More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:41:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Custom Apartment Spam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Apartment Spam  (Read 4960 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Custom Apartment Spam
« on: 2012 August 09, 08:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've made a custom apartment and ran into an annoying spam problem.

Every 10 minutes or so of sim time, a message will pop up stating "I have to go now, goodbye!"- this is happening from the tenants themselves. I was wondering if there was a way to stop this without it affecting any of my other legitimate messages of goodbyes etc.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Custom Apartment Spam
« Reply #1 on: 2012 August 09, 09:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Custom apartments is old, memory is rusted but you seem to be missing a marker. Hmm check list: have you placed all the necessary markers? All access corridors must be marked, outside too. There must be a marker in the elevator and in the stairways. All the NPCs doorc must be in a fenced/closed area that have a common zone marker. It's very easy to miss a small corridor. I think there was a trick for private balcony but can't remember that one huh.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 August 09, 10:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may have missed ones in the elevators, at the moment each NPC door is in an area that is somewhat closed off, stair access through out the entire place.

Edit: Elevators not having a public marker appeared to be the problem! Thanks, I hadn't made a custom apartment in over 7 months!

I've run into a new issue now though, my sim can't have visitors enter his apartment, they sit outside and whinge about now pathing.
« Last Edit: 2012 August 09, 11:37:56 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 August 09, 14:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What causes that is generally an elevator/staircase leading directly in your sims apartment. i.e. both ends of an elevator/staircase must be in a zone with a public marker. Remove it or make a real hall with public marker.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 August 10, 08:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What causes that is generally an elevator/staircase leading directly in your sims apartment. i.e. both ends of an elevator/staircase must be in a zone with a public marker. Remove it or make a real hall with public marker.

I managed to fix the spamming issue, the new issue I have is NPC sims refusing to go inside and instead whinging constantly about no pathing.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 August 10, 10:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, you're either missing a public marker somewhere (a small corridor or a tiny fenced garden) or the NPCs doors are not all enclosed in a public marker zone. Your lot must be hellishly big and/or complicated to cause such a problem. Do a staircase lead to the roof? Put a public marker there in that case, same thing for a cave (with laundry machines for example), public marker is needed there. Small fenced decorative gardens too.

Edit: If you're still having problem redo the NPCs doors (replace and set with shift-click). Also idea#2 maybe one of the NPCs doors is blocked by something, something you've put with moveobjects on maybe.
« Last Edit: 2012 August 10, 10:50:05 by Painkiller » Logged
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 August 10, 23:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give it a go. I'll try to upload a screenshot if things don't work properly still after making 100% sure that is all there, but at this point I am 95% sure it all is.

Still nothing, I checked over and everything else is working fine, just not letting the NPCs inside. ALTHOUGH, I did have a random NPC somehow get inside, and get stuck, she wouldn't leave until I had to use moveobjects on to get her out of the apartment (there was no ask to leave option).

Edit:
I have NPCs that live in the apartment complex on the floor below mine, and will come up to my floor, do the routing bug (as seen above), and will then proceed to go back down either the stairs or the elevator to their floor and into their door. It's just random, sometimes they sit out there for awhile before they go back to their apartments, I've checked to make sure nothing is blocking the path, and as far as I can see, nothing is.
« Last Edit: 2012 August 12, 10:24:21 by Rubyelf » Logged

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 August 14, 13:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How odd. Did you put a public marker in your sim's apartment or what? 'Cause normally an NPC just doesn't give a shit about your sim's apartment or even the public facilities and RUSH into his assigned rabbithole. Anyway remove the elevator to test, leaving only the stairs. If there's no change do the other way around, put back the elevator and remove the stairs; we have to check if it's one of these 2 things that is bugging their routing and making them do that stupid detour.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 August 15, 08:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How odd. Did you put a public marker in your sim's apartment or what? 'Cause normally an NPC just doesn't give a shit about your sim's apartment or even the public facilities and RUSH into his assigned rabbithole. Anyway remove the elevator to test, leaving only the stairs. If there's no change do the other way around, put back the elevator and remove the stairs; we have to check if it's one of these 2 things that is bugging their routing and making them do that stupid detour.

I tried all that, however I think I have found the issue.

I decided to do a test and make one of the sims who had the route over his head active, and I saw he was trying to use the Ice Cream machine, when I removed the Ice Cream machine I no longer had routing issues, weird.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 August 15, 21:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lulzy. Put an ice cream machine in the public zone and take a pic if the NPC neighbor really uses it, it's extremely rare to see them doing anything outside their RH. Anyway, it's cool the routing problem is now solved.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: