More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:40:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780064 times)
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.07.2013)
« Reply #775 on: 2013 March 12, 01:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Showman's Glass Stand is a display case.  Aurora Skies page: http://store.thesims3.com/auroraskies.  

The MV walls and floors worked for me before, when you included them in your fix.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2013 March 12, 02:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Showman's Glass Stand is a display case.  Aurora Skies page: http://store.thesims3.com/auroraskies.  

The MV walls and floors worked for me before, when you included them in your fix.

Are you looking in the right category?  It's not a functional display case, but a random deco item.  EA loves their deco items.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2013 March 12, 06:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you looking in the right category?  It's not a functional display case, but a random deco item.  EA loves their deco items.

Why am I not surprised?  I'll check in the deco section later.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2013 March 12, 11:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if it is a functional display case, which it really looks like it should be, it may still be in misc. deco anyway. That's where they decided to dump the SN displays. I have so many recat files for this game.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2013 March 12, 12:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are cc creators with three functioning brain cells out there who manage to make less of a hash of categorization than EA does.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 2013 March 12, 21:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't understand EA's obsession with sticking EVERY store Premium Content piece into the Misc. catagory of nearly every section as well as the regular catagories.
megshush
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2013 March 13, 03:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So after numerous tests, I found out that them showing up has something to do with the userpresets file.
When I had my old one in, they wouldn't show up, I deleted it, and now they're back.
I also am only using the updated Unawesome KT fix right now, just to play it safe.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2013 March 13, 03:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So after numerous tests, I found out that them showing up has something to do with the userpresets file.
When I had my old one in, they wouldn't show up, I deleted it, and now they're back.
I also am only using the updated Unawesome KT fix right now, just to play it safe.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2013 March 13, 16:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The walls? The floors? Their brain cells?
megshush
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2013 March 13, 18:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]

I'm talking about what all of the previous posts on this page are about(also my original post on the bottom of pg.31). The Monte Vista Walls.
 I really don't think that there's any reason for your confusion  Roll Eyes
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2013 March 14, 01:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried extracting the wall and floor packages from decrapped versions of Monte Vista and the Tiny Prodigies Learning Center, then combining them with s3pe.  They won't show in my game.  S3pe won't let me combine the packages from the vanilla .sims3packs.  Is there something I'm missing?  

On the other hand, I did find that pesky display case in the deco section.  Roll Eyes

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2013 March 14, 02:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Did you try placing anything inside the glass case? I can only place things on top of it...

Dive in!
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2013 March 14, 10:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any problems with the MV & Aurora Skies Walls showing up in my game, but I am still using my MV fix which I shared (ans I made a fix for AS and sent it to KT). KT had incorporated mv fixes into his, but if I understand what is going on this thread (haven't been following too closely lately as I've been busy with non-Sims stuff), he removed it because somebody said their walls weren't showing?

In any case, here are my fixes. If they work for you, please post (they work fine for me):
[Links removed as KT has added fixes to his fix]

I'm talking about what all of the previous posts on this page are about(also my original post on the bottom of pg.31). The Monte Vista Walls.
 I really don't think that there's any reason for your confusion  Roll Eyes
[/quote]

People aren't required to remember every single post you make. Be specific when you post. You used a pronoun without even having an antecedent, so people had to either read back through the thread just to figure out what you were talking about or guess. No need to roll your eyes.
« Last Edit: 2013 March 15, 10:02:57 by notouching » Logged
Asmodeuseswife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 2013 March 14, 14:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any problems with the MV & Aurora Skies Walls showing up in my game, but I am still using my MV fix which I shared (ans I made a fix for AS and sent it to KT). KT had incorporated mv fixes into his, but if I understand what is going on this thread (haven't been following too closely lately as I've been busy with non-Sims stuff), he removed it because somebody said their walls weren't showing?

In any case, here are my fixes. If they work for you, please post (they work fine for me):
MV_WallsFloors_Fixes - Fixes for Monte Vista
AS_WallsFixed - Fixes for Aurora Skies

Thanks for these  Wink
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.14.2013)
« Reply #789 on: 2013 March 14, 19:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP. Re-added the Monte Vista walls and added the Aurora Skies walls from notouching, thank you for doing those BTW. Can someone confirm or deny that there are roofs missing from either of these as well? I've been slacking on the Sims department lately, I'm a busy bitch and don't feel like starting something unless it's absolutely unnecessary.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2013 March 14, 20:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaaa! Grin  Just out of curiosity, how did you do it?  I was finally able to get the extracted packages (from AS) into my game, myself, but then I had duplicates.

Updated OP. Re-added the Monte Vista walls and added the Aurora Skies walls from notouching, thank you for doing those BTW. Can someone confirm or deny that there are roofs missing from either of these as well? I've been slacking on the Sims department lately, I'm a busy bitch and don't feel like starting something unless it's absolutely unnecessary.

And baaaa to you, too!  The roofs show up fine for me.  
« Last Edit: 2013 March 14, 20:25:20 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2013 March 15, 10:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaaa! Grin  Just out of curiosity, how did you do it?  I was finally able to get the extracted packages (from AS) into my game, myself, but then I had duplicates.

*snip*

To get rid of duplicates, I took the decrapified packages and exported the CWAL resource for each wall/floor. I had to change the group for the VPXY in the TGI Blocks. Decrapping changed the group for the VPXY in the package, but the TGI Blocks in the CWAL resources did not get changed. So I made the VPXY group match the decrapped VPXY group and voilą. No duplicates but the walls work.

Removing links to my fixes since KT added them back.

Totally understand your sentiment. I have been feeling the same way lately. I have no issues at all with the roofs. The Monte Vista roofs were added in patch 1.42, and the AS roofs show up fine and are usable in my game.
Freddy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2013 March 15, 17:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My MV and AS walls and roofs show up in game perfectly. Thanks for the fixes Smiley
TheNoble
Asinine Airhead

I am the prince... of madness

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2013 March 16, 09:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone over at MTS have created a fix to change an acoustic guitar into an an electric guitar. Would it be good if you can make a fix like that too on all store guitar, as all guitar from store are labelled as acoustic guitar.

Here's the author comment about how to make it:
Quote from: PhenomIIFX @ MTS
Just change the scriptClass Control code to "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.HobbiesSkills.ElectricGuitar".
Modding store items is inconvenient. I think you need to decrapify them.

On my POV, a human who likes to read signature on forum is stupid.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2013 March 17, 02:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone over at MTS have created a fix to change an acoustic guitar into an an electric guitar. Would it be good if you can make a fix like that too on all store guitar, as all guitar from store are labelled as acoustic guitar.

Here's the author comment about how to make it:
Quote from: PhenomIIFX @ MTS
Just change the scriptClass Control code to "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.HobbiesSkills.ElectricGuitar".
Modding store items is inconvenient. I think you need to decrapify them.

I can do this. If you can get me the guitars as single sim3packs or at least give me the names of all the sets so that I can eventually find them.

TheNoble
Asinine Airhead

I am the prince... of madness

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2013 March 17, 02:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try to get the list for you then. I'll post it ASAP.

EDIT:
Here's the list of all store guitars that look like an electric guitar:
"In Like Flynn" Fusion Guitar - Futureshock Bedroom (SciFiBedroomSet.Sims3Pack)
Dream  Guitar- Katy Perry Collectors Edition Set (EP6KatyPerrySet.Sims3Pack)
MacSymver's Guitar - Toyota Prius Sweet Life Pack (PriusVDLCset.Sims3Pack)
Sizzlin' Strings Guitar - Toyota Prius c City-friendly Pack (carPriusCSet.Sims3Pack)
Soul of Spade Guitar - Viva Las Vegas Bedroom (VegasBedroomSet.Sims3Pack) or October 2011 Compilation (Oct2011Set.Sims3Pack)

If there's something wrong or left behind, just tell me.
« Last Edit: 2013 March 17, 03:51:12 by TheNoble » Logged

On my POV, a human who likes to read signature on forum is stupid.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2013 March 19, 19:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also the Vine Me Up guitar from the Store that was a Simpoint bundle item. I've updated guitars 3 and 4 on that list as well as the Vine Me Up guitar but haven't actually tested them in game yet.
Melanija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2013 March 20, 20:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have various other "blank" icons in CAS that then have missing meshes when put on the sim
I don't know if it has the same cause, but I am having this problem too, as well as duplicate icons where one item works, and the other has a missing mesh. Been messing around with this in a clean mods folder today, and discovered it's caused by the content patch I downloaded here. I don't decrap my stuff, just run it through s3rc and install as packages with Delphy's multi installer and I have all EPs & SPs, patched to 1.50. I've tried installing the content patch in both overrides and the content patch folder and still have the same problem, and the same thing with re-downloading the patch to make sure I had the most recent one. One interesting thing is that running the dashboard tool while the patch is in the packages folder doesn't show a conflict with the store CAS items, even though I opened up both in s3pe and saw that there were CASP files with the same instance number. Is it possible that a decrapped version of the content patch got uploaded on accident? Not sure if that's something that could even cause this, but it's driving me crazy trying to dress sims with this mess in my CAS. I'm really at a loss and am hoping there's not something incredibly obvious that I missed that's causing this.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2013 March 20, 22:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The content patch I provide is decrapped.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2013 March 20, 23:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible that a decrapped version of the content patch got uploaded on accident? Not sure if that's something that could even cause this, but it's driving me crazy trying to dress sims with this mess in my CAS. I'm really at a loss and am hoping there's not something incredibly obvious that I missed that's causing this.

All my stuff is decrapped, the individual files seem to look fine in Simpe(As far as I can tell) but in game seemingly random CAS clothes and objects are "missing". Everything was working fine with the combined packages that I made months back, and had just been creating smaller packages with newer items when released. With the Uni release I deleted all my EA store combined packages and rebuilt them. Suddenly every fucking CAS store item wasn't showing properly in the icon or on the sim. After trying different things over a day, I finally just picked up a torrent with already combined decrapped packages( doing this is not supported by Pescado). Nearly everything is showing now, minus a few items which may be from the sets that I combined that were not included in the torrent. I've screwed around trying so many different things to find out what I did wrong that things have kinda blurred together at this point. I finally got sick of trouble shooting this fucking game and have switched to Skyrim for a few days.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: