More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:56:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Playing 1.24 version of Awesomemod-Idiotic question from an idiot in general
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Playing 1.24 version of Awesomemod-Idiotic question from an idiot in general  (Read 16163 times)
Vriska
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Playing 1.24 version of Awesomemod-Idiotic question from an idiot in general
« on: 2012 July 04, 20:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot patch up to the latest 1.34 patch due to custom sliders that I wish to keep but haven't been fixed as of yet. (The 1.29 fucked up sims' skeletons apparently.)
My 1.24 version of Awesomemod expired recently, though I would like to continue playing with this version for the reason above.
Thus, I tried to find a way to have my Awesomemod version expire later than what has been set.
After lurking for about three days I haven't found any clues pertaining to the editing of an XML within the mod using S3PE, but decided to give it a shot anyway.
I found 9 _XML's, but can't find the string that needs editing because I am blind and stupid. I am also probably doing this wrong.
I decided to go with the system clock turn-back, which seemed to work for other people playing with older versions, and got this message:

"Warning! Your system time appears to be incorrect, would you like to check it online against a time server?
Your system time will not be adjusted automatically.  Please correct the time manually, if necessary. A reboot may be required afterwards."
I clicked "No", and then another prompt appeared:

"Invalid system-time detected.
Please check and correct your local system-time setting. A reboot may be required afterwards." Then the game decides not to run when I hit "Ok".

I don't know if this is a Vista thing, because Vista is utter shit.

Is there any way to bypass the game from caring about when my system clock is set? If not, where exactly is the expiry string located among those 9 XML's within Awesomemod?
« Last Edit: 2012 July 04, 20:30:26 by Vriska » Logged
Scientist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Playing 1.24 version of Awesomemod-Idiotic question from an idiot in general
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 04, 21:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Find the following line in the last XML:

<BuildLifeDays value="56" /> <!-- Altering this line will probably cause your game to explode!-->

This is the number of days the mod will work from the time it was created.  Change it to something greater.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Playing 1.24 version of Awesomemod-Idiotic question from an idiot in general
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 04, 21:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, which sliders?
All of mine work fine with 1.34, and I'm always interested in finding more sliders.

Vriska
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 July 04, 21:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi- Johna's body sliders from MTS. They work fine, but I have a few favorite sims using either the neck slider, or the waist slider. He has said that he's working on it, but those two sliders have become bugged in existing sims in the way they display things since the 1.29 patch. So basically my sims' heads whom use those sliders look like skate ramps.

Scientist- I tried that just now, utilizing the built-in text editor from S3PE. I noticed that the build days were at "0" and I changed them to "56" with no results. When I saved the package, cleared caches, and loaded the game, it still said that my Awesomemod was expired and exited the game. Did I miss something?
Scientist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 July 04, 23:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vriska, if you are running patch 1.24, which came out with Generations, your version of AwesomeMod is over nine months old.  Check to see when it expired.  You probably need to use a number much greater than 56 (like 560).
Vriska
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 July 04, 23:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scientist- I checked, and it said my version expired on 11/27/2011 09:40:09. I tried changing the value to 560, and when that didn't work, 1000. The expiry notice persists. Perhaps I am going about editing the value wrong, but I have no idea what factors are affecting this. Has this method worked for you before?
Scientist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 July 05, 00:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is odd that  your "build days" was at 0.  That means the mod expired the day it was made.  Usually it set at 7 - 14 when a new patch comes out  and then lengthen once the mod has stabilized.

My version of AwesomeMod is set to expire 8/13/12.  I just change the value to read <BuildLifeDays value="560" /> and set my computer's date to 9/1/12 and the game loaded fine.  The new expiration date is 12/30/2013.  Double check that your syntax is correct, and make sure of changes were saved.  If that is the case, another issue must be involved.   Could the version of  S3PE you are using be an issue?
Vriska
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 July 05, 01:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated my S3PE but I'm pretty sure that isn't the issue. I have no idea why my BuildDays were at 0. Does this look correct to you? Maybe I'm editing it wrong. All I do is right-click the _XML and click Notepad as shown below. At this point I think it's something else. My build didn't expire the day that it's saying it is either. It just started throwing that prompt at me about a week ago.

Scientist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 July 05, 02:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your mod edit looks the way it should.   The fact you only see the prompt now is also strange.  Maybe EA has its own expiration date on its patches.  Anyway, best of luck.
Vriska
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 July 05, 02:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll figure this out eventually. It'd be terrible if EA set their own patch expiration, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 July 05, 06:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I REALLY can't recommend using that version, since it contains a number of fatal bugs that have been subsequently resolved and backfixed. Just patch your damned game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Vriska
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 July 05, 15:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had problems with it myself, but I can ignore the slanted heads caused by the new patch for awhile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 July 05, 17:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen Slanted Heads. You must be doing it wrong.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Vriska
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 July 05, 18:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was just caused by some incompatibility with some sliders I used which haven't been updated. The sims whom don't use those sliders are fine.
Evidently the affected had to be my favorite sims. xD
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 July 06, 13:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Find the following line in the last XML:

<BuildLifeDays value="56" /> <!-- Altering this line will probably cause your game to explode!-->

This is the number of days the mod will work from the time it was created.  Change it to something greater.

MATY's official position is that you should always have the most recent version of AM in your game and that older versions are not supported.  Encouraging people to do the opposite is counterproductive.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 July 07, 17:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, didn't you read the warning on the file? That file has sharp edges. Do not touch the edges of the file. Plus, you messed with that line, and your game exploded. I told you so.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 July 07, 19:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't have to call yourself an idiot in your thread title.  Letting us know you haven't patched since Generations was clue enough.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: