More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:52:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Fixing Beds That Are Still Snafu After Pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fixing Beds That Are Still Snafu After Pets  (Read 5417 times)
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Fixing Beds That Are Still Snafu After Pets
« on: 2012 June 02, 11:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone done this manually? I have beds that the original creators have never bothered to fix .... still. I am stuck changing the RSLT. I have tried using the tool by Delphy and am getting errors no matter what I try. I have tried with and without the punctuation, with and without the X, Y, Z, etc. What am I missing? All help will be appreciated.  I do not mesh so this is new territory to me.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Fixing Beds That Are Still Snafu After Pets
« Reply #1 on: 2012 June 02, 12:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what tool you're referring to, but I've just followed the steps here in the past and they work fine afterwards.

I sing along with elevator music.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 June 02, 13:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know that tool either. Beds have to be fixed manually and tubs have to be recloned IIRC. Like Sigmund I too repaired all my CC beds at that time using that tute and it works flawlessly. Sure the first bed I did was a big Huh? moment but it's in fact really easy.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 June 02, 14:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the replies. As I have never done anything like this I just did some checking of the settings I have in s3pe trying to figure out how you were editing RSLTs and I was having no luck. I did not have a text editor enabled so I connected to Notepad and was able to open an RSLT. I have been up all night so am too tired to play with it now, but will see what I can do tomorrow.

That is the tute I am using. The first bed I looked at only needed steps 1 and 2, but the ones I am working on now need the additional containers.

-----

Edit: I could not resist doing a bit more. In s3pe I can open the RSLT section I need to amend with the text editor and amend the text to add the 2 more containers, but how in the heck do I amend it in s3pe in the resource file to have the changes stick? When I save it just saves the notepad text doc. I have tried to export the resource and open to amend and that does not work. So it must not be an export and change and then import replacement. How do we actually edit an RSLT?

« Last Edit: 2012 June 02, 15:36:35 by daisylee » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 June 02, 16:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fiddling a bit, I think i know where you DERPed. It's not the correct RSLT entry you're trying to edit: once you finished editing the TGI block in the VPXY value, "save" until you're back on the S3PE main screen with all the columns, that's where the RSLT is in fact editable. Just like the VPXY, you edit the RSLT on the same level, by searching it in the left column, using the "Tag"column. I think in the TGI block you can only view it, not edit it. It's not easy to explain. Will you need a pic or it's ok?
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 June 02, 16:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the VPXY I have the edit option and was able to make the changes there from the TGI. For the RSLT I do not have an edit option. I have text and hex editor options. When I choose text it does not take me to the right area. I have an option to edit an OBJK and STBL also and maybe some others, but none for the RSLT resource. Is there a plugin or something that I am missing?

I may need a pic, as am not finding anything yet.

Edit: I am looking at the settings and it shows under helpers editors for OBJK, STBL, and VPXY only.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 02, 16:46:35 by daisylee » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 June 02, 17:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Short version: You have to click on the grid button to edit the RSLT.

Long version if needed:
Okay, do exactly that:
* open the package with S3PE
* on the bottom of your screen make sure the tags option is on: that turns on the tag column.
* find the RSLT in the tag column
* highlight it: it means click on it once. The line will turn blue.
* Click on the Grid button that is on the bottom of the screen. The data grid sub page appears.
* in it click on the plus sign at the left of ChunkEntries
* click on the new plus sign that appeared on the line under it
* click on the plus sign on the left of RCOLBlock
I think you got it now
* click on the plus sign on the left of Containers, here's where the resources have to be added (most of the beds I did already had at least one correct entry)

I hope I'm not mistaking. I'm uploading a crappy pic I made, wait a sec'.
Edit: http://i48.tinypic.com/keur2a.jpg
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 June 02, 17:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am with you all the way to seeing the 4 containers that this particular bed has in the data grid. I can open and edit them it looks like. How do I add 2 more containers to include the new ones I need?

I really appreciate your help on this. I think we are getting there.

Edit: Just for the heck of it I looked at the package in TSW and managed to duplicate a container there 2 times to add 2 more. Went back to s3pe and there are now the 2 more which will need editing. There should be a way to add containers in s3pe though I would think.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 02, 18:08:24 by daisylee » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 June 02, 18:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the delay, I was trying to remember the trick. Cheesy
Click on the small square with the 3 dots, that's where you can add the resources. Uploading another crappy pic, hold on a sec'.
Edit: http://i47.tinypic.com/28vucfr.jpg
Then you will have to enter all the values manually, one by one.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2r6zl1j.jpg
Ok?

Edit: Glad it worked!
« Last Edit: 2012 June 04, 11:52:09 by Painkiller » Logged
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 June 02, 18:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found it!!!! I added 2 containers. Am way to tired to keep working on this now. I think that now I just may be able to do this. I will get some ZZZs and then go for it again.

Thank you! Shall keep you posted.

+++++++++++++++

Edit June 3 - Yay! I was able to fix 2 beds so can do it now. I only have about a dozen more to do now. Thank you so very much for all the help.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2012 June 04, 01:36:37 by daisylee » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: