More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:20:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  flagrant system error every 15 game minutes, no sims selected when traveling
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: flagrant system error every 15 game minutes, no sims selected when traveling  (Read 6794 times)
thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
flagrant system error every 15 game minutes, no sims selected when traveling
« on: 2012 May 27, 00:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game is version 1.33, with a recent awesomemod (< one week old) installed, and no other mods installed.

The game seems to be working normally, until I attempt to travel (I have travelled successfully in the past), but when the foreign map finally loads, there is a flagrant sims error that occurs every 15 game minutes, and my sims don't show up so there are no portraits in the left side of the window. Has this happened to anyone before? Does anybody know what the problem is?

* sims error1.txt (285.48 KB, 1500x1107 - viewed 1357 times.)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: flagrant system error every 15 game minutes, no sims selected when traveling
« Reply #1 on: 2012 May 27, 04:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you attempting to travel with any quest relics in your inventory?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: flagrant system error every 15 game minutes, no sims selected when traveling
« Reply #2 on: 2012 May 27, 05:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will fix this in the next update, but honestly, this is more of a symptom than the problem: There should never be a situation in which the game is actively running the clock yet there isn't an active household, and the fact that your travel didn't load a household correctly is a symptom of a bigger, not-AwesomeMod-related problem, which in turn triggering a cascade error condition because a basic condition of the game has been violated. So, this update will stop this particular error, but your game is probably still going to break because whatever is causing this basic state violation is still there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 May 28, 02:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will fix this in the next update, but honestly, this is more of a symptom than the problem: There should never be a situation in which the game is actively running the clock yet there isn't an active household, and the fact that your travel didn't load a household correctly is a symptom of a bigger, not-AwesomeMod-related problem, which in turn triggering a cascade error condition because a basic condition of the game has been violated. So, this update will stop this particular error, but your game is probably still going to break because whatever is causing this basic state violation is still there.

I was able to find a previous save that was not too long ago where this does not happen, thankfully. I am assuming that this would not be easy to fix, or even fixable...

The only thing that I did which I think that could have been a contributor to the problem would have been editing an existing dog in CAS by using shift-click? That is pretty much the only time I've used it. It is strange that it would glitch travel since dogs don't travel.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 July 11, 20:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the lack of an active household issue when I had a Sim return from Egypt the last time I played two days ago. I never got any errors pop up but then I'm not sure I have the option turned on to be able to see those anyway.
There was no UI but time was still running. My cursor was reacting as though I was in Map View trying to select a house to play.
I'm just about to update AM and will try traveling again some time soon.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: