More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:14:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780441 times)
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 12.29.2012)
« Reply #675 on: 2013 January 06, 02:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually got the tabcast to work I had to up date my resource file and it started working again.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 01.10.2013)
« Reply #676 on: 2013 January 10, 20:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP. Everything should be 1.47 now. Fixed my PC, twas the PSU.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
awesomegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2013 January 10, 23:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we have to patch our game to 1.47 to get these? I won't be able to do so till the game comes out.

A good priest is a dead priest.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2013 January 10, 23:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's stopping you from doing it before that? This is the first I've seen of such a problem.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2013 January 11, 01:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed something strange since the latest patch.  Monte Vista's wedding cake (Happily Ever Frosted) shows up in the catalog the way it should, but next to it is a silver ball with the same name.  I've never had problems using these fixes before, but is it just PEBKAC?
« Last Edit: 2013 January 11, 04:36:28 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2013 January 11, 02:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we have to patch our game to 1.47 to get these? I won't be able to do so till the game comes out.
What game the patch wasn't intended for the stuff pack.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2013 January 11, 04:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What game the patch wasn't intended for the stuff pack.

GO HOME, TIA.  YOU ARE DRUNK.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2013 January 11, 21:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed something strange since the latest patch.  Monte Vista's wedding cake (Happily Ever Frosted) shows up in the catalog the way it should, but next to it is a silver ball with the same name.  I've never had problems using these fixes before, but is it just PEBKAC?

Maybe they fixed the wedding cake? Or maybe I left some testing extras in my fix. I'll look into it.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2013 January 11, 21:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they fixed the wedding cake? Or maybe I left some testing extras in my fix. I'll look into it.

Awesome, thanks.  Maybe they fixed something in the latest store patch.  I installed that and 1.47 at the same time.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2013 January 11, 22:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome, thanks.  Maybe they fixed something in the latest store patch.  I installed that and 1.47 at the same time.

Well I don't think they fixed it. Tonight, if I get to it, I'm going to try to find all those empty objects in the catalog.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2013 January 12, 06:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, nothing in my fix was touched in the new patch.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2013 January 12, 15:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had that extra box with the black ball next to my MV wedding cake since you released the fix. They didn't add the new store objects code to the core libraries in 1.47 though, so they haven't fixed the cake.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2013 January 14, 11:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, Skadi mentioned I should give you a nudge and see if you can fix the newest issue.  Installing the new 1.47 patch has made the male and female hair from Monty Vista disappear.  I didn't notice until today when I happen to be on TS3 forum and noticed alot of reports on that.  I checked my game, and sure enough they were gone.  Don't know if it's something you can fix, but, worth mentioning to see if you can.  Just whenever you have the time.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 2013 January 14, 16:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, Skadi mentioned I should give you a nudge and see if you can fix the newest issue.  Installing the new 1.47 patch has made the male and female hair from Monty Vista disappear.  I didn't notice until today when I happen to be on TS3 forum and noticed alot of reports on that.  I checked my game, and sure enough they were gone.  Don't know if it's something you can fix, but, worth mentioning to see if you can.  Just whenever you have the time.

Apparently, those aren't the only missing hairs.  Scroll down to crinrict's post:  http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/633962.page.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2013 January 14, 16:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, Skadi mentioned I should give you a nudge and see if you can fix the newest issue.  Installing the new 1.47 patch has made the male and female hair from Monty Vista disappear.  I didn't notice until today when I happen to be on TS3 forum and noticed alot of reports on that.  I checked my game, and sure enough they were gone.  Don't know if it's something you can fix, but, worth mentioning to see if you can.  Just whenever you have the time.

How did you patch? I still have the four hairs mentioned. I used the launcher to patch so I think that would be the incremental.

As for the blank thumbnails, I've found and fixed three of them so far. If you have any of the pre-order items from HELS you'll have doubles/blank thumnails. I will add it when I track down the rest.
« Last Edit: 2013 January 14, 19:10:57 by kissing_toast » Logged

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 2013 January 14, 22:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If one doesn't "legally" own Monte Vista, then it'll be fine.  I actually own Monte Vista "legal", which is why it's doing that.  Also mentioned as disappearing due to the patch is the toddler beret and a child female hair.  Those two hairs I didn't buy and I have as a package and I checked last night and they are still there.  So if someone "legally" has the 4 hairs mentioned, then it'll disappear from their game.  I had patched from the one before this one (don't remember the patch number).  I also used the launcher to patch to 1.47.  
« Last Edit: 2013 January 14, 22:20:14 by jaldeer » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2013 January 14, 23:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If one doesn't "legally" own Monte Vista, then it'll be fine.  I actually own Monte Vista "legal", which is why it's doing that.  Also mentioned as disappearing due to the patch is the toddler beret and a child female hair.  Those two hairs I didn't buy and I have as a package and I checked last night and they are still there.  So if someone "legally" has the 4 hairs mentioned, then it'll disappear from their game.  I had patched from the one before this one (don't remember the patch number).  I also used the launcher to patch to 1.47.  

That's why they should keep the patches (store/game) separate, IMO. If I get a chance I'll see if they've added any store files to the game files that would do this. I do know that with the braided child hair BBSers were crying about it not being recolorable, so maybe EA was trying to fix that? 

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 2013 January 14, 23:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks KT.  On a side note, I did wait a couple of days after the patch was released before I went ahead and patched.  I didn't think to even check the forum for problems.  I thought since it didn't fix much, there wouldn't be a problem.  Stupid of me to think that.  I didn't even know you couldn't recolor that braided child hair.  I never used it.  Could be they were trying to fix it.  I wouldn't know why their stupid patch made those two Monte Vista hairs disappear.  I stopped trying to figure out EA along time ago.  
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2013 January 16, 00:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an unholy hybrid of vanilla/decrapped stuff.  Is there something I can do about all the annoying duplicate thumbnails, besides decrapping and reinstalling the legit items?  Will the Content Patch work if I don't decrap it?

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2013 January 16, 01:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an unholy hybrid of vanilla/decrapped stuff.  Is there something I can do about all the annoying duplicate thumbnails, besides decrapping and reinstalling the legit items?  Will the Content Patch work if I don't decrap it?

I don't know, I believe most of them are for unreleased objects to be honest. As for other stuff you would have to go through the store patch and pick out what you don't want decrapped, which would be a huge pain in the ass.

@jaldeer - If you could link me those hairs as separate sims3packs that would speed things up greatly. If not that' s cool, I'll get to it eventually.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2013 January 16, 01:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, I believe most of them are for unreleased objects to be honest. As for other stuff you would have to go through the store patch and pick out what you don't want decrapped, which would be a huge pain in the ass.

Okies.  Well, I'm going to download the patch via the Launcher, and see what happens.

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2013 January 16, 14:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, that female hair and the male hair that went missing after the 1.47 patch are from Monte Vista.  I wouldn't know how to go about and make just those two hairs as Sims3pack files.  I would if I knew how to.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 2013 January 16, 17:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@jaldeer - Try this, put it in an overrides folder. In there is simply just the vanilla CASP files for the hairs. See if this works. I've also added an elder hair for males since I couldn't find one in the files it piggy backs off of the adult male hair so you do need that installed for it to work, which shouldn't be a problem.  

Updated the decrapped fixes mod, I removed parts of the wedding cake from Monte Vista that didn't really do anything but give blank thumbnails. No big deal.

* MV_Hairs_fix.zip (6.96 KB - downloaded 215 times.)
« Last Edit: 2013 January 16, 22:04:55 by kissing_toast » Logged

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2013 January 16, 21:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, I'm not seeing the file you're telling me to put in the overrides.  You mean the fix fixes?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 2013 January 16, 22:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, I'm not seeing the file you're telling me to put in the overrides.  You mean the fix fixes?

Herp-a-derp, forgot to attach it.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: