More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:34:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So they can't move in here?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So they can't move in here?  (Read 4105 times)
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
So they can't move in here?
« on: 2012 July 25, 23:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have no idea what's going on with this one but might as well go through the story as to I got to this problem.

I sent one of my teen sims, Wilmer, to University in a dorm by himself.  He didn't even last a sim year before dying by refusing to walk away from a burning tree.  I guess he thought his name was Moses.  Grim reaper came and the dorm was left with his tombstone on the dorm lot.

Many play sessions later, I try to move in 2 new sims onto the same lot.  They both mourned at the grave for a sim they never knew, disappeared from the spot and never showed on the lot again.  That in itself would completely bother me because I could just teleport them from wherever they were however more problems came up.  In the queue, the first box was lit green, stating that the sim was coming out of the taxi.  The game kept queuing that my sim had to grow up.  The UI at the bottom of the screen never showed.  The game was stuck at 3x speed.  The keyboard shortcuts to change speed and enter the build/buy mode didn't work.  I'm getting messages from the game telling me my sims missed a day of school or that the bus is coming to pick them up in an hour.  I had to alt-tab out of my game and go through the task manager to shut down my game.

I'm not worried about the sims themselves since I didn't get to save anything anyways.  So, does this sound like a borked lot?

Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
Re: So they can't move in here?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 26, 13:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeahhhhh, almost certainly borked. Have you tried testing cheats to see if it brings up any kind of error?

ENFP. God help you all.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: So they can't move in here?
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 26, 15:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try carpetbombing the afflicted area in Nukes first. There may be some invisible stuck crap in that area gumming up the works. By dropping Nukes on every tile, you'll see if anything is (or, rather, was) there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: