More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:09:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Are NPCs supposed to go on unsupervised dates?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Are NPCs supposed to go on unsupervised dates?  (Read 7175 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Are NPCs supposed to go on unsupervised dates?
« on: 2012 May 28, 18:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My NPCs, including iconic hobbyists, townies, vacation locals, and even a burglar, have been sneaking behind my back and going on dates. The burglar, for example, managed to sneak out on a date with an iconic hobbyist the day after burglarizing my playable sim's house. The burglar's memories are Lost Fight (to cop), First Date with Mandy (the hobbyist), and Had Bad Date with Mandy. Mandy seems to be pretty popular, because she's been on dates with a few other NPCs.

I don't have any autonomous romance mods.

Are they supposed to be doing this? I'm having a vision of loading one of my playable families and finding their relationships trashed.

Fail.
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
Re: Are NPCs supposed to go on unsupervised dates?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 May 29, 00:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds bad. Of course, years of playing this game have made me very trigger-happy  Cheesy so I can't say for sure it's a BFBVFS. Did you try taking out all hacks? Do you have any other tomfoolery?

ENFP. God help you all.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 May 29, 01:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a pretty new neighborhood (Gen 1 of my playables), and nothing else seems to be wrong with it. I only noticed this issue while giving some townies makeovers.

Taking out hacks would be a good step, but I have no idea how long I would need to run the neighborhood to see if the problem does or doesn't happen. I've been playing for about three months and only a few of these autonomous dates have happened. Anyway, it seems like a hack that would cause this sort of behavior would have to be either modding dating, romance, or memories. I already checked for that, and don't have anything non-awesome.

Because the memories are so perfect (in the correct order, nothing else out of the ordinary about them), my first thought was that EAxis added this as a "feature" (like a replacement for Mystery Sims memories) in FT or AL and I just didn't notice until now.

Fail.
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2012 May 29, 01:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you make this neighborhood yourself? You avoided all the verbotten stuff like DAC w/o a cleanup of SWAFs, lotbinning, dicking around with untouchable NPCs? The only thing I can think of is run the Neighborhood Corruption Detector (available at MTS2) and see if it says anything worth note.

ENFP. God help you all.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 May 29, 02:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you make this neighborhood yourself? You avoided all the verbotten stuff like DAC w/o a cleanup of SWAFs, lotbinning, dicking around with untouchable NPCs? The only thing I can think of is run the Neighborhood Corruption Detector (available at MTS2) and see if it says anything worth note.

Since Sara is the original creator of the clean templates, I would bet not. I have my game open now. I'll summon a few NPCs and have a look.

EDIT: This tells you exactly nothing, but I was curious. I summoned all of my Hobby leaders and no one had memories they shouldn't.
« Last Edit: 2012 May 29, 02:22:20 by reggikko » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 May 29, 06:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't think of anything that would cause that to happen. Is this a regular occurrence? It's definitely POSSIBLE for NPCs go on dates, but since they have no idea how to carry them out, the date will tend to be, naturally, a bad one, since the sims involved will spend their time doing random, undirected actions and not actually driving up the date score in any way.

Also, a rampaging robot will probably electrocute half of them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 May 29, 07:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't think of anything that would cause that to happen. Is this a regular occurrence? It's definitely POSSIBLE for NPCs go on dates, but since they have no idea how to carry them out, the date will tend to be, naturally, a bad one, since the sims involved will spend their time doing random, undirected actions and not actually driving up the date score in any way.

I have six sims total that I know of, in a neighborhood of about 250 sims.

Here are two examples:

Burglar and Mandy the Hobbyist had a bad date and both got memories of it.
Townie and Mandy the Hobbyist had a bad date and only the townie has a memory of it.

They're not actually going on the dates, though. It's not like I had a community lot loaded and these NPCs were there on dates. They just have memories of having gone on dates. There's no way they actually went on a real date, since I would have seen them do it. I hadn't even taken my playable sim anywhere after the burglary, and yet the burglar clearly went on his date after burglarizing my sim (the memory of the date comes after losing a fight to the cop).

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: