More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:33:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Can't make AwesomeMod work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't make AwesomeMod work  (Read 7013 times)
earthboyjacobus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't make AwesomeMod work
« on: 2012 June 11, 23:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled sims3 today after not playing it for like 2 years. I'm using the same computer, and I downloaded all of the recent patches so that it's up to date. I was pleasantly surprised to find installing mods had been made much more simple while I'd been away, and easily put in a bunch of the ones I used to use. The only one I can't make work is AwseomeMod. All the extra sliders and stuff I put into the mods folder work just fine, and there are no other core mods to conflict with it, but when I saw that my sims in the CAS were making that dumb smile and that the slider ranges had not been increased I realized AwesomeMod wasn't doing anything. I reconfigured, downloaded and installed it again, even tried it without any other packages in the folder, but it still isn't working.

I'm out of ideas. Help?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can't make AwesomeMod work
« Reply #1 on: 2012 June 12, 00:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Framework Fail.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
earthboyjacobus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 June 12, 02:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using a Mac, the Mods folder is in the Sims3 folder, with Overrides, Packages and Resource.cfg inside, and Awesomemod in packages. I had been under the impression the d3dx9_31.dll file was no longer necessary, but after trying everything else, put Game/Bin/d3dx9_31.dll in the sims3 folder. That didn't work. I did it the old way by opening the package contents from the Sims3 application, went all the way through to Game/bin and put d3dx9_31.dll in there. That didn't work. I realize you deal with a lot of technologically ignorant people but can you tell me what I'm doing wrong based on this information?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 June 12, 03:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ach, try putting the .dll file in every game/bin folder - each SP and EP has one.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 June 12, 12:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to Mod the Sims and read their information on patching the Sims 3. Read all of it. Make sure you are fully and correctly patched. While there find their instructions on how to install packages in the Sims 3 and read it. Read all of it. Make sure -- actually check, don't just assume (like Felix Unger) -- that you've done everything correctly. Then install AM, and only AM, (making sure to delete the scriptCache.package) and start a new EA neighborhood.

In other words, PEBKAC.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: