More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 04:48:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is exact population control possible with Twallan SP?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is exact population control possible with Twallan SP?  (Read 8170 times)
Viewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is exact population control possible with Twallan SP?
« on: 2012 April 29, 22:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, folks.

I only have Awesomemod and NRaas/Twallan's mods running, and I see a number of other people are having lag issues, so at least I'm in good company.

AwesomeStory has its configurable population limit via console, but if there's something similar - via the city hall/NRaas menu, I can't find it - and going through all those lists tends to make my eyes glaze over.

I'm not making much headway with Google my search engine of choice, either.

It's definitely a population issue - Total Annihilation causes my game to go from lagging every few seconds to running continually for several Sim hours - and I am using the 3booter/FPS limiter combination, as well.

Any advice, internet?

Edit: Looks like it's City Hall->NRaas->Story Progression->General Options->Options: Sims->Maximum Residents. Guess that's that.
« Last Edit: 2012 April 30, 00:16:14 by Viewer » Logged
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Is exact population control possible with Twallan SP?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 April 30, 02:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to ask this: why the HELL would you ask about NRaas mods here? This is MORE AWESOME THAN YOU, not Twallan's shitty wiki. STFU, GTFO, and DIAF, n00b.

INF/TP
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 April 30, 03:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to ask this: why the HELL would you ask about NRaas mods here? This is MORE AWESOME THAN YOU, not Twallan's shitty wiki. STFU, GTFO, and DIAF, n00b.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that really dislikes his twenty-something mods. Just say "NO!" to having thirty pie menu options!

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 April 30, 03:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I'm not the only one that really dislikes his twenty-something mods. Just say "NO!" to having thirty pie menu options!
I use a few of them, but only because there's nothing else out there that performs the same functions.

INF/TP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 May 23, 18:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallanian mods do not perform effective population control because they can't really do anything about EAxis Systems that endlessly spawn sims. Honestly, it's pretty hard to rigidly control population: The game REALLY wants to be able to arbitrarily shit out sims at whim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: