More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:05:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Animated custom hair
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Animated custom hair  (Read 14457 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Animated custom hair
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 02, 20:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the bin numbers I've noticed and the catagories I've seen them in:
0x0000000B (eyes)

Eyes?? Does this mean that if you put costume makeup in this particular bin, your sim will have no eyes? Or will it have the default eyes?

And another question - If you manually change the bin, say from eyeliner to eyeshadow, will the thumbnails for the makeup remain in the eyeliner bin or no? And is there a way to move the categories w/out opening up bodyshop?
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 02, 20:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as for your first question I don't know.  Nearly every face texture has the eyes included, so those might show.  I'll have to check that.

The bin does not move the thumbnails. I'm not sure how to do that yet. Personally, if I could get the costume makeup fringes (bangs) into the eyebrow area I'd be happy.  Here's what I have figured out: setting the hairtone line makes the file show up only when that hair color is active even if it's a costume makup.  I have black fringes/bangs in costume makeup that only show when the active sim has black hair.

There are several other values that might control where the thumbnails show but I have yet to track down which one it is.
I'll keep playing with the files until I figure it out, though.

Okay here's what happened when I assigned 0x0000000B to a costume makeup: the eyes on the sim turned to maxis default brown which is used on the face texture.  It stayed that way even after I took the costume makeup off.  I think the layer for the eyes gets "lost" and the program can't find it. Notice that sims with custom eyes that are deleted also revert to the same color even if default replacements are used. I believe this is because there is no eye texture being used on those sims. To test this I might alter one of my skins with an odd eye color, and when that color finally shows I'll know that it's because there's no eye texture above it.

I tried altering the category values and the layer values and nothing happened... so far the only things that seem to do anything by way of altering behavior of the files are the bin and the hairtone lines.
I'll keep digging...
« Last Edit: 2005 December 02, 21:24:13 by dewshine » Logged

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 03, 07:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well another way for the SimPE-o-phobic would be to go into the Body Shop, clone the old people wrinkle mask...

Yup, that's what I was going to suggest. The face masks I've made that are "layerable" are all made from the wrinkle masks. That's about the limit of my techieness.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 03, 07:51:32 by Hairfish » Logged
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 03, 09:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! Thank you for that link. I downloaded 3 beautiful hairmeshes and am now armed and dangerous enough to go on a townie make-over spree!  Shocked Cool

INTJ
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 03, 21:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a nice animated ponytail similar to that at MTS2. It has a seperate accessory bang mesh and is for all ages. I think it might be a tad fuller than that one and perhaps juat a bit shorter. (it's definately not the same one).

cute sim by the way. She has nice freckles.

No peggy sims donation meshes in my game I'm afraid.  I have her free ones though and am happy with them. I'd guess that her newer meshes are nice, but that's just a guess.

Dewshine-
Could you please tell me who was the creator for that ponytail mesh? I did a search using a few combinations of words but couldn't find it.
Somehow during my search I got distracted and dl'd a desktop full of stuff. Now I'm to tired to install any of it so I'm gonna go play The Movies for a bit first.
Thanks for the links everyone.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 03, 22:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! Thank you for that link. I downloaded 3 beautiful hairmeshes and am now armed and dangerous enough to go on a townie make-over spree!  Shocked Cool

Just a bit of warning though. The last time I d/led the Jessica Rabbit-type hair from that site, not only did it have enormous gaps, but it turned out to be about 10,000 polys. Needless to say, I chucked them all. I dunno if they've updated the meshes or anything, but I personally would go over your files in SimPE to be sure.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 03, 22:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you please tell me who was the creator for that ponytail mesh? I did a search using a few combinations of words but couldn't find it.
Somehow during my search I got distracted and dl'd a desktop full of stuff. Now I'm to tired to install any of it so I'm gonna go play The Movies for a bit first.
Thanks for the links everyone.

Here's a link for the hair: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101133 It looks gorgeous in the game, I just tried it today.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 03, 22:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah... I gave Jennifer Burb that ponytail hairstyle in my game. Haven't used the bangs though. I'm thinking of actually giving sim me that hairstyle, too, since it's forever up in a ponytail these days, and the mesh I use right has that horrible gap. Can't say my real life ponytail is that glamorous, though, lol. My real life one is a little more unkempt, more like the one sim me wears now. But I don't have a crack in my neck.  Angry
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 04, 11:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a bit of warning though. The last time I d/led the Jessica Rabbit-type hair from that site, not only did it have enormous gaps, but it turned out to be about 10,000 polys. Needless to say, I chucked them all. I dunno if they've updated the meshes or anything, but I personally would go over your files in SimPE to be sure.

Er...how would I do that? I would really like to go over all my downloads and throw out all massive poly stuff.

INTJ
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 06, 01:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second that.  I have an old video card so I can't afford high poly count.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: