More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:30:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Money Order- Send Money To Other Sims
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Money Order- Send Money To Other Sims  (Read 83916 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Money Order- Send Money To Other Sims
« on: 2005 July 30, 14:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated: Amount menu now a dynamic menu that goes indefinitely upwards as long as your family has that much money, so you can send ludicrous chunks of money with much less clicking if for some reason you want to send out money in $5M chunks (you cheater, you!). File made generally smaller and more compact by stripping unnecesary garbage. Now works for both pre- and post- Uni games.

moneyorder.zip

RECOMMENDED:
No 20K Handouts!

RTFM:
Money Order (v2.1b) for TS2 v1.0 & TS2U v1.0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Quaxi, for writing SimPE

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Do you has: The courage, the determination, and the five bucks?
Buy this item in Misc/Misc and send money to your Sim's friends and family!
In pre-Uni games, this object also serves as the controller for the receipt of
money, so the receiving Sim must live on a lot with one present, although it
does not need to be used. Buy an extra and bury it someplace out of sight and
you can send and receive all the money you want (NOT needed in Uni+).
Or at least have. Yours for only one half of ten bucks.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. No global overrides. Tested for TS2U v1.0.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

CHANGES:
v2.1: Merged "Old" with "New". Made amount menu dynamic for people who want to
      pass out ridiculous sums of money from their cheated and bugged families.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 15, 09:55:40 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Money Order- Send Money To Other Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 03, 00:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! I love the money order. It makes lots of fun story scenarios possible when you play a number of households in a neighbourhood. One of my favourites is having a romance sim who lives alone, and has very generous "visitors".

MsCreativeMind
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 16, 22:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to download the hack but it's says that it was not found on this server.  Sad
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 17, 07:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to download the hack but it's says that it was not found on this server.  Sad

Following my hunch I checked your profile, and as expected you are with AOL.   That organisation is in the habit of slurping the sites their users visit and keeping them cached on their own servers to reduce bandwidth.  That means AOL users have to wait perhaps a day or so before the latest updated to websites are available to them.  If being up to date is important to you, change ISPs.   I frequently get this complaint from my users and in every single case they are AOL customers.  I have sat and watched a live log as the AOL bots swept through it downloading every single page and jpg each day.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 02, 03:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Way back when I was on dial-up, I tried AOL once on a free disc and took it out long before my free month was up, preferring to go back to paying.  Absolutely horrendous thing.  What's with that browser window stuck in your task bar all the time and those buddies it keeps trying to force you to have?  Worst thing I've ever come across in my life, it's absolutely awful.  Just had to have that little moan.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 05, 16:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question on the money order??  Can you send money to someone in the family bin?  It would help so you don't have to move them into two houses.  Would they have to have a money order in there inventory if it can be done at all??  I was wondering because I'm about to graduate a bunch of Uni's and I want their families to help them buy their first houses.  Lucky sims they even got a brand new car for their high school graduation. 
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 05, 22:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works for Simbinned families and across subhoods.
Your other questions are all answered in the first post.
porkypine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 17, 17:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kewl!  This is a way to send money to certain families in OFB.  When there are siblings in the same neighborhood, the FamilyFunds {lastname} +[amount]  doesn't work unless you move the family to the bin.   In OFB, moving them off their house lot kills their business and relationships!

I'll try this.   Grin

Do I use cheats?!! Of course I do... After all, it's a fantasy simluation game.. I sure ain't rich... so my sims oughta be...   Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 18, 09:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a cheat, however. You lose the money you send. Sorry. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
porkypine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 24, 21:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weeeellllll...technically true,    Roll Eyes  buuuuttt...  Since the sending family has a cash making goddess in thrall.... It really is kinda like cheating...    Wink

In a roundabout way it is because the sending family can just generate some more simoleons....  It solves a problem I made for myself.

I made a mistake of giving a family a double last name - "Monster Slayer".  I can't use the familyFunds cheat on them because it won't accept their last name with a space in it.  So I had to give them a grandpa with an single last name. Grandpa fixed that householdsname problem and it worked till the kids moved out and set up their own households.  I didn't want to invent new relatives and move them in and motherlode is kinda slow when you are trying to get them to buy out the deeds for the new shopping district. :-)  The money order is handy.  "Heh.. uh... Dad...  can you front me a few hundred grand?"

I have another family with a non-hyphen hyphenated name - "Runs Behind".  For that family they have different first names, all that Runs as the middle name (unless I forget to name the new kiddies properly) and Behind as the last name.  The InSIMenator allows me to rename the first names of the married-ins.

One of these days, I'll learn how to mesh properly and upload some N8tive sims and objects.  Then you can meet the families.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 24, 22:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weeeellllll...technically true,    Roll Eyes  buuuuttt...  Since the sending family has a cash making goddess in thrall.... It really is kinda like cheating...    Wink

In a roundabout way it is because the sending family can just generate some more simoleons....  It solves a problem I made for myself.

I made a mistake of giving a family a double last name - "Monster Slayer".  I can't use the familyFunds cheat on them because it won't accept their last name with a space in it.
Try putting the name in quotes like so. That usually resolves most parse issues.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 29, 13:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM,

I noticed that using this as a controller for 'noplayableshoppers' has an unfortunate (for me) side affect -- it keeps playables from ANY community lot (not just owned businesses) if they don't have it in their inventory, or if this isn't present on the lot.  Since I use some lots (i.e., a grocery store) as social centers where I want all my sims to wander too, I went into to build mode to put it on those lots permanently.   But it doesn't show up in the community catalog.  I modified the package to make it show up there, but I figured I'd drop you a note about this so you could consider modifying the official version to make it show up in in the community catalog.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 29, 13:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that using this as a controller for 'noplayableshoppers' has an unfortunate (for me) side affect -- it keeps playables from ANY community lot (not just owned businesses) if they don't have it in their inventory, or if this isn't present on the lot.  Since I use some lots (i.e., a grocery store) as social centers where I want all my sims to wander too, I went into to build mode to put it on those lots permanently.
Strange. No Playable Shoppers should only affect things if the business is open, which cannot happen without a business. Are you sure it's not just coincidence?

But it doesn't show up in the community catalog.  I modified the package to make it show up there, but I figured I'd drop you a note about this so you could consider modifying the official version to make it show up in in the community catalog.
Noted. The present method I use is simply to have the shop owner bring it in his inventory. But I can definitely enable it.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 29, 15:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that using this as a controller for 'noplayableshoppers' has an unfortunate (for me) side affect -- it keeps playables from ANY community lot (not just owned businesses) if they don't have it in their inventory, or if this isn't present on the lot.  Since I use some lots (i.e., a grocery store) as social centers where I want all my sims to wander too, I went into to build mode to put it on those lots permanently.
Strange. No Playable Shoppers should only affect things if the business is open, which cannot happen without a business. Are you sure it's not just coincidence?

I purposely checked by sending a sim to a 'Fastmart' I made for my game (sort of a 7-Eleven all purpose store) a couple of times, and the only other sims who showed up were townies or those I know have the MO in their inventory. It was pretty consistent.  Soon as I put the MO on the lot and went back there, and the first time I was there sims who didn't have an MO started showing up. So it may have been a coincidence, but it doesn't feel like it. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 29, 15:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An interesting mystery, then. I went through the code and cleaned it up a bit, although not actually changing, but the logic appears to be quite clear: The business has to be open for this to have an effect...if it's not open, I.E., isn't an owned lot, nothing happens and the entire check for visitability is skipped. I'll keep an eye out, but maybe something is wrong with some other part of the game. Or your lot is buggered. It could be anything.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 29, 23:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, it could be anything, I guess.  I'll keep an eye out too on some other community lots that don't have one of these on them, and see if I can see a pattern.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 01, 05:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the server malfunctioned (read: Josh broke it), some of the links in the threads are broken.  So, you have to go directly to the source directory for them:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/hacks/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 01, 05:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link fixed.

ambelgra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 October 06, 15:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd hate to revive this thread but I used the Money Order hack to send much needed funds to my Uni sims. And no money has shown up in their reserves. Does the money order have to be on the Uni lot BEFORE its sent? Because the money was definately taken from the Pleasantview/Parents' lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 October 07, 02:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure nothing showed up? It works for me.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: