More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:30:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I done fucked up.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I done fucked up.  (Read 4160 times)
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
I done fucked up.
« on: 2012 April 28, 16:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to do the uninstall/reinstall dance for reasons pertaining to a bad framework setup I was only recently aware of.

So about 4 hours into it, I'm exhausted & I accidentally gave the ok for EA to install origin on the lappy. I uninstalled it without any problem, however, I am unable to either install OR uninstall the stuff pack that I was installing at the time of this stuff-up. Despite having apparently successfully uninstalled it on several occassions, it seems to return from the bowels of my lappy to infuriate me.

The stuff pack (master suite stuff) was an impulse buy I have rapidly come to regret.

Is there any way to extract myself from this problem without an expensive visit to the nice people who sold me my lappy to return it to factory settings?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: I done fucked up.
« Reply #1 on: 2012 April 28, 17:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try rummaging through the registry to nuke anything pertaining to the offending malfunctioning stuffpack. Maybe it will end up in a state that it recognizes nonexistence and lets you reinstall. But honestly, if you're talking about "returning to factory settings", you've already screwed up. Any new computer should always be wiped clean before use, not used as "factory spyware-infested settings". With lappies, you may even have to wipe the entire BIOS, because they install some Compujack tracer that lets them track anywhere your computer goes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 April 28, 18:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a step by step manual uninstall on EA's website, it's mostly registry clean up stuff. It's worked for me in the past.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 April 28, 19:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With lappies, you may even have to wipe the entire BIOS, because they install some Compujack tracer that lets them track anywhere your computer goes.

Now that's interesting. I will investigate. If you just flash the bios as part of normal maintenance, does this get rid of the tracer?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2012 April 29, 00:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The advice was useful. After much digging around in the bowels of the registry, I was able to eliminate the problem. Insert appreciative bleating.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 April 29, 06:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With lappies, you may even have to wipe the entire BIOS, because they install some Compujack tracer that lets them track anywhere your computer goes.
http://www.freakyacres.com/remove_computrace_lojack

Make sure whatever Lappy you're getting isn't infested with this particularly insidious malware.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: