More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:29:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Quail Hollow - No CC House -updated version now included
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Quail Hollow - No CC House -updated version now included  (Read 13570 times)
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Quail Hollow - No CC House -updated version now included
« on: 2012 August 18, 08:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

***Updated version added - see later post***

The lots that come with sims3 annoy me with their unnecessary hugeness [they make me think of houses from the original sims]. I thought I'd try my hand at creating a not so frustrating house to play, but as I'm relatively new to this I was hoping for some feedback? I've been playing this house for awhile now and after some tweaking I thought I'd post it here for any of you that are interested.

Quail Hollow [the name came from the blueprints the house is based on] is on a 30x40 lot and has been "wanded" to be about $39,400 when furnished and I think around $34,000 unfurnished.  It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

First Floor - (I just noticed I forgot to fix the back wall after extending the kitchen/dining room floor  Undecided )

Second Floor

Download Quail Hollow Sims3 Version

Edited to Add that I have all EP's & SP's.
« Last Edit: 2012 August 26, 04:35:57 by ajcrawly » Logged

"We've been rehearsing a classic from antiquity, Green Eggs and Hamlet, the story of a young prince of Denmark who goes mad, drowns his girlfriend, and in his remorse, forces spoiled breakfast on all whom he meets." — Christopher Moore (Fool)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Quail Hollow - No CC House
« Reply #1 on: 2012 August 18, 09:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• I understand it doesn't have many furnishings, so as to keep the price down, but you might add a touch of colour or point of interest in each area, it's a little bland over all.
  • The routing looks good just from the pictures, except where the dining table is right between the back door and the downstairs corridor access. I would have probably made the area where you have the fire and armchairs into a dining space, with the main lounge opening off the front door.
  • The rooms still seem quite large to me.
  • I'm not sure why the front left-side windows are out of alignment, it looks a little odd if you're aiming for realism.
  • I like the way the stairs are done, breaking them up is much better than the full flight, so far as looks go.
  • When building, I usually find it's a good idea to build on a 20x20 or 20x30, because in TS3 people can put a house on a larger section but not on a smaller one.
  • The foliage outside is nicely done, but you could probably get away with fewer plants and maybe use the extra $$ to put some plants inside.
  • The downstairs bathroom should have a window.

Hope you were serious about asking for criticism, because despite mine this is still a great family house with growth potential. I'm just a little puzzled at the price, it seems excessive. Must be the two full bathrooms.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 August 18, 20:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I was serious about the feedback. Thank You! 

I'll have to tweak it a little more and keep your suggestions in mind when I build the next one! I do agree that this is still a little big, but I had noticed some routing "hiccups" during gameplay and I wasn't sure if they were due to too close quarters or just the normal borkedness of Sims 3 so I didn't want to go too small.

(I still play Sims2 so this house was originally built/intended for Sims2 and I adjusted it for sims3. I got tired of seeing a house I liked for one game but not the other so I decided to create both versions from now on.)

"We've been rehearsing a classic from antiquity, Green Eggs and Hamlet, the story of a young prince of Denmark who goes mad, drowns his girlfriend, and in his remorse, forces spoiled breakfast on all whom he meets." — Christopher Moore (Fool)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 August 19, 01:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the way you've presented your lot:
- you've provided the floor plan.  I won't even consider downloading a lot if I don't know the floorplan, I want to see how many bedrooms and bathrooms and how the traffic would flow; and
- you have not photoshopped the hell out of it, so it looks like it would look in my game.

I do have one quibble with the lot - the low-end beds, although I understand that you wanted to keep the price down.  I don't use Buzzler's "Same Energy Gain for Every Bed" mod, so if I downloaded this lot I'd replace all the beds with better quality ones.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 August 26, 04:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After taking Witch's & Kyna's advice, I decided to revisit this house.  In case anyone is interested I thought I'd tack it on to this thread rather than create a new one for what is basically the same house.

I rebuilt Quail Hollow on a 20x30 lot and I redecorated just a bit.  The price jumped, but I figured I'd leave the original house up as the more affordable version.  I think the new version is about $43500 unfurnished and about $73000 furnished.

Front of house - the outside garbage can is on the right side, behind a bush.

Next up is the Second floor from 2 different angles to better show the furnishings.

And the First floor.

Download

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: