More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 01:25:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Crashing problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crashing problems  (Read 5909 times)
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
Crashing problems
« on: 2012 April 08, 22:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have any hints or suggestions? I am seriously unable to run my game for more than four minutes (and that's if I'm lucky) with AwesomeMod installed. Please, please, please! I know Jezzer likes to make the joke about the unlikelihood of people waiting with baited breath for replies, but damn it—I am! All of my old saves and projects utilize AwesomeMod in some way or another. I am not willing to run the game without it.
The only thing I can think of  is that I never updated to 1.31, or 1.32—I used the Patch Downloader from MTS and went straight to 1.33. But I don't see how this can cause the problem, because the version of AwesomeMod I have was working fine with 1.33. Well, I did have a lot of crashing, but not to this extremity. This four minute lifeline only started after I installed Showtime.
So somebody please tell me: Was updating to 1.33 before buying and installing Showtime a bad decision? Would it cause this ceaseless crashing? If so, what do I do? I still have my 1.29 backup. Do I go back to that and install Showtime right off, then use the Patch Downloader, or do I go back to 1.29 and do something else? Please tell me.
« Last Edit: 2012 April 09, 00:53:27 by witch » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Crashing problems
« Reply #1 on: 2012 April 08, 23:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having severe problems after I updated to the bodgy 1.32 patch. I then d/l the super patch to 1.33 and my game was really unstable. I was crashing every 10-15 minutes. In the end I had to do the good old reinstall and, so far, the game appears to be OK with no crashes. I figured something had become irretrievably corrupted what with all the different patches lately. When I reinstalled I went through all the SPs and EPs in order, then applied the 1.33 super patch at the end.

Edit: Mind you, I'd also been swapping back and forth between Moryrie's packages and the sims3packs. This may have caused issues in addition. Also, I haven't yet tried my old save game.
« Last Edit: 2012 April 09, 00:53:45 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
Crashing problems
« Reply #2 on: 2012 April 08, 23:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for replying, witch!
Okay. I just started to download the super patch, but I would like to clarify.
I uninstall everything, then I reinstall (in proper release date order) all of my EPs and SPs. But throughout all this I DO NOT touch the Patch Downloader from MTS? Instead, I finish my reinstalling, and then I use the Super Patch for 1.33. Is this correct?
« Last Edit: 2012 April 09, 00:54:03 by witch » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
Crashing problems
« Reply #3 on: 2012 April 09, 00:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, all I can say is that's exactly what I did. Each EP still does a patch-type update and that's mostly why I did them in order.

I'll move these posts to a thread of their own, as they're unlikely to be awesomemod bugs.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
Re: Crashing problems
« Reply #4 on: 2012 April 10, 04:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did everything you said: it worked perfectly! I admit that I did just run into my first crash—but as it took place after an hour and a half of gameplay, I'm not complaining.
The mighty Crash Log Analyzer told me that updates were available for WA, AMB, LN, and HELS, so I did allow the game to patch after that. It remains to be seen whether this will create more devastating repercussions, but I feel lot a more confident about the process of uninstalling now.
Since I have now been able to explore Showtime a little bit, I have come to the conclusion that the best of part of this extremely glitchy game is the fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Elvis be praised!
Thanks again, witch.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 April 10, 04:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In another thread you may have noticed that Supreme Commander and Inform on Story Action could also be big resource users. I'm not using these at present to see how it goes. My old save game was hosed BTW.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 April 27, 02:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to take a page out of Madame Mim's book and resurrect my own thread.

Okay, long story short—1.33/Showtime is crap. I have never ever had corrupt saves before! I have often attributed this good fortune to the fact that I absolutely love to defragment my computer three times a day. But enter 1.33/Showtime—and presto! Corrupt saves! This ticks me off.
So I am going the "Save As" route. Fine.
The next thing I discovered is that I had to fiddle around with the Data Execution Settings. No more crashing, except for the every-other-day corrupt saves and the occasional weird crash that even the Analyzer cannot figure out.
For example, I sometimes get this odd crash around certain types of EA countertops, and I'm just wondering if this has something to do with the added "Place Snack Bowl" interaction, which someone told me that EA only enabled on certain island counters over others. I cannot confirm that yet. ‘Tis a fickle thing that does not like to be reproduced.

Until my next mysterious crash, I bid thee farewell.
« Last Edit: 2012 April 27, 02:39:38 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 May 16, 19:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had minimal crashes since going the save as... route.  I do save as... every time and I'm on save #79.  I've only has 3 corrupt saves but it's better than crashing every time I do a regular save.

ISFJ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: