More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:30:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Remove food?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Remove food?  (Read 5571 times)
Humla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Remove food?
« on: 2012 June 29, 15:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello!

So I recently downloaded a dorm to my game, and now I have this "Have breakfast/lunch/dinner -> Canapé -> Cream Cheese, and I really don't want that since I play my game in swedish. And that fact that it adds another suggestion to my fridge is incredibly annoying.  Angry
So I tried browsing through my Downloads folder and found the file, so I deleted it, but the option still isn't gone. Is it somehow tangled up in the lot file, if that is possible?

What am I supposed to do?
I'd be so grateful if someone knows how to help me.  Smiley
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Remove food?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 June 29, 16:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you install a lot in TS2, you can also install a bunch of custom content you didn't want that tagged along with the lot file.  It's been forever and ago that I played TS2, so I don't remember the steps to uninstall once it's in there, but there's a program that lets you edit TS2 packages before you install them to remove any custom content you don't want first (with the exception of terrain paints, if I recall correctly; terrain paints can fuck up things if you install a lot without them).

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Humla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 June 29, 19:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I used CleanInstaller and since I'm too lazy I didn't look it through, but now afterwards when I open the downloaded file and I can see that "Food" file...  Sad
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 June 29, 19:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try taking out the whole downloads folder and test in a new neighbourhood?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 June 29, 20:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try clearing your cache files.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Humla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 June 30, 11:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try taking out the whole downloads folder and test in a new neighbourhood?

So I just did that and  the option was gone! Yay! (And so is the smaller plumbob I got in the same download, but didn't notice until a moment ago!)  Roll Eyes
So what does this mean?  Huh
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 June 30, 13:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If removing the one file didn't solve the problem, but removing the entire Downloads folder did, it means that you either deleted the wrong file or there is more than one causing the issue.  You'll have to find all the files that the lot added.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Humla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 June 30, 17:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seriously spent an hour dealing with Clean Installer but I managed to remove the food, so now it works! Thank you so much! Cheesy
The smaller plumbob mod is still there, but I'll deal with that some other day! Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: