More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 08:38:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Mod for 1.36
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Mod for 1.36  (Read 27251 times)
beta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Awesome Mod for 1.36
« on: 2012 July 12, 03:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi guys,

just installed Sims3 after a long time, and updated it to the current version (1.36.45) in the process.
I tried to install Awesome Mod as well, but the current version of Awesome Mod gives an error complaining a core file has been changed.
I guess, this is because AM currently doesn't support 1.36.
Is it safe to proceed ignoring this error, or should I wait for an AM update?

Best,
beta
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Awesome Mod for 1.36
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 12, 09:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*headdesk* That proves that you do not know what a CORE mod is. So remove AM and forget about it.
Vreen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 12, 14:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, I think beta may have a point, he probably just didn't got the right words.

For my computer also some strange message occured after the update on 1.36 and I do not mean a typical "Inoffical game modification bla bla" message before starting the game, but a message inside the game like
"Warning: Non-critical Core mismatch! A core file not part of the Awesome mod does not match expected values. This could be a result due to version mismatch or third-party hack"

I used Awesome mod before for a long time, with different version numbers and I never got this explicit message above. I also do not think it is a third-party hack, as the message remains, if every other mod is deactiveted (by the way I KNOW that I do not have another core mod around^^)

Of course I tried the "Ignore" Buttom an nothing bad happend so far.
However it could be worth to look into it.
beta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 July 12, 16:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Warning: Non-critical Core mismatch! A core file not part of the Awesome mod does not match expected values. This could be a result due to version mismatch or third-party hack"

Thanks Vreen, that's the message I was referring to. I do not use any other core mod as well.
As the 1.36 update seems very fresh and the announcement thread only listed compatibility for 1.34, I was thinking that could be the reason.
Good to hear it works for you nevertheless.

Painkiller, I am not exactly sure what you're saying. Are you saying that the error is common and can be ignored, or are you saying that it is usual to have to wait for an updated version of a core mod when the game gets updated?
I could understand the latter, but I just wanted to know if someone was able to play with the current AM version anyways.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 July 12, 16:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus wept.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 July 12, 17:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, for fuck's sake. This happens with every bloody patch. AM is always updated to the latest game patch and any previous versions are unsupported. Therefore you always need the latest patch to use AM. However, there is often a delay (and don't fucking ask, "How long?") between patch release and AM update. During this interval you have three options:

1. Wait to patch your game until the updated version of AM is released.
2. Patch the game and play without AM until the updated version of AM is released.
3. Patch the game and wait to play until the updated version of AM is released.

If you don't know what version of AM you have, look at the rtfm or AM file's date.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
samiam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 July 13, 03:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beta,

It is not safe to continue to use an AM version that is not compatible with your current patch. In my (comparatively limited) experience, it could cause serious damage to your save games and generally muck things up.

Your best bet if you want to continue to play TS3 under the 1.36 patch during the intermittent period between patches and AM updates is to use Nraas Mods. They offer similar features, but are broken down into piece mods instead of being all inclusive like AM. Nraas has a page comparing the two here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Awesome

If you want to use AM safely, you'll have to reinstall TS3 and only patch up to 1.34.

Because AM is such a complex and integrated core mod, it could take some time to update. And, of course, J.Pescado has a life outside of TS3.

And no, you couldn't have another core mod (with the exception of Nraas ErrorTrap) because "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE".

Cheers
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 July 13, 07:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woah, woah. There's ANOTHER patch now? Hang on, gimme a few minutes to track it down and patch it. The process of doing a patch doesn't actually take "hours" or "days", it just requires that I notice the patch. Expansions take longer, but patches never take more than a few minutes, tops, most of which consists of letting the computer chew. I sort of anticipated that patches would be nightmarish otherwise and took care of the issue early on with a tool.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
beta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 July 13, 09:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, thought I had already thanked for all of your help, but the post seems to have vanished - so here it goes again Smiley
The new version works without the error message Smiley
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 July 13, 14:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, thought I had already thanked for all of your help, but the post seems to have vanished - so here it goes again Smiley
The new version works without the error message Smiley

It wasn't vanished, it was moved.  Pointless "thank you" posts are frowned upon.  If you feel like you'll spontaneously combust if you don't thank someone right this second, there's a convenient "Thanks" button.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
italo_calvino
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 July 18, 11:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working like a charm.  Today I derped around with a billion packaged package files as well as reinstalling Awesome Mod several times before I remembered I was using Error Trap and despite it being twallan's you need to update that too, or you'll have exactly the type of issue I was having, the core something mismatch, instant crash at game load, yadda yadda.  herp derp.

You should update (if you want) the reply on this page: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html

I wasn't clear whether you had gotten around to it or not for a while.

Cheers, thanks for everything!
« Last Edit: 2012 July 18, 12:15:05 by italo_calvino » Logged
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 July 18, 12:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there is a fourth option.  Once .36 is downloaded, ignore error messages and proceed to play game with AM previous version without a problem as I did. 

Beta asked a perfectly sane question to which he received varying degrees of abuse.  Some of you are such smart alecks.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 July 18, 14:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beta asked a perfectly sane question to which he received varying degrees of abuse.  Some of you are such smart alecks.

The fact that you are even remotely surprised by this fact shows just how little you understand MATY culture. FOR IS IT NOT WRITTEN MOAR FIGHT?

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
italo_calvino
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 July 18, 16:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there is a fourth option.  Once .36 is downloaded, ignore error messages and proceed to play game with AM previous version without a problem as I did.

Kinda asking to get boned down the road with corrupt saves or something though.  Then again I used Awesome Mod with friggin Steam for a while.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 July 18, 16:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should update (if you want) the reply on this page: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html
AM version information is updated exactly where it should be: rtfm

The only way this is a fourth option is if you choose to use an outdated and unsupported version of AM at your own peril. If this had been a more extensive patch, for instance an EP patch, you would have risked screwing up your game such that you would have needed to reinstall. Believe it or not, there is a reason that previous versions of AM are unsupported. It is a core mod. And since the status of AM as a core mod has been repeated and emphasized in this thread, on this site, and in the rtfm it would make sense, if one were ignorant of what exactly a Sims 3 core mod was (and if one weren't a lazy, speshul, snowflaek), to look for a definition on, oh, I don't know, let's say, Google.

What is obvious is that beta didn't see fit to search the site for the error message. Had "he" done so, this thread wouldn't exist. What part of Search Moar and Read the Fucking Manual don't you get?

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
italo_calvino
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 July 18, 18:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it should also be updated where it says it's updated to 1.34.  Thanks for trying though. Smiley
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 July 18, 18:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it should also be updated where it says it's updated to 1.34.  Thanks for trying though.

Actually you're both kinda wrong, italoTard moar so. If you want to know when AM has been updated check the time stamp, no one has enough time to be constantly updating the posts/comments for you snowflaeks. Pez makes things hard for the stupid. And your smiley can go to hell.

*edit* I take this back, looks like Pez has been keeping up on updating the RTFM, he hasn't always. Eeyore - 1, italoTard - 0.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 July 18, 19:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it should also be updated where it says [in the download thread's comment section] it's updated to 1.34.
While you may wish this to be so for the sake of convenience, you will be disappointed as FOJ does not update the thread comments every time he makes a change/update -- which happens quite a bit. KT is absolutely correct when he says that the most reliable way to know what version of AM you have is to look at the file date. While it is appropriate that the rtfm reflect the correct AM patch version (it is, after all, the manual), there may be several versions for any given patch. Look to the file date, but also read the fucking manual.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: