More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 07:54:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Showtime & blocked stage path.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Showtime & blocked stage path.  (Read 6127 times)
Silverin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Showtime & blocked stage path.
« on: 2012 March 24, 21:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good evening,

I have a tiny bitsy problem, -not- related to AM, but I figured one of you guys could be able to help me find a solution.

I recently added the showtime "expansion pack" and made a new save in the all brighty new town. Chose the singer career and started doing performance on stage. The thing is on one venue I get the blocked path bubble when trying to set the stage. I tryed to modify the building throught buy/build mode but I got the "cant intersect object". Figured it wouldnt work but still tryed to save - erase - replace the lot : same result. Now I'm just avoiding the private venue. But it still pisses me off not to solve that.

Before I got the problem, I saw on the web some one who got the same thing on another venue, but weirdly I cant find it back. I of course did a search on the blocked path subject, but all I got was unrelated. You could say my research skills suck but I did manage to subscribe here.

Thanks in advance.

Ps : On the registration page it's vecious to refuse people and give them BRAN MUFFIN title because of their email. I had the answers right, but took some time to realise that it was coming from my email.
Anyway I'm glad I could register in the end and be part of the so called :
Quote from: some one on the web
jerk forum.

Ps2 : Sorry for my english, it's a bit rusted. Please dont flame me too much, I'm sensitive ! (dont belive the sensitive part)

Edit : My bad for the too many emots. Removing them. I really wanted to get flamed on my first post to start on the good foot, you know. *big smile* (hope that doesnt count as an emoticone.... Guess is it does but still I'm under the limit number of two emots. Cheesy Reached it.) More seriously I didnt know about the showtime post regrouping all of the problems, my apology. For the "hi and thanks" I'm going to have more troubles removing them.
By the way no offense intended. I just love your style of flaming. Big fan. Ha.

« Last Edit: 2012 March 24, 23:59:13 by Silverin » Logged

"Whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall also reap." - Guess
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Showtime & blocked stage path.
« Reply #1 on: 2012 March 24, 22:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For anyone paying attention, this is an excellent illustration of how NOT to make a first impression at MATY:

Good evening,
You don't need a greeting line.  We are not your pen pals.

I have a tiny bitsy problem, -not- related to AM, but I figured one of you guys could be able to help me find a solution.

I recently added the showtime "expansion pack" and made a new save in the all brighty new town. Chose the singer career and started doing performance on stage. The thing is on one venue I get the blocked path bubble when trying to set the stage. I tryed to modify the building throught buy/build mode but I got the "cant intersect object". Figured it wouldnt work but still tryed to save - erase - replace the lot : same result. Now I'm just avoiding the private venue. But it still pisses me off not to solve that.

Before I got the problem, I saw on the web some one who got the same thing on another venue, but weirdly I cant find it back. I of course did a search on the blocked path subject, but all I got was unrelated. You could say my research skills suck but I did manage to subscribe here. Tongue
If the post ended here, it would be almost okay, but I question the need for an entire post devoted to this issue.  There is already a Showtime discussion thread, and any person new to a forum should think once, twice, three times a snowflake before starting a new thread.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance are smarmy and gross, like we're somehow obligated to help you because you already thanked us.  It's another little snowflake tic that makes me grind my teeth.

Ps : On the registration page it's vecious to refuse people and give them BRAN MUFFIN title because of their email. I had the answers right, but took some time to realise that it was coming from my email.  Grin
Anyway I'm glad I could register in the end and be part of the so called [quote: some one on the web]jerk forum.[tagfail]  Roll Eyes
Do you seriously think it's a good idea to go somewhere and introduce yourself by asking for help in one breath and bitching about the registration process in another?  The registration process is difficult and hostile for a reason.

Ps2 : Sorry for my english, it's a bit rusted. Please dont flame me too much, I'm sensitive ! (dont belive the sensitive part XD)
ESL is not a "Get Out of Noobdom Free" card, especially when coupled with such obvious flamebait as the final sentence (complete with hidden message hilarity).  We expect you to not only read the FAQ before you post, but to FOLLOW IT.  It helps to prevent me from having to type up these long responses with ANGRY EYES that get ANGRIER and MORE BLOODSHOT with every emoticon they see.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 March 25, 07:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with all of the above with the exception of the "thank you in advance" part. Over here it's taught to be used as a level of politeness and although you are thanking the person in advance that doesn't mean you expect them to help you. I think it's used that in case they decide to help you they are thanked in advance so to speak. Why would you thank someone who didn't help you?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 March 25, 12:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you simply say 'thankyou' and leave it up to the reader whether they were just thanked for their time in reading the request or for the help they may/or may not profer. I agree with Jezzer that being thanked in advance is smarming and trying to lay an obligation on someone. Which makes me think again about the times I've used it in the past.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Silverin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 March 25, 13:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys first of all I can defend myself if I want to. But thanks for the intention. My 1st rule is : admins/modoes are always right even if they are saying bullshit <- that's not possible.

I'll say what I want when I want. I can assume what I say ! What are you talking about ? I didnt say anything !

soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 March 25, 14:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except, no one who has posted in this thread thus far is an admin or mod.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 March 25, 16:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one has claimed to be.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 March 25, 16:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ewww! Did it seriously think I was trying to defend it?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Silverin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 March 25, 16:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eeeeewwww ! How can "it" think the majestic me thought that ?!

And for the modoes I thought grammar police/senators entered that "section". Am I wrong then ? How neat ! I can insult you now ? Cheesy  <<--- smiley just to inject jezzer's eyes with blood ! Ha !

Edit : Just to clarify : modoes = moderators and not modder in my "language habbits".

Edit2 : By the way, even thought that trolling is quite fun; should I add my problem to the "general" showtime issue thread or is this one sufficent ?
« Last Edit: 2012 March 25, 16:54:35 by Silverin » Logged

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 March 25, 16:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't fuck with it.  Witch will move it if it needs to be moved.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 March 25, 19:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are teetering.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 March 25, 19:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm a mod now then? Sweet, does this mean I can go on a reign of terror and mess up all of jezzer's posts?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Silverin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 March 25, 20:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for the record, the faq said that witch is a moderator. She has the senator title and nothing saying "hide and wet your pants, there's a mod!". Thus even if the faq said "- Senators have no useful functions whatsoever. [...]" I assumed that Senators/GP are branches of the moderator's bunch. Wich is kind of logical.

You cant say my reasoning is noobdom. Well you can but it wont be true ! Ha !

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 March 25, 20:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm a mod now then? Sweet, does this mean I can go on a reign of terror and mess up all of jezzer's posts?

For a small-ish fee.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 March 25, 21:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mods don't have flashy titles here. They just get mod powers. It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: