More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:23:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780241 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.15.2012)
« Reply #525 on: 2012 November 16, 06:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP.

Didn't Inj make glass or invisible floor tiles?  You could make a flat roof, pave it with those, and then put the toppers on, maybe.

That's probably the best bet right noa, only downside to that is the snow will still pile up on the glass floor/roof. This is just bad quality control, who would of thought to make the Seasons themed store set compatible with Seasons.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2012 November 16, 08:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP.

Didn't Inj make glass or invisible floor tiles?  You could make a flat roof, pave it with those, and then put the toppers on, maybe.

That's probably the best bet right noa, only downside to that is the snow will still pile up on the glass floor/roof. This is just bad quality control, who would of thought to make the Seasons themed store set compatible with Seasons.

*smacks nose with newspaper*

NO! You do great work and I'mma let you finish, but this is just... no.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.13.2012)
« Reply #527 on: 2012 November 16, 10:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should probably mention now updated for 1.42.  Wink

Your 1.42 update fixes the problem with festival foods not showing up on the menu with the concession stand.

It fixes it because using the 1.38 version of the Store Fixes mod (and any other mod that alters the Register XML from 1.38) with patch 1.42 is what caused the new registers not to show the food in the first place. If there's another register added to the game in a future expansion, you can just temporarily delete the Register XML in KT's fixes mod to get your new registers to work until KT updates his mod.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2012 November 16, 14:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP.

Didn't Inj make glass or invisible floor tiles?  You could make a flat roof, pave it with those, and then put the toppers on, maybe.

*smacks nose with newspaper*

NO! You do great work and I'mma let you finish, but this is just... no.

When introducing former AIDEs to your current AIDE, you have to lower them into the tank in separate plastic bags to acclimate them, otherwise they'll fight.

ETA:  Inj modified her glass floor to become invisible as a fix for the greenhouse.  You can pick it up here.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 16, 21:33:57 by jezzer » Logged

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
awesomegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2012 November 17, 01:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA:  Inj modified her glass floor to become invisible as a fix for the greenhouse.  You can pick it up here.
Thank you, but doesn't that make it consider the greenhouse as indoors?  
Kissing_Toast's fixes always work beautifully, I'd be very grateful if he fixes that.  
That's ridiculous, here the SimGuru simply changed the topic and they're all happy like nothing has ever happened.  Angry
« Last Edit: 2012 November 18, 01:49:38 by awsomegirl » Logged

A good priest is a dead priest.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2012 November 17, 03:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA:  Inj modified her glass floor to become invisible as a fix for the greenhouse.  You can pick it up here.
Thank you, but doesn't that make it consider the greenhouse as indoors?  Huh

Yup. I think somebody mentioned this in Inge's post, but I don't think the game allows you to plant things inside areas that are designated "inside". So EA's greenhouse seems kinda useless, particularly for players with Seasons.

One way you could sort of get around this (I was toying with building a greenhouse before Seasons, but haven't gotten around to it yet) would be to plant them outside, and move them inside the greenhouse manually in buy mode. You'd need moveobjects on to do it. I'm not sure what would happen to the plants, so you might want to back up if your Sim has a really prized garden or something.

I sing along with elevator music.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2012 November 17, 04:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the BBS thread, as long as a certain percentage of the room is covered, it's considered sheltered from weather.  You can delete out a few ceiling tiles, and it should work.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2012 November 17, 04:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this whole "green house" business is a sham and was always meant to be. You can't plant plants inside, using "moveobjects" will give you route failure when you direct your sim to do anything to it. Not to mention the fake roofs that they're "working on" to fix. I usually don't bitch and moan too much about stuff like this but I was really looking forward to real green houses like in the Sims 2.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2012 November 17, 04:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. There goes my idea, then.

I usually don't bitch and moan too much about stuff like this but I was really looking forward to real green houses like in the Sims 2.

Same here. I'm really disappointed that my sims won't be able to garden in the winter. Goddammit, EA, why are you so incapable of making things that work?

I sing along with elevator music.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2012 November 17, 07:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've roofed over (and then made invisible) a couple of gardening workstations. I'll let you know how it goes.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2012 November 17, 22:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if you roof the greehouse does it make it weather proof? Undecided
 Nevermind I found a fix I didn't notice it was on here when I posted.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 17, 23:25:42 by Tia » Logged
Martine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.01.2012)
« Reply #536 on: 2012 November 18, 17:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, which Twallan mod supposedly conflicts with this? I wasn't aware his mods even touched the Store crap.
The Hybrid mod to make your sims more then one occult.

I had some trouble getting the new 1.42 version to work, after some testing I found out that it somehow conflicts with NRAAS' Master Controller (the 'ccmerged file fix' still works though, it's just the invisible accessories problem). Anyone able to reproduce this problem? I'm using decrapped files and Awesomemod, so I'm using 3 out of 4 files.

I like kitties.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2012 November 18, 20:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Retro Model T Dining Chair from the Mid-century Modern Dining & Style set is still borked. The "fixed files uploaded to the "Downloads" thread are still borked. Either the re-uploaded Drifter's Desire set isn't the correct file or EA simply fucked up again, either way the chair still gives a routing error and is unusable unless people use the old file which is no longer avilable here. If you care to take a look at it, I'll re-upload the file.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2012 November 18, 21:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that too when EA "updated" that set.  I didn't think it was worth pointing it out.  When the set first came out, the chair was ok & the teen fish dress was missing the stencils that the adult version has.  EA "updated" the set and I took out the old one and replaced it with the new version (package of course) and when I got into my game, I tried out the chair (I heard reports that your sim couldn't sit in it) and sure enough my sim couldn't use it.  So, I put back the 1st version, took out that messed up teen dress in that package, & bought the fixed version by itself.  I figure EA isn't going to look into it.  They might if enough people report it, but, even so, it would take several weeks for them to fix it and re-release it.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2012 November 18, 21:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that too when EA "updated" that set.  I didn't think it was worth pointing it out.  When the set first came out, the chair was ok & the teen fish dress was missing the stencils that the adult version has.  EA "updated" the set and I took out the old one and replaced it with the new version (package of course) and when I got into my game, I tried out the chair (I heard reports that your sim couldn't sit in it) and sure enough my sim couldn't use it.  So, I put back the 1st version, took out that messed up teen dress in that package, & bought the fixed version by itself.  I figure EA isn't going to look into it.  They might if enough people report it, but, even so, it would take several weeks for them to fix it and re-release it.

Could you please upload the fixed standalone teen dress?

awesomegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2012 November 18, 21:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get a working greenhouse, do these steps:
1.If you haven't built your greenhouse yet, plant seeds first and then make the greenhouse over the garden. (Of course you'll need Inge's invisible rugs to roof the place.)
2.If you have built and roofed your own greenhouse already or you're using EA's, remove a wall, do step 1 and then rebuild the wall. It's not counted a fix, but it'll do the trick.
*Tested*
« Last Edit: 2012 November 19, 03:46:19 by awsomegirl » Logged

A good priest is a dead priest.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2012 November 19, 03:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the working chair is in the first release of the set with the broken dress, and the second release has a broken chair but fixed dress??? If this is the case I'll look to see what was changed for the chair and add a fix for both items so that no matter which set is installed they'll work. Sound good?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2012 November 19, 04:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the BBS said that Sims will plant indoors if you have "Moveobjects" toggled on.  Give me a chance to test that out.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 19, 13:50:22 by jezzer » Logged

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2012 November 19, 04:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the BBS said that Sims will plant indoors if you have "Moveobjects" toggled on.  Give me a change to test that out.

And I heard someone on the BBS say that you get route fail, we need to reevaluate our sources here me thinks.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2012 November 19, 13:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the BBS said that Sims will plant indoors if you have "Moveobjects" toggled on.  Give me a chance to test that out.

And I heard someone on the BBS say that you get route fail, we need to reevaluate our sources here me thinks.

That's why I said, "Let me test it."  Tongue

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2012 November 19, 15:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the working chair is in the first release of the set with the broken dress, and the second release has a broken chair but fixed dress??? If this is the case I'll look to see what was changed for the chair and add a fix for both items so that no matter which set is installed they'll work. Sound good?

That sounds awesome KT! Where in the world would we be without you. In the mean time I posted a workaround.

beansontoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2012 November 19, 20:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC the second set includes 2 copies of the same chair, which is what causes the borked-ness of the chair.
I thought I read that the issue had be resolved- but now I can't seem to find the post.

Here's just the chair, for people who want to uninstall the borked chairs with the launcher
http://www.mediafire.com/?bab67ka33vfis9d

Here's the fixed teen dress
http://www.mediafire.com/?418f21si4lcs25k
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2012 November 19, 20:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't the Gypsy set have something to do with breaking the chair as well or am I just making things up? I could have sworn that's what I read somewhere. Either way when I get some time I'm going to do some testing, maybe tonight? I just don't feel like dealing with the launcher having to uninstall/re-install stuff, it's such a pain.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2012 November 19, 22:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understood, the gypsy set came with a copy of the Mid-century chair. According to someone who tested both sets, the chair doesn't get borked despite both being installed. these would be the old files of the Drifter's desire and Mid-century dining sets. The problem is the new file of the Mid-century dining set. They fixed the Drifter's desire by removing the extra chair and fixed the thumbnail of picnic table. They fixed the Mid-century dining by adding the missing stencils and then borking the chair.

I tested this one pretty thoroughly. The file for the dining chair is only corrupt in the updated Mid-Century Set. Both the individual download of the dining chair, as well as the one incorrectly included in the October set are both fully functioning.

Quoted from the thread jaldeer posted a while ago.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: 2012 November 19, 23:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I finally managed to get a right-shaped cutout for the greenhouse roofs themselves so you don't have to mess about with the invisible rugs (available now at my site).  Would be interested to know where the snow piles up using those instead.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: