More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:15:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780106 times)
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 12.07.2012)
« Reply #625 on: 2012 December 10, 19:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have s3oc there's a base game eggplant that shows up, maybe added from a patch? Try that, I'll clone it and check next time I run it if I remember.

I think the basegame eggplant is the one you get from gardening opportunities that grows literal eggs.

When I thought about that I thought so too maybe, but I remembered seeing an eggplant in the thumbnail. I doubled checked, it's a purple eggplant, marked as base game.

Maybe they have to be integrated into the basegame to work as harvestable produce.

That purple eggplant is just a prop for one of the recipes. I think it's ratatouille.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 2012 December 10, 20:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated links, maybe these'll stick.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2012 December 11, 12:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, sorry for my english, second I want to ask, for the "fix mods" premium content, the "Lemonade stand" and "Fruit and Veggie Stand" is one and the same thing?

The words are the soul image
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 2012 December 11, 12:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, sorry for my english, second I want to ask, for the "fix mods" premium content, the "Lemonade stand" and "Fruit and Veggie Stand" is one and the same thing?

The Lemonade Stand and the Fruit and Veggie Stand are two separate objects that do different things. Sims buy/sell fruits and veggies at the Veggie stand. At the Lemonade Stand, sims can buy/sell lemonade.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2012 December 11, 14:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Lemonade Stand and the Fruit and Veggie Stand are two separate objects that do different things. Sims buy/sell fruits and veggies at the Veggie stand. At the Lemonade Stand, sims can buy/sell lemonade.

I asked because in the text of "KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes" and CCmerged, the "Fruit and Veggie Stand" don't appear.
I was able to supply the Limonade stand, but not the Veggie Stand ... I don't know how must be in game ... Both Stands have the same activities ? If yes, the veggie stand don't work properly...

The words are the soul image
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2012 December 11, 16:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The veggie stand cannot be stocked, it's simply a specialized consign register disguised as a cart. Like the register you see in the consign shop, but it only deals with gardening stuff: veggies, seeds and related skills books. So it has a basic register menu: the option are tend, buy and consign. The tend option only means standing there for hours, don't know about the pay though, haven't tried it seriously yet.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2012 December 12, 16:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the answer.

Your first "thanks" post got moved for a reason.  Lurk moar.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Selentic
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2012 December 12, 16:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have s3oc there's a base game eggplant that shows up, maybe added from a patch? Try that, I'll clone it and check next time I run it if I remember.

I think the basegame eggplant is the one you get from gardening opportunities that grows literal eggs.

When I thought about that I thought so too maybe, but I remembered seeing an eggplant in the thumbnail. I doubled checked, it's a purple eggplant, marked as base game.

Maybe they have to be integrated into the basegame to work as harvestable produce.

That purple eggplant is just a prop for one of the recipes. I think it's ratatouille.

My sims was able to purchase an actual eggplant at the food store register in China.  And when returned home the eggplant is also plantable.  (I have all expansions and store stuff installed so not sure which one added this item).
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2012 December 12, 20:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You folks really confuse me. There's the base-game "eggplant" which allows you to plant actual eggs. The Monte Vista venue comes with two new harvestables. An actual eggplant (aubergine) and lemon. You can buy both at the grocery store and the new veggy stand stand store pc item. This is common knowledge? I mean you are talking in thread documenting specifically a fix for these plants? :S

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 2012 December 12, 21:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims was able to purchase an actual eggplant at the food store register in China.  And when returned home the eggplant is also plantable.  (I have all expansions and store stuff installed so not sure which one added this item).

Explaining to virgali and this guy (who completely did not understand what was going on):

Base game eggplant: harvestable base game Eggplant that grows eggs
Al Fresco Eggplant:  Called "Purple Eggplant" in the game. You can plant it, purchase it at the grocery store, sell it, cook it, etc. It's a custom ingredient (premium content) and it is available via the Sims 3 Store as part of the Al Fresco venue.
Finally: eggplant accessory that is shown while cooking specific recipes (Autumn Salad for example) but can be cloned in s3oc as a separate object as it is found in the base game fullbuild packages.

The problem WAS: igottapi wanted to mod the new harvestables but did not know that he needed to use the Plants List in the ccmerged.package and not in the GameplayData.package. KT didn't think about this and suggested the purple eggplant accessory used when creating certain recipes. I then realized what was going on and informed igottapi that what he needed is in the ccmerged.package. The rest of the conversation is about a useless accessory that has no point in the game. Looking at Jezzer's responses, I am unsure if he followed all of this. Not that it matters. The conversation did get convoluted.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2012 December 13, 02:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, right! The eggplant you see is an actual object? I didn't know. I thought the things you saw on the wooden board while cooking was just different versions of the wooden board object as in it's all one object if I'm making any sense. Thank you for clearing things up.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 2012 December 15, 21:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch! There's a tard loose in my thread!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2012 December 16, 00:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch! There's a tard loose in my thread!

Not any more. Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 12.20.2012)
« Reply #638 on: 2012 December 20, 16:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP. Thanks to notouching for the wall and floor fix.

KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 2012 December 21, 16:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm seeing blank thumbnails in the buy catalog with some of your fixes. I have installed only decrapped sims3packs... (with the exception of the pet store, and the fountain of youth which are packages)  I have your ccmerged package in the dcbackup folder, and I have the Decrapfixes package, and the fixes package (the later was decrapified) in my overrides folder.  I also have the contentpatch file in my regular mods folder right alongside awesomemod.    Removing my overrides folder gets rid of the blank thumbnails, they show up when I put it back in.

Other than your fixes I have Clara's unlocked stencils in my overrides folder, but removing them seems to have no effect.  I'm not sure what the blank thumbnails are supposed to be, I know two of them are sinks...  One is priced at $400, and may be a duplicate of another $400 sink, however the other has a price different than the others, so not a duplicate, and I haven't a clue which one it's supposed to be.  There are others that show up as blanks, I just mention the sinks because they are the first ones I notice.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2012 December 21, 17:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually that just means one of two things: you're missing something that I fixed or you have a decrap/vanilla mismatch for that item. I can't say there should be anything for sinks in there, and if it's the stencils thing then you most likely have decrap/vanilla mismatch. Have you tried testing what's in your overrides folder one by one?

KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2012 December 21, 17:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually that just means one of two things: you're missing something that I fixed or you have a decrap/vanilla mismatch for that item. I can't say there should be anything for sinks in there, and if it's the stencils thing then you most likely have decrap/vanilla mismatch. Have you tried testing what's in your overrides folder one by one?

Okay, first I was wrong about the location of ContentPatch.package ...  I was moving things around, and when I said removing my overrides folder got rid of the blank thumbnails, at that time I had this file in there.

Having said that, I have completely narrowed it down to ContentPatch.package as what is causing my blank thumbnails.  That file, even without any other overrides or fixes will cause the blanks to show up.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: 2012 December 21, 17:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, first I was wrong about the location of ContentPatch.package ...  I was moving things around, and when I said removing my overrides folder got rid of the blank thumbnails, at that time I had this file in there.

Having said that, I have completely narrowed it down to ContentPatch.package as what is causing my blank thumbnails.  That file, even without any other overrides or fixes will cause the blanks to show up.

Same thing that happened to me (mine is decrapped, for the record) but just as KT said when I reported it, it doesn't appear to be causing any other issues, just the blank thumbnails.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 2012 December 21, 18:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing that happened to me (mine is decrapped, for the record) but just as KT said when I reported it, it doesn't appear to be causing any other issues, just the blank thumbnails.

Good to know... So I'm probably just missing something, and nothing is being hidden from me.  Now it's going to forever bug me until I find out what it is. I could have sworn I actually had everything.

Real quick while I'm posting here, I've only recently started using your fixes, and up until now I've had .package fixes for things like the spellbook and pet shop.  For the pet shop I have 3 files, the pet shop package,  a pet shop merged package, and the register fix...   Is it safe to assume, now that I'm using your store fixes I can safely remove this extra crap and stick with the sims3pack version like I do everything else? I have no clue what was going on with the petshop at the time that caused me to get those files, when I have untouched sims3packs of everything else that I decrap before installing. 

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2012 December 21, 18:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know... So I'm probably just missing something, and nothing is being hidden from me.  Now it's going to forever bug me until I find out what it is. I could have sworn I actually had everything.

Real quick while I'm posting here, I've only recently started using your fixes, and up until now I've had .package fixes for things like the spellbook and pet shop.  For the pet shop I have 3 files, the pet shop package,  a pet shop merged package, and the register fix...   Is it safe to assume, now that I'm using your store fixes I can safely remove this extra crap and stick with the sims3pack version like I do everything else? I have no clue what was going on with the petshop at the time that caused me to get those files, when I have untouched sims3packs of everything else that I decrap before installing. 

Should be, I don't use any of that other stuff and my pet shop works fine. You can use this tool to figure out what you don't have, http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/s3s-browser.

KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: 2012 December 21, 18:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be, I don't use any of that other stuff and my pet shop works fine. You can use this tool to figure out what you don't have, http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/s3s-browser.

So I just spent some time trying to find out exactly which sinks those blanks were for, and it appears they are sinks that I do indeed have! Crinrict's tool (Thank you, btw) lists 19 sinks, the EA store lists 19 sinks.  I counted out the amount of store-labeled sinks I have in game, 19.  Yet I show two blank sink thumbnails from that content patch... I will have to investigate further on some of the odd-priced items I have in the game with other categories.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2012 December 21, 21:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I just spent some time trying to find out exactly which sinks those blanks were for, and it appears they are sinks that I do indeed have! Crinrict's tool (Thank you, btw) lists 19 sinks, the EA store lists 19 sinks.  I counted out the amount of store-labeled sinks I have in game, 19.  Yet I show two blank sink thumbnails from that content patch... I will have to investigate further on some of the odd-priced items I have in the game with other categories.

They are most likely decrap/vanilla mismatches then, a decrapped store item is seen as diferent object in game.

SimLife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2012 December 22, 00:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Replace the decrapped Contentpatch.package with a non-decrapped version, and everything will work fine.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 2012 December 22, 00:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Replace the decrapped Contentpatch.package with a non-decrapped version, and everything will work fine.
Only for the decrapped fences, I changed the group in the undecrapped Contentpatch.package to 0x00000000.
The Contentpatch has very hight priority, in my game higher than overidges folder.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 22, 01:05:41 by Heli » Logged
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2012 December 26, 01:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be a stupid question but the lemonade stand is new right its not the kids stand to sell stuff. Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: