More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:33:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Harvestman House (Victorian Gothic Farmhouse, a Residential Lot)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Harvestman House (Victorian Gothic Farmhouse, a Residential Lot)  (Read 10117 times)
pyry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Harvestman House (Victorian Gothic Farmhouse, a Residential Lot)
« on: 2012 June 12, 10:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another lot I built for my sims. This one is a Victorian Gothic farmhouse, rather grim looking at least on the outside. It was made for a world I use the most these days, called Grey Meadow by Quailhogs . (The world can be found at the official Sims 3 Exhange.)

The house has three living floors with four bedrooms and three bathrooms (enough beds for five sims and a baby). There is also a barn with room for a horse, a garden and nectar cellar and a small pond with some fish in it. So it's as close to a working farmhouse as you can get in this game.

Lot size: 30 x 40.
Price furnished: § 188 809

Built with the latest patch (1.34).

I've used tons of store content I have arred from here as .package files. Other cc required:
Custom chimneys by armiel at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/d/432817
A Traditional piano by armiel at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=460006

Here are the download links:
http://kirsi.lamantiini.com/Lots/Harvestman House/HarvestmanHousePack.rar (a .package file that goes into the Library folder)
http://kirsi.lamantiini.com/Lots/Harvestman House/Harvestman House.rar (a regular simpack version)

And now some pictures:

Thanks for taking a look!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Harvestman House (Victorian Gothic Farmhouse, a Residential Lot)
« Reply #1 on: 2012 June 12, 11:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it, it's very atmospheric. Pity we haven't got to the CC place that sims 2 got to, with emulations of Victorian washtubs and so on. But it looks great, I can see a lot of work went into it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 June 12, 12:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice indeed.  I like the landscaping.  I'm far too lazy to do much more with landscaping than plunk down a tree or two to keep it from looking so empty.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 June 12, 16:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks awesome.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
pyry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 June 12, 18:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! I'm glad to hear it looks ok. Smiley I kind of tried to make the house fit the theme of the next expansion as well - magic and stuff. Building these detailed lots takes such a long time I don't want to do it too often.

One thing that really bugs me is that at the last minute I had to change the layout so that there is no straight access from hallway to kitchen. There was a weird thing with the stairs, the sims kept complaining how they could not use the stairs even though there was nothing blocking their access. So the only thing I could do was to change the location of the stairs to a much less logical position.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 June 12, 18:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god yes, what is it with the stairs and sims? The house I recently uploaded, I couldn't change colours on the lounge chairs, I had to remove blinds and windows upstairs, I had to run rings around, just to get things to work in the general fucking VICINITY of the stairs.

I saw the routing wasn't straight through in your lot, but at least you had a link from kitchen to lounge, so the stupid sims didn't get stuck in rooms.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 June 12, 21:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there a bug a while back where Sims couldn't use stairs if they were placed in a certain direction?  Like if your stairs were placed perpendicular to the front of the house, the sims wouldn't be able to use them, or something like that?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 June 12, 22:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beautiful house, pyry. It has a very impressive facade.

Wasn't there a bug a while back where Sims couldn't use stairs if they were placed in a certain direction?  Like if your stairs were placed perpendicular to the front of the house, the sims wouldn't be able to use them, or something like that?

You may be referring to the note on stacked stairs mentioned here.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: