More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:04:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Woozelbury Mews
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Woozelbury Mews  (Read 31803 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Woozelbury Mews
« on: 2012 June 09, 13:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a house and plan on the net I liked and tried to copy that.

http://www.davidreidhomes.co.nz/standard-plans/34/contemporary-4/3/

From that template I made a three bedroom, three bathroom townhouse on a 30x20 lot. It costs §116,639 furnished and §65,866 unfurnished. There is a two car garage, which also contains an inventor's station and the laundry. I have no idea why, but Soozel Woozel seems to think the house belongs to her, she just wandered in off the street one day and took possession. So don't be surprised if you catch glimpses of her in the pictures. I have interspersed some pictures of daytime and nighttime lighting, as I had a lot of fun with the custom lights. I have every EP and SP except the Katy Perry one.

As you can see, Sooze had a busy day but managed to fit in a nap and a bit of gaming before appropriating one of the kid's beds.

Download for decrapped sims3packs

Download for single and merged packages Kudos to Havelock for the conversion.

Extra storey with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a garden. Download from this post.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 15, 07:56:14 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Re: Woozelbury Mews
« Reply #1 on: 2012 June 09, 14:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I truly envy your decoration skills. Very nice use of color and the lot itself is gorgeous. This appears to be cc free, yes?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 June 09, 15:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I truly envy your decoration skills. Very nice use of color and the lot itself is gorgeous. This appears to be cc free, yes?

I spot some store items in there from Through the Looking Glass, Haute Hip, Animals Abound, and Future Shock.  Do you use .packages or decrapped s3packs?

It looks really, really good, and I can't wait to use it in game (after hiring an exterminator to deal with the woozel infestation, of course).

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 June 09, 15:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love your colour combinations, Witch! And the house is stunning. I'll yoink this, thank you very much!

- INTJ -
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 June 09, 15:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spot some store items in there from Through the Looking Glass, Haute Hip, Animals Abound, and Future Shock.  Do you use .packages or decrapped s3packs?

It looks really, really good, and I can't wait to use it in game (after hiring an exterminator to deal with the woozel infestation, of course).

It does look very good indeed. I spotted store items as well but since I own the entire store thanks to MATYian donors I was referring to third party content. I use decrapped files and I believe Witch does as well so if I decrapify the lot before installing it all items ought to show up in my game.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 June 09, 15:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IS THIS HOUSE ECO-FRIENDLY?  I DON'T WANT TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING OFFENSIVE TO HIPPIES.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 June 09, 17:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The decoration is stunning, cannot resist grabbing it.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 June 09, 18:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's official: witch only builds houses to brag. Hmph.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 June 09, 20:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe. Many thanks for the words of appreciation. It took around 30-40 hours to make, so it's nice to find that other people like it too.

There is no CC except from the store stuff - as far as I'm aware. Since Moryrie stopped doing the bulk packages I have gone back to decrapped sims3packs. This is a new install of the sims on my new PC, so all content has been only recently added.

THIS HOUSE IS NOT ECO-FRIENDLY. THIS HOUSE IS PACKED TO THE RAFTERS (WHICH IT HASN'T GOT) WITH HIGH-TECH ENERGY-CONSUMING STUFF HIDDEN IN ALL THE WALLS. IT HAS HEAT PUMPS AND DE-HUMIDIFIERS UP THE WAZOO. IT'S INTERNETZ ARE RUNNING OVER THE POWER LINES AND IT CAN BROADCAST TO AROUND 300 METRES. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW, JEZZER?

Ting, the colour combos aren't entirely my own, I downloaded heaps of photos from the net and used a little colour picker app to steal the colours off the images.  Grin

Excuse me now, I must go and have a word with the Woozel.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 June 10, 03:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use .packages or decrapped s3packs?
I use both. I've searched and haven't been able to figure out what I need to do to make the store content (which is all arr'ed) show up in this lot. I've downloaded this lot, tried decrapping and not decrapping when I install through the launcher. Neither version shows up with the correct objects. P&L, but, please tell me what step I am missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 June 10, 09:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know. Sad

Do you have ALL the store content? Is any of the content showing? Can you figure out a common denominator for the stuff which does show? Is your decrapper the latest version?

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 June 10, 13:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome House, but i miss the Sofa(converted TS2?) in the Masterbedroom and the Pattern on the Singlebeds(looks Custom). I had to find the stuff in my game because i use merged Packages and everything was replaced by Basestuff.

Witch would it be possible to tell me what items should be where the red rings are in my picture?

« Last Edit: 2012 June 10, 17:07:06 by Havelock » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 June 10, 14:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, sorry Havelock. I will have a look in game tomorrow and see what those things are and if I can share. I really didn't think I had extra cc.

beansontoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 June 10, 18:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sofa in the master bedroom is from the Neverending Honeymoon set- which was a treasure hunt item and indeed a Bon Voyage conversion.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15100.msg587746.html#msg587746
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 June 11, 03:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, thanks. So now I just have to track down the pattern.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 June 11, 06:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know. Sad

Do you have ALL the store content? Is any of the content showing? Can you figure out a common denominator for the stuff which does show? Is your decrapper the latest version?

I have everything from the store. I've tried every way that I can think of to install the lot and get the content to show up. It might be because I have a messy way of using the launcher for some items and packages for others. I'm still going to enjoy it. I've always been a big fan of your lots. Baaaaaaaa!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 June 11, 08:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

India inspired living, Arga jars

Haute Hacienda gecko
Mid-Century modern toothbrush holder

Mystic butterflies - no idea where from

Met the Monkey

Fish and mirror, did these first and didn't write the names down. Colour #9b9c81

The bedding pattern is from Sionelle at Mod The Sims
http://socialsims.net/finds/african-pattern-pack-include-9-patterns-by-sionelle-at-mod-the-sims/
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=469303
I see she's done some smaller versions of the patterns as well, maybe that would suit the bedding better.

If you wouldn't mind, it would be great to have your version for download, maybe people who use packages would be able to use it? I'd be happy to take more pics and give more info if that's something you wanted to do.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 11, 08:15:08 by witch » Logged

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 June 11, 10:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you wouldn't mind, it would be great to have your version for download, maybe people who use packages would be able to use it? I'd be happy to take more pics and give more info if that's something you wanted to do.

I would have asked if i could share the redone one here. I would need more info on several items which got replaced.

Dining Area Chairs: Pattern, Colors

Tikibookcase: Pattern, Colors

Masterbedroom:
Bed: Sheet Colors, For the Headboard pattern i have used the same as the wall behind and colored it like the endtable is this correct.
Loveseat: Pattern, Colors
Blind on Door:Pattern, Colors

Masterbathroom:
Sink:Pattern, Colors
Mirror:Pattern,Color

Kidsbathroom:
Sink:Picture, Colors
Towel? I see the towelring from basegame. Default color.

Kidsplayroom: Toy Xylophon the Cat one? The base one is there.

Garagebathroom: Towel? The Base Towelbar is there default color.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 11, 10:08:42 by Havelock » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 June 11, 11:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to your lot I realized I never installed the muse luxury set, talk about EA confusing me at that time by releasing a greek lot containing a greek set and releasing yet another greek set at the same time. I remember I had to install the lot like 4 times to make it work correctly and... forgot that damn set! Oh well.
I found the mystic butterflies deco in the Faire Folk Den set http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:20382
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 June 11, 11:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet, thanks. I will look that stuff up tomorrow. It's bedtime now and I have an early date with Sarumon in the Tower of Orthanc, so probably close to 24 hours before I'll post the data.

Cheers Painkiller.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 June 12, 12:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dining Area Chairs: Pattern, Colors
I don't know how to tell what the pattern is. It's under plastics and rubber. Seat #99869c. Frame #2a2d2f.

Colour 1 = #d5c9b6, colours 2,3,4 = #2b2c2f
The engraved pattern was already there. It's a very flat plain wood, hardly any grain.

Masterbedroom:
Bed: Sheet Colors, For the Headboard pattern i have used the same as the wall behind and colored it like the endtable is this correct.
Headboard #af998c. End tables the same except on the top which is #f41e4. Sheets #9ecba7. Wall section #9dcba5. Wall decoration #eccb99.

Loveseat: Pattern, Colors

Blind on Door:Pattern, Colors
Same as end table wood. Main #af998c. Contrast stripes #eccb9a.

Masterbathroom:
Sink:Pattern, Colors
Sink #ecf0e8. Taps #545454.

Paint pattern - don't think i changed it from default - #f4f1e3.

Kidsbathroom:
Sink:Picture, Colors

Towel? I see the towelring from basegame. Default color.
Blue #3c73af. Metal #bec1bd. 3rd colour #dedfe9.

Kidsplayroom: Toy Xylophon the Cat one? The base one is there.
Yes, cat xylophone.

Garagebathroom: Towel? The Base Towelbar is there default color.

That's pretty rough, but may give you an idea.

Let me know if the light colours came through, or do they get lost too?

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 June 12, 13:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cat xylophone is from the Kids Rock Set, a simpoints bundle.
http://simsvip.com/?p=571
« Last Edit: 2012 June 12, 15:27:12 by Painkiller » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 June 12, 14:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Colour 1 = #d5c9b6, colours 2,3,4 = #2b2c2f
The engraved pattern was already there. It's a very flat plain wood, hardly any grain. ( If i use your Pictures as reference the light Pattern looks like you used the same as on top of the Dining Table)

Masterbedroom:
End tables the same except on the top which is #f41e4. (#f41e4 gives a dark Blue. Endtable where not replaced and had the colors you had applied) Sheets #9ecba7 (The pattern you used has tree colors).

Paint pattern (Is a Wood, same as Default on Tikki Bookcase) - don't think i changed it from default - #f4f1e3.

Kidsbathroom:
Towel? I see the towelring from basegame. Default color. (The black Metal grey Towel Ring from basegame Is visible in my red ring Picture above. The Towel by the Bathtub got not replaced its the one by the Sink.) Blue #3c73af. Metal #bec1bd. 3rd colour #dedfe9.

Garagebathroom: Towel? The Base Towelbar is there default color. ( The black Metal red and grey towels Bar from Basegame was there, the one you used recolored in Masterbathroom. I guessed you used the Futureshock Loft- Moisture Minimization Station. Which uses the pattern you described)

That's pretty rough, but may give you an idea. (Thx Helped)

Let me know if the light colours came through, or do they get lost too? (Pattern where not affected exept the african you provided a link for.
Objects you had as decrapped versions got replaced by Basegame objects and reverted to default colors.
For most of them your Pictures are good as references but some items are not visible in any of them so i had to ask what you used.)

Some pics how it looked before i tried to restore everything.

« Last Edit: 2012 June 12, 16:02:41 by Havelock » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 June 12, 19:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crikey, you need to get yourself a Sherlock Holmes hat, that's awesome.

I will check out sheets and other things later. Sorry, miscommunication, the cover of the bed I would call a 'duvet' or 'eiderdown'. The sheets are the bit by the pillows.  Grin

I will double-check colours and hopefully make a map of the lights, they really are the most fun part of the house and make it most like a real one. Give me a day or two.

Edit to add:

End table top in main bedroom: #af998c (Dunno what happened there!)

Double bed:

Lighting colours. Unfortunately there is no way of seeing what brightness the light is set at. Mostly the coloured ones are dim, but not all. I left the pics full size to make them easier to read.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/poofs/Woozelbury_Mews/downstairs.jpg
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/poofs/Woozelbury_Mews/upstairs.jpg

There is an extra light hanging in mid-air near the wall in the garage bathroom, it should not be there. There should be just one central light in the room.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 13, 04:48:57 by witch » Logged

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 June 13, 14:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finaly Woozelbury Mews for Regular or Merged Packages. (Witch add the downloadlink to the first post if you like)

Download

You would need the pattern for the Teen Beds its called sionelle_africa_3

The bedding pattern is from Sionelle at Mod The Sims
http://socialsims.net/finds/african-pattern-pack-include-9-patterns-by-sionelle-at-mod-the-sims/
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=469303
I see she's done some smaller versions of the patterns as well, maybe that would suit the bedding better.

The only item i could not replace is this towelring pictured. Witch has me not told what to place here.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 13, 14:31:01 by Havelock » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: