More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:17:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780527 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 05.20.2012)
« Reply #150 on: 2012 May 21, 23:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That one is also mine just repackaged. If you were to use all three files I provided you would have the same exact thing. The only thing they did was removed the KEY file so that you have no idea what object each piece belongs to. I do realize that it seems that everybody's game responds differently to stuff, what with all the different ways to install cc and all the different combinations of mods and what-not. As long as you get it to work is all that matters.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2012 May 22, 06:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The deep fryer reset bug is still there with the latest 2 patch files (StoreFixes/UnAwesome Store Fixes)The Sim goes to use the deep fryer and the sim uses it but right before whatever is in the deep fryer is about to finish cooking, the sim cancels the the action of cooking and resets by doing the same action again in an endless loop.

My store content is all installed via the launcher and I have my own ccmerged file in my DCBackup folder.

Try this: cut and paste your DCBackup folder to the desktop. Then create a new DCBackup folder and download the ccmerged_decrapped file here and put it in your new DCBackup folder. See if that works. The UNKN resource in the ccmerged.package contains the recipe list for the deep fryer. Perhaps yours is borked in some way.

ETA: The fix from The sims 3 Contents does contain this UNKN file, which explains why the fix worked for imyourboy. Most likely his ccmerged.package is incomplete, empty, or doesn't have the correct group ID.
« Last Edit: 2012 May 22, 06:25:43 by notouching » Logged
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2012 May 22, 06:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what happens with an unholy hybrid of crapped and decrapped items?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2012 May 22, 07:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing special. Everyone needs the same exact resources in the ccmerged.packaged, and these resources must have the store group ID. Decrapping removes the store group ID, which is why the objects stop functioning properly. Of course, you may need to make sure you have the right ccmerged whenever you install new premium content.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2012 May 22, 13:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing special. Everyone needs the same exact resources in the ccmerged.packaged, and these resources must have the store group ID. Decrapping removes the store group ID, which is why the objects stop functioning properly. Of course, you may need to make sure you have the right ccmerged whenever you install new premium content.

Just to add something to this; decrapping doesn't change the TGI's for any file in the ccmerged package. It only changes what needs to be to make the game think it's not a store item. So for example if I used a decrapped tablet and a packaged tablet they both would be using the same exact buff file. As far as premium content goes the fix is only needed if you're using arr'd stuff, legit stuff should work just fine. There's nothing in the files to suggest otherwise, even though people do have problems with legit objects.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2012 May 22, 16:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add something to this; decrapping doesn't change the TGI's for any file in the ccmerged package. It only changes what needs to be to make the game think it's not a store item. So for example if I used a decrapped tablet and a packaged tablet they both would be using the same exact buff file. As far as premium content goes the fix is only needed if you're using arr'd stuff, legit stuff should work just fine. There's nothing in the files to suggest otherwise, even though people do have problems with legit objects.

When I install my legit premium content, the group ID is the store group ID. Are you sure you didn't have a rogue de-crapped object somewhere when you tested? Legit stuff will of course work fine, assuming the one has not deleted one's ccmerged.package. Then legit stuff will break as well. Fixing the ccmerged is easy though, even for somebody who is not smart enough to keep a back up of store content.
Miss Malevolent
Asinine Airhead

Bitch³

View Profile WWW
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 05.17.2012)
« Reply #156 on: 2012 May 23, 07:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the one I use, didn't bother getting the later versions since everything works top notch for me with this one.

Thanks so much, everything (except the phone) is back working again. Whew! SO HAPPY!

"We're going to have a historic election regardless. We're gonna elect either our oldest president ever, or our first African American president, or our first woman president."
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2012 May 23, 11:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the one I use, didn't bother getting the later versions since everything works top notch for me with this one.

Thanks so much, everything (except the phone) is back working again. Whew! SO HAPPY!

Most likely you have installed an old version of the generations registration pack. EA fixed the phone not too long after they released the pack. Now it is only broken for people who decrap their sims3packs.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2012 May 23, 12:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA fixed the phone not too long after they released the pack. Now it is only broken for people who decrap their sims3packs.

i.e. ALMOST EVERYONE HERE.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2012 May 23, 14:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA fixed the phone not too long after they released the pack. Now it is only broken for people who decrap their sims3packs.

i.e. ALMOST EVERYONE HERE.

True. I should have added "unless you use KT's store fix." So new generations reg pack + KT's store fix = working Vintage Rotary phone.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 05.23.2012)
« Reply #160 on: 2012 May 23, 15:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP. I've added an actual fix, not a decrap thing, for the Vineyard Vittles table that had problems with the middle slots. EA gave the table the wrong script class, womp womp. I've included both the vanilla and decrapped fixed file so one size fits all.

Miss Malevolent
Asinine Airhead

Bitch³

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2012 May 23, 16:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. I should have added "unless you use KT's store fix." So new generations reg pack + KT's store fix = working Vintage Rotary phone.

I have KT's fix, and everything works but that phone. *shrug* Dunno why, and more to the point, no big deal...I'm just glad everything else works.

"We're going to have a historic election regardless. We're gonna elect either our oldest president ever, or our first African American president, or our first woman president."
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2012 May 23, 19:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have KT's fix, and everything works but that phone. *shrug* Dunno why, and more to the point, no big deal...I'm just glad everything else works.

Maybe your Phone is missing the needed script to work like it should. Try the attachment and see if it works.

* PhoneTableMidCModsuite_Script.package (3.84 KB - downloaded 313 times.)
Miss Malevolent
Asinine Airhead

Bitch³

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 2012 May 29, 05:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe your Phone is missing the needed script to work like it should. Try the attachment and see if it works.

Yep, that worked. Thank you!
« Last Edit: 2012 May 29, 16:01:54 by Miss Malevolent » Logged

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 05.31.2012)
« Reply #164 on: 2012 June 01, 04:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP.

ILikeChocolateMilk
Asinine Airhead

I like choklit milk

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2012 June 01, 15:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used every Store Fix you have published, and although it worked miracles for my Tablet and Ice Cream Making Machine it does absolutely nothing for my Deep Fryer. It did at some point, but even then it would mess up every person in my town. I'm not saying that your fix is at fault, I'm just saying that the stupid thing does not work. If I tell my sim to go and deep fry something, they will begin the process and will start acting like it's a child and will do that stupid "cuddly crap" with the deep fryer saying stuff like "AWWWWW!!". And then, when the food is almost done, the sim will reset and the food won't be edible. The food sits on the handle of the deep fryer and my sim has to start the process over. But the food is never finished. I have some Error Scrips from NRAAS Error Trap if that would help. If you would like for me to post a video of what is happening I will try my hardest to do that as well. I'm not all that great with uploading stuff.

If you look in the mirror and dislike what you see, simply get plastic surgery. BWAH HA HA HA HAA!!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2012 June 01, 15:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no clue why that would happen. You're not using a mod that lets sims talk to appliances are you? I also thought that Nrass is currently incompatible with the premium contents?

ILikeChocolateMilk
Asinine Airhead

I like choklit milk

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2012 June 01, 16:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't even know there was a mod that let's you talk to appliances to be honest. Huh, but as far as the NRAAS mods being incompatible with all premium content, IDK if that's true. All other premium items work. Except the got dangit deep fryer.

If you look in the mirror and dislike what you see, simply get plastic surgery. BWAH HA HA HA HAA!!
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2012 June 01, 20:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also thought that Nrass is currently incompatible with the premium contents?

I use pretty much all Nraas mods and have no problem with premium content.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2012 June 01, 21:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using all of NRAAS Mods and I finally got all the premium content to work as I stated earlier in this thread.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2012 June 01, 21:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I read something about either over watch or error trap not working with something, can't refind the thread I saw that in. I don't use his mods so IDK.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2012 June 01, 22:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a user report that one of the Overwatch functions conflicted with Tabcasts, but that's still pretty much hearsay, as there is no way of knowing whether or not that person knows the first thing about troubleshooting.  For what it's worth, it's not listed in the Known Issues by Twallan.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2012 June 01, 23:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DERP. I use the overwatch too and the tabcasts work fine.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2012 June 02, 00:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they conflict. I use both fine, too.

I sing along with elevator music.
Xav
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2012 June 02, 02:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan commented on the deep fryer reset error before:
The log is in regards to a number of broken references being stored by the Deep Fryer object.

That object is not particularly well written, and has been known to cause problems for many users.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: