More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:41:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  The SIms 3 Pet issues with reinstalling AwesomeMod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The SIms 3 Pet issues with reinstalling AwesomeMod  (Read 9606 times)
sametoone
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
The SIms 3 Pet issues with reinstalling AwesomeMod
« on: 2012 March 26, 18:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello everyone,

For the last few weeks I've been using AM without any issues. Since it expired and I tried to reinstall it however, I am no longer able to get The Sims 3 to run.

Using: The Sims Pets (Version 10.0.96.014001) with the latest AwesomeMod version under Windows 7.

Like described in this post by JBoat, I:

1. Have no copies of awesome.package on my computer aside from the one in my main Sims 3/Mods/Packages directory.
2. Same for aweconf.package
3. The Packages directory was empty when I unpacked the awesome.package into it.
4. I deleted the 4 cache files in the My Documents part of the Sims 3 installation.
5. Deleted worldcache files for both the Sims 3 and Pets directories (including the worldcache for the town I was playing previously)
6. The only files in Sims 3/Mods/Packages are awesome.package and aweconf.package
7. I redid the config for the aforementioned aweconf.package, of which there was no copy before I put it there.
8. The framework files are in both The Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets directories. (Although the Packages directory for Pets is empty, as those files are in Sims 3/Mods/Packages)

However despite this I cannot get the Sims with AM to work anymore. Maybe worth noting is that when I start up I get the "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3." message. When I choose 'Continue', I get stuck on the loading screen after the intro movies, with the bar simply not moving and the seeming only way out to crash the game through the task manager.

Is there anybody with a suggestion to fix this issue and get AwesomeMod to work again? If there is no other way but start with a clean installation I'll do that, but obviously I'd prefer to not lose my saved games. In this case, any suggestions what might have caused this and should be done differently would be most welcome, to prevent it from happening in the future.

Thanks in advance!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: The SIms 3 Pet issues with reinstalling AwesomeMod
« Reply #1 on: 2012 March 26, 19:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do know you've answered your own damn question, right?

*sharpens stick*

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 March 26, 22:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sheesh* It's not only an already answered question, it's a currently hot topic of conversation across the board.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 March 28, 11:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should probably just delete your packages folder and never look back. If you can't decipher a basic error warning even when you're repeating it verbatim, or figure out how to back things up in the event that you have to reinstall, you're probably better off not using mods. Seriously, for your own good.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 March 29, 18:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's giving a message about mismatched versions, then you must have mismatched versions. Did you install the now pulled patches? Any why the fuck is this it's own thread?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 March 29, 21:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it's an idiot speshul snowflake that thinks its problem is THE SPESHULEST OF ALL and thus deserving of SPESHUL ATTENSHUN.

Die in a fire, snowflake.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: