More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:50:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod won't work.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod won't work.  (Read 23379 times)
Frejoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
AwesomeMod won't work.
« on: 2012 July 03, 18:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read on how to install it, I did download your framework and put d3dx9_31.dll in \Game\Bin in all of the expansion and the base game, put the mod folder in the base game and the .package files in the packages folder in the base game, on the expansions I removed the Resource.cfg in Game\Bin\Mods\Files. and only had the .package file in the base game. If i put the Resource.cfg in The Sims 3 folder the game just crash when I try to start it.

This mod uses an other way to start mods then over at the modthesims, so it did not work to use the framework that they have and put it in the Program\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder, the other mods only work that way, and I can not put them in the The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Mods\Packages as it did not load them.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod won't work.
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 03, 19:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PEBCAK, causing framework fail.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 03, 20:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod works using either framework method, and since the framework outlined at Mod the Sims is marginally less complex (although neither could be said to be complex, really) you should follow their instructions.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Frejoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 July 04, 04:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If both either framework method works, why does Awesomemod not work on modthesims, and nothing works on awesomemod framework and what is PEBCAK?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 July 04, 04:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If both either framework method works, why does Awesomemod not work on modthesims, and nothing works on awesomemod framework and what is PEBCAK?

Here you go:  http://bit.ly/shvO7D

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Frejoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 July 04, 05:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the install directions,

1.  You copy the framework files into both the base game and the expansion directories.  The paths should be something like C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/World Adventures.   Leave the empty files in both locations.

2.  Copy the d3dx9_31.dll file into the Game>Bin folder of both the above directories.  Leave those files in both.

3.  Download a new copy of AwesomeMod, unzip it and copy the AwesomeMod file into first The Sims 3 directory.

4.  Copy the Resource.cfg file and paste the copy into The Sims 3 directory, but not into Mods>Packages.

5.  Try the game to see if it works.  If AwesomeMod is working you can tell by typing Ctrl-Shift-C and then typing "showconfig".  If it is working you will see 4 pages of detail about how your personal copy of AwesomeMod is configured.

6.  If that does not work, then take AwesomeMod out of the The Sims 3/Mods/Packages file and paste it into the World Adventures/Mods/Packages folder.  Cut the Resource.cfg file from The Sims 3 directory and paste it into the World Adventures directory (but again, not in Mods>Packages).

7.  Run the game again and repeat the other instructions in Step 5.

And they do not work,I'm I missing the right install dir or do you just like to be a jerk?
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 July 04, 06:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they do not work,I'm I missing the right install dir or do you just like to be a jerk?

Why can't it be both?

Just follow the MTS directions, as Eeyore advised. They're retard-proof.
Frejoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 July 04, 08:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Resource.cfg is at the The sims 3 folder where there is a mod folder>packages and then awsomemod.package, I start the game and Ctrl-Shift-C and then typing "showconfig" and there is no such command. I have the latest patch, I deleted all cache files in The sims 3 folder and in the my document The sims 3 folder.  I have tried by only using this mod and removed all other but that didn't work, I tried to have that mod on a higher priority but that didn't work. 

All other mods work just fine with modthesims framework. So I also tried to use the awesomemod with modthesims framework but that didn't work. I tried to copy the framework and the package to the expansion.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 July 04, 15:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not like AM requires some super secret, super complex handshake to work; everyone else can successfully use AM with either framework, but you can't. What does this mean? PEBKAC. You are doing it wrong.

Move your mods and non-store CC to a safe location. Delete any and all framework folders and files from the game. Start over using the Mod the Sims instructions. Add only AM (and the config file if you are using it) to your mods folder, delete scriptcache.package, start the game and check to see if it works.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 04, 15:23:55 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Frejoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 July 04, 16:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a new framework from mod the sims, I deleted everything in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, added the mod folder inside I had Resource.cfg, and a folder named Packages with aweconf.package inside, there was no cache in the "The sims 3" folder, and no old files.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 July 04, 16:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did it work? Did you delete all the framework/files from all the Sims 3/EP program files? Are you fully and correctly patched? There are step by step guides on patching, installing package files, and troubleshooting at Mod the Sims. Read and follow them all.

bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 July 04, 17:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a new framework from mod the sims, I deleted everything in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, added the mod folder inside I had Resource.cfg, and a folder named Packages with aweconf.package inside, there was no cache in the "The sims 3" folder, and no old files.

Just the config? You don't mention whether or not you have AwesomeMod itself. That would probably help.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 July 04, 17:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are we really enabling this tard? It doesn't get any easier than DRAG AND DROP the framework where it tells you to put it.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 July 04, 18:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Computers are hard yo!

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Frejoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 July 04, 19:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just the config? You don't mention whether or not you have AwesomeMod itself. That would probably help.

" and a folder named Packages with aweconf.package inside"

Ok I take some screens to show you:

And the "The sims 3" folder looks like when I first installed it. Both the launcher and the ts3 patch downloader by FordGT90Concept over at the Mod the sims says I have the latest patch.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 July 04, 20:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are the speshulist of snowflaeks you know that? THAT'S NOT AWESOMEMOD!

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 July 05, 00:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 July 05, 02:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, you're right, AwesomeMod doesn't work at all. I guess we can all delete our profiles and never come back. How about you go first, Frejoh?

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 July 05, 02:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well. I think this is a first. Clearly we're going to have to start asking these AM-wont-work-for-me tards if they actually downloaded awesomemod, or if they only have the config file. NEVER ASSUME!

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Frejoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 July 05, 04:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry my fault, didn't look at the screenshot enough. Because I suppose awesome.package is the mod it self and the aweconf.package is just the config file?

Reason was that I had to delete everything and paste the files in there again, and then it seems like I miss the actual mod itself.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 July 05, 06:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Frejoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 July 05, 14:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the mod is still now working.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 July 05, 15:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the forum is still not caring.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 July 06, 13:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you install the actual mod this time, or just rename a blank folder "Awesomemod" and call it a day?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: