More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:40:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Lucky Palms fails to recognize the existence of arred EPs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lucky Palms fails to recognize the existence of arred EPs?  (Read 16479 times)
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lucky Palms fails to recognize the existence of arred EPs?
« on: 2012 July 04, 02:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded and decrapped Lucky Palms from here. Although Store worlds are supposed to recognize which EPs you have and plop down the respective lots, it only did that with one EP- Ambitions, the only one I bought.
Is this normal? Am I being stupid?
I'm guessing that either I installed the EP's wrong (I don't use cracks, just Awesomemod's NoCD) or it somehow checks. I can, of course, download the lots I'm missing separately, but I'd really like to know what went wrong and fix it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Lucky Palms fails to recognize the existence of arred EPs?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 04, 02:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all arred EPs. A little wizard popped up and asked if I wanted to be guided through placing the Showtime lots. I said yes, out of curiosity. The first two lots I was offered, starting with the largest and working down, had no available lot I could find to place them on. So I cancelled out. The Pets equestrian stuff I had to place myself, but the adoption household established itself fine. Otherwise I had to place stylist/tattooist, consignment store and junkyard. Can't remember if the pictures lot was there or if I placed it.

All the lots should be available on the community lots tab in edit town.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 04, 02:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But those are lots that came with the EPs, no? The Store worlds come with prebuilt lots for EPs, such as those placed by the game for Ambitions. I've had the same problem with Lunar Lakes, but I was under the impression that it was because I torrented the town.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 July 04, 03:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who knows? I never get those messages because I have an STFU mod I made for that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 July 04, 04:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just place the lots manually and quit whining about it.  The game's auto-placement sucks anyway, and you end up with most of them rotated out to face the wrong way, or in lots that are twice as big as they need to be.  You're better off placing them yourself.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 July 04, 05:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who knows? I never get those messages because I have an STFU mod I made for that.

Where's Fat Gwilly People?  We need this mod NAO.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 July 04, 07:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucky Palms does not autoplace any EP lots by default and neither does Lunar Lakes. It has nothing to do with being arred or non-arred.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 July 04, 12:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK only hoods that came with expansion packs do auto-placement, none of the store hoods have that.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 July 04, 13:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything I got installed atm is legit, with the exception of the store stuff of course, and I didn't get the message to let the game add the lots either. As far as I know the game didn't add any of the EP lots itself but tbh I didn't pay attention. I do see performers from SHT all around the world though and one household had the icon for a pet adoption.

AFAIK only hoods that came with expansion packs do auto-placement, none of the store hoods have that.

Doesn't Hidden Springs have auto-placement? I remember people ranting about the ambitions lots looking terrible in it because they didn't align properly.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 July 04, 18:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know wrong, since Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs and Riverview do auto-placement of Ambitions and Showtime lots.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 July 05, 07:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reality is more complicated than either of you believe it to me. But Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 July 07, 04:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where's Fat Gwilly People?  We need this mod NAO.

The reality is more complicated than either of you believe it to me. But Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.

Huh! Here I was thinking I had gotten the mod that does this in my game from here. Wonder where it actually came from then...
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 July 07, 18:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are Fat Gwilly People even ALIVE?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 July 07, 22:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh! Here I was thinking I had gotten the mod that does this in my game from here. Wonder where it actually came from then...

This is probably the mod you are thinking of, Ambitions Community Lots Auto Placement Fix (Updated to Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33/SHT) http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424222
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 July 07, 23:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably the mod you are thinking of, Ambitions Community Lots Auto Placement Fix (Updated to Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33/SHT) http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424222

That particular mod automatically places community lots -- and it's OLD.  The FOJ's mod probably makes it so you can add them yourself without the game nagging you.

Don't make me spam you with PMs.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 July 08, 15:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat Gwilly People probably aren't going to ask, unless you have a handy ouija board.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: