clicking "Reply" in your mad rush to get sporked.  Don't even get me started on the "I'll take my business elsewhere" posturing over a FREE MOD.

They must call in people who are off shift to come help spit in your food when you go to restaurants, snowflake.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 27, 17:06:10 by jezzer » Logged

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
LePetitTiti
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012 December 27, 17:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if he looks at my post (the one I said it doesn't work then edit it and explain how to make it working easily) he shouldn't post his stupid comments...

The only true fact is that the current displayed version was the wrong one : 1.34
Since today the post doesn't exist anymore (UFO thing replaces it).

But still, the supported version is not clearly written, so you must guess its for the "current" version of the game. But if a patch comes tomorrow so you can't know the mod doesn't work with it...
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012 December 27, 18:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU WANKING TARDS ARE SO FUCKING RETARDED.

Barring one time, the RTFM link the first post of the AM thread ALWAYS SAYS WHAT PATCH/EXPANSION IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH.

Quit your fucking special snowflake whining and be more smart. The RTFM being up to date is not exactly a secret.

OR, if you really feel strongly about Pescado doing EVEN MORE WORK by making a new post every time he updates AM, in addition to keeping the RTFM up to date, I urge you to come to #grah (irc.moreawesomethanyou.com 6667) and talk to Pescado yourself. He's alive right now, so come on!

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: