More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 17:29:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Using Dropbox for arred pudding
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Using Dropbox for arred pudding  (Read 6763 times)
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
Using Dropbox for arred pudding
« on: 2012 April 09, 16:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, if you aren't using Dropbox, you should.

Someone could create a shared Dropbox folder and put all the arred TS3 store files into there. Then whoever wants access to the folder could simply request it from the owner. All content in that folder will be automagicaly synced with all members.
It is truly the perfect file distribution method.

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
Re: Using Dropbox for arred pudding
« Reply #1 on: 2012 April 09, 19:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, if you aren't using Dropbox, you should.

Someone could create a shared Dropbox folder and put all the arred TS3 store files into there. Then whoever wants access to the folder could simply request it from the owner. All content in that folder will be automagicaly synced with all members.
It is truly the perfect file distribution method.

spamspamspamspamspam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE If this isn't spam, then I vote YOU do it.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2012 April 10, 03:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downside, who the fuck wants to deal with 1000+ people wanting access? And there would be the whole requesting access/sharing email addresses thing. No thank you. I like my mediafire account. One click and I can nuke all my uploads and walk away.

dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 April 10, 15:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ok, how about putting the files in the "public" Dropbox folder. That way, you wouldn't have to deal with the access/requesting crap.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 April 10, 16:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could, but I'm not sure how it would be better than any other filehosting service. I use Dropbox to sync my ebook library across multiple devices, and I think it's mostly targeted at individuals, not groups. At the very least, everybody would need to have the account's password to upload stuff to it, which would be a serious pain. Picture some enterprising fellow accidentally/intentionally deleting everything. We'd be SOL, especially since I'd expect Dropbox reserves the right to delete content if they deem it illegal. You'd be back in the same place again, needing lots of mirrors on various filehosting sites.

I sing along with elevator music.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 April 11, 00:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone could create a shared Dropbox folder and put all the arred TS3 store files into there.
Well, since you so kindly volunteered, get on that. Chop-chop!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: