More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:41:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Have I broken it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Have I broken it?  (Read 8524 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Have I broken it?
« on: 2012 July 03, 03:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I just recently installed an ARRed Katy Perry Sweet Stuff (only because I like some of the things in it...), I could use the crack but I'd rather not, so I have AwesomeConfig set to enable NoCD, but it didn't work. So I downloaded NRAAS' NoCD, it also did not work. Is it because of my version? It updated to 13.0.62.016001- the NoCD's worked in the past before Showtime (which I purchased), but for this one it's just not working. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2012 July 03, 06:12:44 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
Re: Have I broke it?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 03, 04:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't go through the launcher, use the sims3 exe.  Works for me. 

meh.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Re: Have I broke it?
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 03, 05:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't go through the launcher, use the sims3 exe.  Works for me. 

That worked, thanks, never had that issue running through the launcher before, I am curious as to what has changed?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Have I broken it?
« Reply #3 on: 2012 July 03, 06:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What changed? I thought you answered that question yourself: You installed a thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 July 03, 06:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What changed? I thought you answered that question yourself: You installed a thing.

What I was referring to, as I realise I may have been vague, was the compatibility for both Awesome and the NRAAS NoCD was for the latest version of the game, which I have, so I was wondering if I did something wrong there to prevent it running through the launcher anymore.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 July 03, 11:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NRaas NoCD has always needed to be used without the launcher. Did you have a legit digital download of Showtime? That would explain why installing a thing suddenly requires you to bypass the launcher.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 July 03, 11:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Launcher has never been an approved method of running the game, so there's no reason to believe it should work at all, and working at all is considered the exception rather than the rule.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 July 03, 15:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still on the fence about arring KPST. It's so bad I'm not sure I want it for free. NRAAS' no CD mod doesn't need to be updated. That's the entire point of having a no cd mod. You don't have to mess around with game files so you won't have to wait for an update when a new patch is released. Nor do you have to worry about missing files if you forgot to make a back-up. It has always required me to run the game from the .exe as well, even when I played with my paid for content only. Then again I don't leave disks in my drive.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 July 03, 19:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a mix of arr'ed and legit expansions but I have always been able to use the launcher with AM until the KP shit pack.  Don't know what difference it made, but don't really give two shits anyhoo the launcher is a POS.

meh.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 July 04, 22:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a mix of arr'ed and legit expansions but I have always been able to use the launcher with AM until the KP shit pack.  Don't know what difference it made, but don't really give two shits anyhoo the launcher is a POS.

That's what happened with me, which is why I asked, only reason I tended to use the launcher was when installing SimPacks etc and if I was already there I'd hit the play button, habit.

RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 July 05, 03:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the only reason I use it too.  I tried CCmagic, but I must be a complete and total retard because I couldn't make it work no matter what I did.  Meh, my game works pretty well right now so I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

meh.
Monty
Asinine Airhead

I will make them love me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2012 July 17, 11:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I just recently installed an ARRed Katy Perry Sweet Stuff

Found your problem.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 July 17, 15:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we already determined that ASSHOLE.  Hello Captain Obvious!

meh.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: