More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:30:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Random Crashing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Random Crashing  (Read 13460 times)
molave
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Random Crashing
« on: 2012 August 21, 08:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to use AM, then went a long time without it. I recently reinstalled it, and now my game randomly crashes. I get one of the "The Sims 3 has encountered a problem and needs to close" popups.

Apparently my situation is similar to the that of the person quoted. I used Twallan's MasterController Total Reset and fixall on my neighborhood. So far, my game hasn't crashed (even though I don't know if I just didn't play long enough, I am sure my recently concluded session lasted longer than those which the crashes occur). As of now, it does seem something corrupt in my savegame is the culprit. Worst case scenario is that these will return once my savegame bloats once again.

Does using Total Reset and/or fixall at least alleviate the random crashing issue for the others?
lonniequinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Random Crashing
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 08, 05:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game has always randomly crashed even when it was vanilla.

In the AwesomeMod "user manual" there is an experimental uninstall command: did you try using that before you removed the mod?

If you have a bloated save game, just port them to a new neighborhood: how big is you *nhd file for you town in your save game? A good size is under 100mb.
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 09, 04:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a Crash Log Analyser on MTS. It may be of some use to you.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 24, 21:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that I'm getting constant crashes if I try to run Supreme Commander on two sims at once.  Te crash log analyser reports it as "corrupt save", but the problem disappears when I stop trying too much awesomeness at once.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 September 25, 06:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any particular mode that causes this? From what I can tell from the last time such an issue cropped up, it's some kind of deeply rooted internal engine bug that AwesomeMod somehow exposes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 September 25, 11:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most recent version of Awesomemod seems to crash the game whenever one of my Sims are idle. Perhaps something to do with the free will?

Clearing the caches and other mods did no effect.

Edit: Ts'all good. Got fixed in the recent awesomemod update.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 27, 17:33:07 by That Eighties Guy » Logged
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 September 25, 12:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most recent AM crashes my game the moment game is unpaused, i have no idea why.

Apparently when starting new games it crashes immediately after selecting a family.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 September 25, 15:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. Started a fresh game and crashed 10 seconds after selecting the family and starting live mode without doing anything at all.
Tanja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 September 25, 16:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

same here... I wa slookinf for any new mods I added and so far it seems it has to do with the new Awesome Mod version, that the updater downloaded today...
everytime I click on any sim I get a crash to Desktop and also when I don't click any sim, the game crashes after some ingame minutes anyway... Sad
lbillusion
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 September 26, 05:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated the game and Awesomemod and suddenly when I try to play I don't even get to the loading screen...I hadn't played in a while.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 September 26, 17:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any particular mode that causes this? From what I can tell from the last time such an issue cropped up, it's some kind of deeply rooted internal engine bug that AwesomeMod somehow exposes.

I think collecting (everything) and fishing for something or other was what was going on when I finally made the connection.  I'd had problems in several neighbourhoods over a long time, and had almost given up the game as unplayable.  I never would have suspected awesomemod if it wasn't for the crashes happening in a completely fresh game, on a freshly formatted and re-installed computer, with no other CC at all.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
riggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 October 03, 03:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue, but 1.39 and the 09/30 AwesomeMod seem much more stable. I was able to play for several hours this evening without incident.
jjsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 December 28, 21:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be related, so instead of starting a new thread, I decided to raise this month old thread.
coming back after a long time, I've installed all the expansions and running at 1.42. Initially it seems ok until I installed awesome mod (using autoupdater 2.Cool. After some time, random crashes seem to occur.

Ignoring all good sense of mixing in more mods, I've downloaded Nrass Error Trap and got the following:
Code:
Potential Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Insect.InsectJig (ID=0x0000000000000000, W=True, I=False)
  UNHANDLED Reference: Awesome.Macro.Tones.BugHunterTone Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces.IGameObject mTarget

Provided I did not stupidly introduce this particular crash by introducing error trap, could it provide a hint on the cause of the random crashes?
Thanks.

Edit: I will update again once I gather more crash reports.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: