More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:12:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Neighborhood Disappeared, WTF?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neighborhood Disappeared, WTF?  (Read 4820 times)
meixhiang
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Neighborhood Disappeared, WTF?
« on: 2012 June 30, 18:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I made a brand shiny new neighborhood with all the subhoods (I have every EP except AL) using the clean templates.  I spent hours lovingly crafting townies for it in CAS and used the Inge teleporter to put them in the game as townies.

Then I loaded another neighborhood so that I could package up an unoccupied dorm that I wanted to move to the university in my new neighborhood.

When I re-loaded the game, my brand shiny new neighborhood didn't appear in the menu! It was gone. Sad

So I loaded it in SimPE.  All the sims are gone and there's just a bunch of "UNK" stuff in there.

What on earth? I am assuming there's no way to get this neighborhood back in working order, but does anyone have any idea how this happened so I can make it not happen again?
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
Re: Neighborhood Disappeared, WTF?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 01, 05:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an incident like that, turns out my antivirus was being trigger-happy and preventing changes from comitting. Is anything else acting up? This sounds like a problem beyond Sims.

ENFP. God help you all.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 01, 08:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like your save process shit itself, causing no sims to be written successfully and corrupting your neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
meixhiang
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 July 01, 17:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the replies.  I haven't noticed anything else wonky with this computer.  I'm using Avast for antivirus, but nothing's changed with it recently.

Maybe it's just a fluke, then? If you're correct, Pescado, I am not sure what would cause that.

I guess the lesson is if I am going to spend hours and hours setting up a neighborhood I need to be way more obsessive about backups.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: