More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:47:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Saved Games in Saves Folder, But Not in The Game, .package Files missing, etc.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Saved Games in Saves Folder, But Not in The Game, .package Files missing, etc.  (Read 6728 times)
missnotits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Saved Games in Saves Folder, But Not in The Game, .package Files missing, etc.
« on: 2012 June 28, 19:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of my saves are in the Saves folder, but when I start my game, it says I have no saves and says I need to start a new game and none of my package files or sims3packs are in the game. I've tried taking the folders out and putting it back in and a few other things, but nothing is working.
Also, all of the settings have snapped back to default. My entire game pretty much reset. Theres no installed content through my launcher anymore, or even downloads. No package files are in game, skins, hair, clothes, objects, awesome mod, master controller anything. I don't know what happened, the day before this happened my game was fine, and I didn't change or add anything. 

I started a new game since the other ones weren't showing up, and the new game is saved as jtry2 or something like that, but it's no where to be found in the documents. I even put my game that I was playing before this happened (LosAngeles.sims3 in Starlight Shores) that wasn't showing up in the CurrentGame.sims3 file, and it's still showing the one that can't be found. I'll post screenshots of the files.

http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/6/9/6/9/9/9/5/MTS_ohayitstiffanay-1304264-PicMonkeyCollage3.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Saved Games in Saves Folder, But Not in The Game, .package Files missing, etc.
« Reply #1 on: 2012 June 28, 19:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those screenshots suggest you have a Mac, yes? You might want to mention something like that.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
missnotits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Saved Games in Saves Folder, But Not in The Game, .package Files missing, etc.
« Reply #2 on: 2012 June 28, 19:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I tried to edit my first post and it just wouldn't let me, it kept saying unable to find page, but yes I'm on a Macbook Pro Lion 10.7.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 June 28, 19:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you using a sock?

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
missnotits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 June 28, 19:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mac was a gift from my parents, and I unfortunately can't afford a nice PC right now, aha.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 June 28, 19:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesn't answer my question, or cover up your previously retarded posts under a different account.

ETA: Sock puppetry is frowned upon at MATY.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
missnotits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 June 28, 20:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lost my previous account's login, and I never set up a security question so I couldn't get back into my account. But yes, I did have another account on here. And sorry, I assumed you were talking about my computer...
missnotits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 June 29, 01:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does anyone have any idea what to do? It's like the file in the EA directory isn't the right file or something, because nothing is changing when I start new games, take screenshots, add .package files, etc.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 June 29, 01:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double posts as bad, m'kay? There is a modify button for a reason; use it.

missnotits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 June 29, 03:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as I said above, it either doesn't show up or I get an "unable to find server" page when I click it.
ksstrek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 June 29, 13:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot tell you what is wrong with your game, but there are times when it gets hopelessly borked, the best course of action is to uninstall everything and start over.   Save your saved games folder on your desktop and you may be able to use them again, if you find the problem was not in your saved games.  Reinstall only CC from sites and creators that you trust, and not all at once so that if there are some conflicts, it is easier to sort out which mods conflict.  good luck.

I know it is a pain to start from scratch. Been there. Done that.
good luck
missnotits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 June 29, 17:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much, unfortunately i'll only be able to re-install what I have thanks to family that managed to lose my box of CDs when we moved. But i'll do what I can! Thanks.

Another thing I tried was to search the name of the new save I made that's not showing up in my saves folder, and it says there's nothing in my hard drive of the save name. That's not right, clearly, if my game is still recognizing the new save.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 30, 05:47:43 by missnotits » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: