More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:33:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Corrupt Save Crash
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Corrupt Save Crash  (Read 5662 times)
Danstudent
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Corrupt Save Crash
« on: 2012 June 10, 03:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting a corrupt save crash randomly while playing. Sometimes it happens when my sim is sleeping, sometimes while doing stuff. I save very often and usually reload the previous save and resetsim * which makes the game not crashes for a few in-game days. But it crashes at least once a game week.

I just recently reinstalled Sims 3, within the last week. I have version 1.33. I am using all of the main expansions through Pets. I do not have Showtime and am missing some of the "Stuff" expansions.

So basically, clean Sims 3 install, Pets, Awesomemod install that I just reinstalled today. Created two new households, same random corrupt save crash occurring. I am on Appaloosa Plains, so it could be some interaction on there. My game does not crash at all playing without Awesomemod. I have a steam install, dunno if that matters. Running without custom content, only Awesomemod. I have the resource.cfg file in my documents\mods\ folder and awesomemod in the sims3\mods\packages folder.

[Build info]
Application: Sims3
BuildTime:   2012-04-17-1051
BuildUser:   codebuilder
BuildHost:   SIMS-BUILD133
BuildConfig: Release
BuldVersion: 0.0.0.14
Commandline: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\the sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe -nocc

Memory load: 42%
Total physical memory: 8174 Mb
Available physical memory: 4660 Mb
Total page file memory: 16347 Mb
Available page file memory: 12189 Mb
Total virtual memory: 4095 Mb
Free virtual memory: 2578 Mb

[Exception info]
date: 2012-06-09
time: 19.49.14
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000030
address: 0x00d5d27f "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\the sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0095c27f

Dunno what else you might need. I am going to try a new household in a different town and see if it still crashes. I absolutely love this mod and will continue the play through the crashes if I can't figure this out. But I would prefer to stop the crashes.

Edit - New game in Sunset Valley lasted a day and a half before the same type of corrupted save game crash according to the CLA. Sim was in the middle of cooking mac&cheese.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 10, 03:44:10 by Danstudent » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Corrupt Save Crash
« Reply #1 on: 2012 June 10, 08:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, for starters, current version is 1.34. So no support will be provided for outdated versions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Danstudent
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Corrupt Save Crash
« Reply #2 on: 2012 June 10, 09:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I thought I was running the current version. I figured the 1.33 was the version number cause that's what it said in the crash log check program. However, I checked online as to where in the Sims 3 folder it would say the current version number and it was in the file skuversion.txt in game\bin.

GameVersion = 1.34.27.016037

Is that the most current version?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: