More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 16:16:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Saved content and CC not showing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Saved content and CC not showing  (Read 3494 times)
danaemichele
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Saved content and CC not showing
« on: 2012 July 16, 21:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this has happened quite suddenly. I was playing my game as usual (yes, everything is installed correctly) and then I quit out to install some sims3packs. When I go back in, it's like I'm playing for the first time. My saved game and sims are nowhere to be found and it isn't reading my CC (which I realized from the beginning when the intro wasn't skipped).
I've tried uninstalling the sims3packs and removing them completely. No change. I've also tried removing the CC, restarting my computer, and deleting caches. The only odd thing with the caches is that when I test start the Sims to see if it works and then quit out, I see that no new cache files have been created. (Is that even an issue?)
All of my saved sims, CC, and saved games are still in their appropriate folders, though. They just aren't showing up during gameplay.

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I did do a thorough search, but haven't found any posts regarding this issue (CC not showing or saved game corruption, yeah, but not CC and saved games not showing)
I run on a Mac. I know there have been some weird issues with Macs and can only hope that the problem will just fix itself as it has with other Mac users.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Saved content and CC not showing
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 16, 22:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I run on a Mac...

I knew this was your problem before I even got to the end. Also, why ask a question when you've answered it yourself.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
danaemichele
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 16, 23:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My running on a Mac may not be the problem here. That's definitely a possibility, but I haven't heard of other Mac users having this same problem. So, no, I didn't answer my own question. Like I said, I hope that my running on a Mac is the problem and it will therefore spontaneously fix itself as it has with other Mac users, but the problem I'm having may not be Mac-related at all. Which is why I am here hoping that someone may be intelligent enough in these matters to help me out. Or at least offer some viable solutions besides re-installing or just giving up.

Thanks for your intelligent insight there, though. I'll write that down.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 July 17, 07:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least once a week there's someone reporting the same at MTS's Mac forum, I guess it's a new security feature of MacOS to protect its data from its users by relocating them into some hidden corner.
Monty
Asinine Airhead

I will make them love me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2012 July 17, 11:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My running on a Mac may not be the problem here.

Stopped reading there.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 July 17, 15:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My running on a Mac may not be the problem here.
I just told you it is.
That's definitely a possibility, but I haven't heard of other Mac users having this same problem.
Lurk moar!
So, no, I didn't answer my own question. Like I said, I hope that my running on a Mac is the problem and it will therefore spontaneously fix itself as it has with other Mac users…
Didn't you just say you haven't heard of anyone having this problem? How would you know that it fixes itself? Are you stupid enough to believe computer problems ever fix themselves?
… but the problem I'm having may not be Mac-related at all. Which is why I am here hoping that someone may be intelligent enough in these matters to help me out. Or at least offer some viable solutions besides re-installing or just giving up.
And again, it is Mactard related. This doesn't happen to real computer users.
Thanks for your intelligent insight there, though. I'll write that down.
You do that while you're waiting for your Mac to fix itself.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 July 18, 17:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TEARS OF PRIDE.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: