More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:00:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  TS3 Store Content Fixes (Updated 11/20/12)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 Store Content Fixes (Updated 11/20/12)  (Read 244156 times)
magnetic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: TS3 Store Content Fixes (Updated 07/20/12)
« Reply #100 on: 2012 July 21, 18:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My chocolate fountain works well now with the fix, but I have none of the 5 moodlets linked to its use.. Maybe there is something more to add in  the fix

Maybe go back to where you found the fix and read everything there carefully.

Thanks for the advice.. the issue is fixed now  Grin
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: TS3 Store Content Fixes (Updated 07/21/12)
« Reply #101 on: 2012 July 23, 01:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lurk the store section on the BBS sometimes.
The Botanophobic's Nemesis Sculpture from the Technophobe no More set is missing its texture file, meaning it doesn't have a default patterns list and therefore can't be recoloured.
It's all overlay, object is simply not CASTable. Works as intended, it just happens to conflict with how you want it to work.

The Artful Adobe Fireplace when downloaded through the dashboard is also an incomplete file. It's missing a catalogue file which means unless it's installed using the complete set file, it won't appear in the catalogue.
It's part of a set so who gives a fuck.

The Helipophobia Harm Window from the Technophobe No More set has the wrong sized transparency file so shows a gap next to the window...
Might actually get off my ass and fix these tonight Smiley

Causes Routing Failures
Never Mind the Milk Crates, Here's the Telly
Dock the DJ (T-Mobile Item)
PEBKAC

Not animated/ Wimpy animation
North Star Seeker
Moroccan Oasis Fountain
Spring of Youth
Faire Frog Fountain
Bayside Washer & Dryer

Other than the telescope this is all working as intended. What it does and what you want it to do are two different things. Telescope is broken though, will look into it.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 23, 01:59:08 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2012 July 23, 06:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Orsum, KT.  If you ever feel so inclined, is it possible to make this window, from the Sweet Escape Nursery (Compilation April 2011) recolorable?  I HAET YELLOW.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2012 July 23, 07:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lurk the store section on the BBS sometimes.

Causes Routing Failures
Never Mind the Milk Crates, Here's the Telly
Dock the DJ (T-Mobile Item)
PEBKAC
I think what this refers to is that both cannot be repaired or upgraded. Any attempt at doing so will cancel out with a route fail bubble.

BTW, is the Fountainof the Sphinx from the WA registration award set also working as intended? It has three spouts but no water coming from them.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2012 July 23, 14:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the fountains, hot tubs too, that come out of the store have no custom water effects. Which means EA built them, with places water is supposed to flow out of, but never bothered to make the actual water effect. So technically they work as they are supposed to according to what's in the package file. It's a shame when we have third party CC sites with better quality control than they do. I'll have to look into how to make an object repairable.

@Capitaine Marie - I'll see Wink

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2012 July 24, 01:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Orsum, KT.  If you ever feel so inclined, is it possible to make this window, from the Sweet Escape Nursery (Compilation April 2011) recolorable?  I HAET YELLOW.

Looked into it, I can't make the stencil recolorable but I can remove it for you if you want.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2012 July 24, 06:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looked into it, I can't make the stencil recolorable but I can remove it for you if you want.

Thanks, that would be great!

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2012 July 24, 08:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a mod at MTS that removes stencils.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2012 July 24, 08:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that would be great!

Doesn't this work? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=478307
Admittedly, I haven't used it since 1.36 came out, but the creator has updated it and it may be worth a shot.

ETA: Post above was posted while I was searching for the mod. I think it's the same one.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2012 July 24, 20:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a mod at MTS that removes stencils.

Thanks.  I'll give that a try.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: TS3 Store Content Fixes (Updated 08/23/12)
« Reply #110 on: 2012 September 21, 18:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't matter where the sims3packs come from, as long as no-one has fiddled with them and decrapified or otherwise amended them. You need vanilla sims3packs. As far as I know, all the packs in our store thread are clean and pure and harbour no evil thoughts.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
akmpe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012 September 21, 19:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't matter where the sims3packs come from, as long as no-one has fiddled with them and decrapified or otherwise amended them. You need vanilla sims3packs. As far as I know, all the packs in our store thread are clean and pure and harbour no evil thoughts.

They work just as well with decrapified sims3packs and both types of packages as well. As long as you use the correct fixes, that is.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2012 September 21, 22:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LURK MOAR.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2012 September 22, 23:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has all been covered before.  Repeatedly.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2012 September 23, 13:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We don't need a tutorial post.  There have been multiple tutorial posts already.  The fact that you're still here nattering on about it shows just how effective tutorial posts have been.  And the last fucking thing we want or need is a "newbie ambassador."

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2012 September 23, 17:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SEARCH MOAR.

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2012 September 23, 18:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised Jezzer can even offer you the advice to search moar. Personally I can't even understand what you're asking about, because of all the typos.
I'm sure it has butt is spread thinly across loads of threads and posts.

Whose butt is spread thinly? Yours? Why?

The search feature help buy it can't show the proper order to do these things in.
Buy what? This stuff is all free.

I ado understand either.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2012 September 24, 02:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't care less about what you think of my spelling, grammar or typing abilities (or lack of),

An admirable sentiment, I'm sure, but you came here asking for help. When you ask your mother to tie your shoes for you, do you start with insults and unintelligable mutterings? Or do you find she responds better to lucid conversation and clear statements?

May be if more people actually helped rather than hiding behind playground mentality then more people would come here to get the Store stuff,

You seem to be under the misconception that we are here feeding some need to be of service. You are wrong.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
moar boobs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2012 September 24, 13:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can all help me fully understand I all of it I will gladly write up a tutorial post and act as Newbie Ambassador!

Bwahahaha! Even my first post wasn't that stupid!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2012 September 24, 16:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's not get hasty.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2012 October 12, 13:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would be a reasonable argument had I been offered any help in the first place.  The often used "SEARCH MOAR" is not helpful.
It's clear and concise. It used to drive me insane as a child when my father would tell me where the dictionary or the encyclopedia was rather than simply answering my questions.

Just complaining over petty spelling mistakes is frankly childish and pathetic, especially when many of you long term posters are just as guilty of it.  (Since when is MOAR a valid spelling of more?).
A more reasonable question might be 'where'. As far as spelling goes we're not singling you out. Any mistakes I make will get me pulled over the coals as well. This is a forum which has official Grammar Police. Did you think they were just for decoration?

Considering people are here, well the helpful ones, to share files and fix problems with the game (such as the wonderful Pescado)
You probably won't be interested to know that I've been considered 'one of the helpful ones' in the past. I am absolutely certain that it will not fit your world view when you discover that Pescado is the originator/instigator of MOAR FIGHT! Do you often find yourself asking for services not provided? Is it a shock when the library doesn't serve beer? Or the foot ball club doesn't take in laundry?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2012 October 12, 20:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it would read the FAQ instead of swanning about, clutching its pearls and whinging, several of its questions about the forum culture would already be answered.

runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2012 October 14, 22:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have often wondered about the Grammar Police as well...I don't think MOAR is correct, it's not in the dictionary.  However, it does seem to be an acceptable word for this forum.  Decrapified isn't in the dictionary either.  On the other hand, if the rules of the forum state that proper grammar is to be used, then I will try to abide by those rules.  As they say, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" and giving a "bad time" to those who provide us with content and information are a blessing to us!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2012 October 15, 14:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Moar" is considered a meme and a staple of internet culture.  MATY tends to allow -- if not encourage -- internet memes and lolcat language if they are used sparingly and are obviously meant to be humorous.  Grammar police tend to overlook the occasional typo, misspelling, or wayward comma.  These can happen to anyone, even the strictest Grammar Cop.  Grammar Cops also are less strict with ESL or ETL posters who are at least making an effort.  Where we tend to Lose Our Shit is with someone who is ostensibly a native English speaker, but whose every post resembles the lunatic ravings of a bored 12 year old girl doodling on the back of her notebook with a fuzzy glitter pen while her biology teacher drones in the background.

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2012 October 31, 04:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

needs to be updated for 1.42 ? (to know if I can use for 1.42 - sorry for my english)

The words are the soul image
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: