More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:46:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Please help with Lighting Tweak mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Please help with Lighting Tweak mod  (Read 5873 times)
jujujujuju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Please help with Lighting Tweak mod
« on: 2012 May 10, 08:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On MTS there is a great lighting mod called Outdoor Lighting Tweaks v2.0a by dDefinder http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=367164

This mod is beautiful and I really want to use it ( mainly for the sunset/sunrise effect) but the hue during the night times hours  is too dark for me (even with the bright version of the mod) and the stars in the sky look huge and out of place.

Is there a way to edit this mod in s3pe (or any other program) in order to have night time lighting closer to the game's default lights?

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Please help with Lighting Tweak mod
« Reply #1 on: 2012 May 10, 13:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why didn't you just ask the mod creator?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jujujujuju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 May 10, 18:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have contacted the creator, both through email and through the original thread. However, they have not been on that site since the beginning of April, and I have no inkling as to when they will return. Therefore, I thought why not ask a forum with an influx of brainy individuals for help/input while I wait for the creator's reply.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 May 10, 18:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to edit this mod in s3pe (or any other program) in order to have night time lighting closer to the game's default lights?

The best way to find out would be to try (hint: yes, there's a way, and it's incredibly easy). I'm not really sure what other information you're looking for here, since you already described the method yourself. Just open the mod and compare the values to the original ones, then tweak the values you want to be closer to the default until you get to a balance that you like. Or is there something hampering the process that you have not disclosed?
jujujujuju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 May 10, 20:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is nothing hampering the process except for my inexperience with editing mods. I only use s3pe for merging files and I am truly lost when it comes to editing ini files (even after researching the subject), so I came here hoping for someone with more experience to point me in the right direction. I am confused as to which ini files/values to modify in order to adjust the nighttime hue of the mod.

Nevertheless, as you said, the best way to find out would be to try. Since the creator created three versions of this mod-brighter, balanced and darker-I am going to compare the brighter sky shader parameters ini files (I assume those are the right ini files to adjust?) with the dark version of the mod sky ini files  and adjust the values from there. I've tried comparing the bright version of the mod's ini files with the game's ini files but I don't where to begin (as there are numerous ini files in the game's folder).

Thanks again.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 May 10, 23:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we need to remind you to back up your .world files before you start futzing with them?  Tongue

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jujujujuju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 May 11, 20:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Cheesy That's the first thing I do before anything else, Jezzer. I'm not that much of a noob  Tongue

Btw, I'm almost done with the mod and have managed to tweak the nighttime hues specifically to my taste.

The only problem is that  I want my town to have longer sunset/dawn/sunrise hours. I would love for my town to resemble those hours for the  majority of the day, if possible. Please help if you know how to do this. I assume I would have to adjust the sunset/sundown speed in order to achieve this?  : )

Anyway, thanks again everyone.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 May 11, 23:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd ask Inge or Kissing Toast.  Inge is pretty involved in the modding community, and my AIDE has made a ton of fixes and mods for TS3.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 May 12, 03:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there a sun set/rise mod at MTS? Get that and dissect it to see how it works.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jujujujuju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 May 12, 05:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Jezzer and Kissing for your assistance. I will try to tweak the above mod and see how that goes. : )
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: