More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:24:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 Patch 1.33
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 Patch 1.33  (Read 33973 times)
Tarise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
TS3 Patch 1.33
« on: 2012 March 15, 19:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Extra, extra read all about it!!

http://www.thesims3.com/community/n...012#-1321973146

EA's just patching us up the wazoo all of a sudden. I'm sticking with 1.29 until the dust settles.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: TS3 Patch 1.33
« Reply #1 on: 2012 March 15, 19:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, because not patching has always been the MATY way, GTFO.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 March 15, 20:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, I'm going to miss my EP7 stuff. I hear you can't log in unless you're patched up though.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
PorcelainVal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 March 15, 23:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This patch is some sort of joke.  I got prompted to upgrade my Origin and patch my game.  Now, neither Origin nor the Sims 3 site allow me to log in.   Roll Eyes Huh
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 March 16, 00:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game%20Help:Issues%20with%201.3x%20Superpatcher yep, EA messed up again.

Hopefully AwesomeMod will be updated for 1.33 soon
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 March 16, 00:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still on patch level 1.32 and am still able to use the login function on the game save select screen. I'm wondering if "Some art updates" means they've tweaked Showtime images or if they have enabled hidden stencils.
The latter is probably too much to hope for.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 March 16, 01:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow i am not installing showtime until all of this clears up.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 March 16, 01:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crap. There's no incremental from 1.32 and the Superpatch is fucked.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 March 16, 13:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this case, the 1.33 patch shows up for me on the Launcher, but not on MTS Patch Downloader.  It's 950 MB, which seems awfully big for such vaguely-worded patch notes.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2012 March 16, 14:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to hold off on this for the time being, mostly because AM hasn't been updated yet, but I guess I just need to get the incremental instead of the Superpatch once I'm ready. My guess is that we'll see 1.34 soon anyhow.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 March 16, 14:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coffee's not kicked in yet, so let me see if I can jolt my brain here.  I've patched incrementally all along, so don't have the Super Patch installed (checked Delta Build file sizes verify this).  Therefore, I don't have the borkedness and instabilities from the crappy super patch in my game.  Unfortunately, there isn't an incremental 1.32-to-1.33 patch available as of yet, so my only options if I want to upgrade to 1.33 are:  A)  uninstall and reinstall the base game, Super Patch to 1.29, then apply the 1.29-to-1.31 and 1.31-to-1.33 incremental patches; B)  Wait for an incremental 1.32-to-1.33 patch to become available.  Am I right?  ARE THIS BLUE?  THEN WHO WAS PHONE!?!?!?!?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 March 16, 14:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this case, the 1.33 patch shows up for me on the Launcher, but not on MTS Patch Downloader.  It's 950 MB, which seems awfully big for such vaguely-worded patch notes.

TickleOnTheTum beat me to it. Yeah, the 1.3x SuperPatchers are fucked.

Coffee's not kicked in yet, so let me see if I can jolt my brain here.  I've patched incrementally all along, so don't have the Super Patch installed (checked Delta Build file sizes verify this).  Therefore, I don't have the borkedness and instabilities from the crappy super patch in my game.  Unfortunately, there isn't an incremental 1.32-to-1.33 patch available as of yet, so my only options if I want to upgrade to 1.33 are:  A)  uninstall and reinstall the base game, Super Patch to 1.29, then apply the 1.29-to-1.31 and 1.31-to-1.33 incremental patches; B)  Wait for an incremental 1.32-to-1.33 patch to become available.  Am I right?  ARE THIS BLUE?  THEN WHO WAS PHONE!?!?!?!?

I did this instead because my bandwidth sucks.

Uninstalled and reinstalled base game.
Installed 1.26 superpatch from Pets disc.
Installed 1.26 to 1.29 incremental patch.
Installed 1.29 to 1.31 patch.
Then to finish it off, 1.31 to 1.33.

It's like they're denying 1.32 ever happened -_-

And although this method equals download more patches, the total amount of megabytes you have to download is significantly less which is useful if you have an internet connection like mine that's sucky and averages at around 128kbps.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 March 16, 14:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I'm still on 1.31. Holding off on 1.33 until it looks like there's not a 1.34 hiding round the corner. Typical EA shenanigans.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 March 16, 14:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I'm still on 1.31. Holding off on 1.33 until it looks like there's not a 1.34 hiding round the corner. Typical EA shenanigans.

I noticed a tiny performance increase in 1.33, but that's not really worth the effort to get the damned thing working.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 March 16, 15:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, AwesomeMod is now on 1.33, so...I suppose if you REALLY wanted to, you could just not patch and use AwesomeMod anyway, but no support will be provided for intentionally running an unholy hybrid. Unofficially, I suspect it'll probably work, it will just annoy you, because I doubt much has changed codewise. The patching process was pretty clean and totally uneventful.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 March 16, 19:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 1.33.2.0150
Some art updates
Stability improvements
Sims saved with game update 1.32 that exhibit overly dark textures can be restored to normal by editing the Sims in Create a Sim

HHHHOOOOOORRRRSSEEE SSSHHHHIIIITTTTTTTTT

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Datch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 March 17, 21:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To respond to Turd Ferguson comment and for everybody else having the horse freezing bug (on Macs only I think) and wondering if stability improvements announced for patch 1.33 fix it: no, it doesn't. As far as I'm concerned horses are still freezing my game (on mac OSX Leopard). I'm not surprised, but still no fix almost 5 months after releasing a broken EP? ... seriously!!??
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 March 18, 03:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To respond to Turd Ferguson comment and for everybody else having the horse freezing bug (on Macs only I think) and wondering if stability improvements announced for patch 1.33 fix it: no, it doesn't. As far as I'm concerned horses are still freezing my game (on mac OSX Leopard). I'm not surprised, but still no fix almost 5 months after releasing a broken EP? ... seriously!!??

EA. Self explanatory.

Do horses freeze anyone else's game though? 
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 March 18, 16:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this case, the 1.33 patch shows up for me on the Launcher, but not on MTS Patch Downloader.  It's 950 MB, which seems awfully big for such vaguely-worded patch notes.

The superpatcher doesn't screw up default replacement skins nor add werewolf sliders if you start from 1.29 superpatch, 1.31 incremental, 1.32 incremental.  Hell of a lot to download to go from 1.32 to 1.33, but I was not ready to do an uninstall-reinstall right now.  Far rather preferred to submit my game to SCIENCE.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 March 19, 02:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The superpatcher doesn't screw up default replacement skins nor add werewolf sliders if you start from 1.29 superpatch, 1.31 incremental, 1.32 incremental.  Hell of a lot to download to go from 1.32 to 1.33, but I was not ready to do an uninstall-reinstall right now.  Far rather preferred to submit my game to SCIENCE.

Well that's your decision isn't it.
PorcelainVal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 March 19, 16:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having issues logging in since the new patch?  The same day that 1.33 was released, Origin prompted me to update, too.  Ever since, it ridiculous trying to log into any of my EA related accounts.  I can launch my Sims game but about 5 minutes into it, Origin pops up to tell me that it's logged me off.  WTF?  I would go any complain about this to EA but I can't log in to any of my accounts.

Oh, and since 1.29, my game has had some sort of a glitch where I can't choose Lifetime Wishes in CAS.  I thought it was AM related but it was still happening even if I ran a new game without AM.  Having to re-install Sims is going to be a real bitch...I'm gonna lose all the paid CC that leaked into my launcher for free via the sims exchange Sad
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 March 19, 19:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's your decision isn't it.

It is, and I posted here to say that it worked without screwing up my game, so if someone chooses that route, they won't be screwing up their game either.  Uninstall-reinstall or superpatch from 1.31 or 1.32 incremental patches--the results are the same.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 March 19, 22:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After being totally confused about this patching crap, I researched what was going on. Apparently the EP07 unfinished content was not the only issue. Some people also did not have a Showtime Collections folder. So people with the EP07 content OR people with no SHT collections folder were being advised to uninstall the Base game, run CCleaner, patch with the 1.29 superpatcher, then use the incremental patch to 1.31 and the incremental to 1.33.

Those of you who a) have the Showtime collections folder, or b) have the EP07 code and want to keep it, or c) don't give a flying fig about the Showtime collections folder (although I figured if that was wrong other things could be wrong too) can do whatever they wish.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 March 20, 22:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally gave in and patched last night; it's actually not as bad as it seems (but might be difficult for newbies).  With my luck, there'll probably be a patch 1.34 tomorrow.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 March 27, 07:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone uploaded the SHT collections folder separately somewhere? I don't feel like reinstalling just for the missing SHT collection. The only issue i have with the 1.33 patch is this.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: