More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:25:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Crammyboye Archives (Moderator: crammyboy)
| | |-+  Craftable restock Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Craftable restock Fix  (Read 21057 times)
crammyboy

View Profile
Craftable restock Fix
« on: 2006 March 30, 15:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Craftable Restock Fix V1

This will fix a problem of crafted objects being deleted from the inventory, resulting in loss of earnings and massive frustration.

Thanks go to Pegasys for the detailed breakdown of the problem, which probably saved me a week. (see http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=3684.0)

Warning: may cause incontinence to all peasants.

For OFBp1

* CBOY_CraftableRestockFix.zip (1.02 KB - downloaded 2507 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 April 13, 13:08:35 by crammyboy » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Craftable restock Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 31, 06:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well well, who would have thought Maxis could mess-out on one of the main code of this new ep.  Roll Eyes

Maybe Bryne and Kewian should avoid installing it because of this warning : "Warning: may cause incontinence to all peasants"  Tongue
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 01, 15:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unzip and drop into your downloads folder.  Or if you have subfolders your hacks subfolder.  It should work from there, it does in my game.  The patch for OFB will automatically install when you install OFB, or you can dl it from the main website.  I wouldn't start up my game without patching first!

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 02, 12:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you have custom content enabled in the game.  If you haven't already turned off the dialog box (in the game options area, I think), you should get a popup window when the game starts asking if you want to enable custom content -- choose yes.  Then go to the game options menu after you load a neighborhood, and make sure you have custom content enabled.  You can also disable the pop-up here, so it doesn't annoy you every time you load the game. Then quit and restart so the option can take effect.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 14, 09:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unzip and drop into your downloads folder.  Or if you have subfolders your hacks subfolder.  It should work from there, it does in my game.  The patch for OFB will automatically install when you install OFB, or you can dl it from the main website.  I wouldn't start up my game without patching first!
When I installed OFB, it did not download the patch and install it.  I had to install it myself.  Even with broadband, it took some time to download it, so I am sure I would have known if it was downloading it.  It said it was checking if my installation was up-to-date, but it came back immediately and said it was.   Undecided

I am installing this fix right away.  I thought it was strange that some of my sims were working forever and having nothing to show for it.  Sad
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 18, 09:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So did EA actually fix this in patch2?  It looks as if they think they fixed something....
The patch fix list says...
" Single serving desserts no longer disappear from owner's inventory upon restock."

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 18, 09:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They fixed....some of it, I think. I got a blip from one BHAV that was altered, basically incorporating the same change Crammyboy did, but the others he changed remain unaltered.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
crammyboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 18, 10:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I noticed that too.

I have left the fix in myself because the maxis patch seems to be only a partial fix.  More investigation is required into the rest of the code and the other fixes may be obsolete. But I see no harm in leaving it in for now.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 19, 08:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys -I await your awesome inspection of the code Smiley

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: