More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:17:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How far, is too far?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How far, is too far?  (Read 20004 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
How far, is too far?
« on: 2012 April 05, 11:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I decided to go register my copy of Outdoor Living stuff to access simport, when an advertisement for a new upcoming Stuff pack popped up.

http://thesims.com/katyperry

It's like tutti-fruiti crapola, worst part is, it will probably still sell millions of copies.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: How far, is too far?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 April 05, 11:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also costs $10 more than the regular stuff packs.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 April 05, 14:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is such bullshit.  They really are shameless shysters.

meh.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 April 05, 16:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The damn thing sucks so much that I won't be arring it, that shit ain't approaching my hard drives in a miles. If only EA would give us something equivalent to OFB, this mess could be useful in a custom store selling ice creams or whatever. Le sigh. At least give us a register that acts like the ice cream truck, EA! And I don't mean a hovering register stalking my sims around town, FCS.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 April 05, 16:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, that stuff is cute! If I played Sims 3 I'd hella ARR that.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 April 05, 19:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like something you'd find on Parsimonious?  Tongue

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2012 April 05, 21:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of it could be cute in the right context, a kids room, a themed kids park maybe. I don't really use the theme stuff that often, except to give Sooze the Vegas Living furnishings, since she likes them so much. Even the hairs aren't that great.

I wish EA would do a Shopping pack, like ofb. I'd pay for that because it opens up so much gameplay. For $10 more than a stuff back, it better include new gameplay / animations, not just shitty cake and candy furniture.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 April 05, 22:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are candy and caek supposed to remind us of Kitteh Purry?  Shouldn't everything in the SP be shaped like boobs?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 April 05, 22:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking forward to an OFB like EP and ,most definitely a seasons one.  Sims 3 had so much promise and they just keep fucking it up by releasing sub-par EPs.  I would totally make a candy store if we had the abilities.  Oh and Jeezer they have to actually make boobs that look like boobs in game first.  Not like implants gone wrong!

meh.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 April 05, 23:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say the higher price tag is associated with this:

Rock out with your Sims to a Simlish version of Katy Perry's hit song, ‘Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.),' recorded for the game by Katy Perry.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 April 05, 23:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking forward to an OFB like EP and ,most definitely a seasons one.  Sims 3 had so much promise and they just keep fucking it up by releasing sub-par EPs.  I would totally make a candy store if we had the abilities.  Oh and Jeezer they have to actually make boobs that look like boobs in game first.  Not like implants gone wrong!
That's EA, ruining everything they get their hands on.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2012 April 06, 21:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say the higher price tag is associated with this:

Rock out with your Sims to a Simlish version of Katy Perry's hit song, ‘Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.),' recorded for the game by Katy Perry.

I'd want a rebate for having that shit in my game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 April 06, 23:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, let them have their silly promotional stunt. This isn't even a real expansion pack, it's just a shitpack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 April 10, 03:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 April 16, 01:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You made that up, right? That's not even cute. Who the hell is this Katy Perry anyway, and why do we want it in our game? At least Madonna had the decency(?) NOT to have nipples pasted onto her bra when she wore her undies on the outside of her clothes, and they were pointy and shit. Where's the imagination here?

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2012 April 16, 06:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG! Nipple flowers! I never thought I'd see them outside of a bad BD costume!

Well colour me squee-ed, if there's a Bella, an Eman or a Madam Abla (ie: some awesome to make up for the horrors of costuming) in there I think I might just change my mind about the stuff pack and get it after all.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 April 16, 15:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG! Nipple flowers!
I thought they were frosted cupcakes topped by cherries.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 April 16, 15:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of it could be cute in the right context, a kids room, a themed kids park maybe. I don't really use the theme stuff that often, except to give Sooze the Vegas Living furnishings, since she likes them so much. Even the hairs aren't that great.

I wish EA would do a Shopping pack, like ofb. I'd pay for that because it opens up so much gameplay. For $10 more than a stuff back, it better include new gameplay / animations, not just shitty cake and candy furniture.

I just noticed this! Crafty mushroom, Imma shake my fist at you!

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 April 16, 19:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG! Nipple flowers! I never thought I'd see them outside of a bad BD costume!

Well colour me squee-ed, if there's a Bella, an Eman or a Madam Abla (ie: some awesome to make up for the horrors of costuming) in there I think I might just change my mind about the stuff pack and get it after all.

Proving that creativity lies (lays?) as much with the user as the creator. Now that you mention it, I can see this used in a "Divas Las Vegas-style" drag show, or in a bawdy, Bette Midler-esque performance.  Thanks for reminding me to consider the possibilities before shaking my fist and gnashing teeth.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 April 16, 21:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, thinking this is anything other than an abomination is just admitting to profound retardation.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 April 16, 22:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my two cents on this stuff pack wanna be. When they added some KP stuff for a special edition for Showtime I didn't mind all that much. A few badly themed objects that I'm not going to pay for(ARR!!!) anyway isn't that big of a deal. But this "thing" is a complete waste of everyone's time. I may not like or want every single piece of content released in previous SPs but I Arr'd and installed them anyways, because I MUST HAVE EVERYTHING! This is probably going to be the first set or whatever you wanna call it I will not be installing since, well ever. Something themed like this is very specific and looks ridiculous as something one might use in any hood on a normal basis. I don't think of KP and think of candy, that's really not her thing except for that one video. This should have been a store set, I truly feel EA's resources should have been put to other uses on this one. They(EA) probably just couldn't afford Lady Gaga so they tried going for the next best thing.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 April 17, 06:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny I was thinking exactly the same thing that they couldn't afford Gaga so had to make due with KP.

Frosted cherry bras aside, some of this stuff could maybe work in some very specific circumstances like doing a Candyland theme, kids room or some of the brightly colored plants might even work for Lunar Lakes but it's definitely not anywhere near general use stuff and not worth $20 let alone the extra $10 that is obviously going to Katy Perry. Can't they just release the same shit at $20 and call it the Candyland Stuff Pack?

They must really think TS3 is nearing the end of its life cycle if they feel they need to do endorsements for every release now.

Of course knowing EA I am sure they are already producing TS4 which will require the Origin client and have even more social media bullshit baked in.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 April 17, 07:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of you are overlooking one important thing: The "Tutti-Frutti"-ness of an item is DIRECTLY DEPENDANT ON THE COLOR SCHEME. Most objects and uniforms in TS3 do not have an intrinsic color that you are obliged to accept. This isn't TS2. Those same items can very well come in entirely normal, non-fruity colors if you so wish it. TS3 is actually mostly in black-and-white and the color is added afterwards.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2012 April 17, 14:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still failing to see the appeal of the nassel bra.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 April 17, 14:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I just saw it's $30 for a direct download, and in all reality the Katy Perry shit should have been released with the Katy Perry Showtime edition.

meh.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: