More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:17:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780108 times)
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.23.2012)
« Reply #50 on: 2012 March 23, 09:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is seriously stuffed up with the Cellar Arch from the store, I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, apoligies if it has been, but this is what I am talking about:
*snip*
Why is it a light (the light aiming towards the back there is from the arch itself, at nighttime) and have the horrible gaps? I don't ever recall having this issue in the past. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it's still like this.

This is a bug that EA actually fixed, but you need the updated sims3pack. Try using this one, which virgali linked in the TS3 Store fixes thread: http://www.mediafire.com/?wnh5t8sq7w72imu
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2012 March 23, 10:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is seriously stuffed up with the Cellar Arch from the store, I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, apoligies if it has been, but this is what I am talking about:
*snip*
Why is it a light (the light aiming towards the back there is from the arch itself, at nighttime) and have the horrible gaps? I don't ever recall having this issue in the past. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it's still like this.

This is a bug that EA actually fixed, but you need the updated sims3pack. Try using this one, which virgali linked in the TS3 Store fixes thread: http://www.mediafire.com/?wnh5t8sq7w72imu

Ah cheers, did not see that, I only just today went to use the arch again after not using it for ages.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2012 March 23, 14:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*

Ah cheers, did not see that, I only just today went to use the arch again after not using it for ages.

Glad you asked that, I was about to try to fix that next.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2012 March 23, 15:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad. I kept making a mental note to test the Cellar Arch in-game but I keep on forgetting. I had it linked under the "questionable" section since it's from an old post I found buried somewhere and I didn't really know the entire story so to speak. I moved it now to the proper fix section.

Just a quick question about your new fix file KT. I'm still using notouching's file since my sims still reset at the SB with yours but I'll have to download your new file for the window fixes and such to work. So I was wondering if you made any changes to the SB at all. Maybe notouching would like to change his file to match yours but it isn't really necessary. Simon's original Spellbook fix worked for me along with yours.

I'm just wondering since I'll have to update the store fix thread since notouching's file is technically outdated.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2012 March 23, 15:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad. I kept making a mental note to test the Cellar Arch in-game but I keep on forgetting. I had it linked under the "questionable" section since it's from an old post I found buried somewhere and I didn't really know the entire story so to speak. I moved it now to the proper fix section.

Just a quick question about your new fix file KT. I'm still using notouching's file since my sims still reset at the SB with yours but I'll have to download your new file for the window fixes and such to work. So I was wondering if you made any changes to the SB at all. Maybe notouching would like to change his file to match yours but it isn't really necessary. Simon's original Spellbook fix worked for me along with yours.

I'm just wondering since I'll have to update the store fix thread since notouching's file is technically outdated.

It's not outdated at all. I update it whenever KT updates his fix. I don't need to change the URL because box.net has a nice "version" feature that lets me upload a new version of a file without changing the url.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2012 March 23, 15:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not outdated at all. I update it whenever KT updates his fix. I don't need to change the URL because box.net has a nice "version" feature that lets me upload a new version of a file without changing the url.

I can easily add the SKL file to mine if you want, to make things easier. Is it any different than the original file? What is changed?

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2012 March 23, 15:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*

I can easily add the SKL file to mine if you want, to make things easier. Is it any different than the original file? What is changed?

It's exactly the same as the SKIL resource in the s3rc'd package. The only thing I'm unsure about is the UNKN file that Simon included in his fix. I have been testing with and without it, and there doesn't seem to be a difference, so I've been leaving it out.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2012 March 23, 15:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad.This will teach me not to assume.  Embarrassed

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2012 March 23, 16:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad.This will teach me not to assume.  Embarrassed

No harsh feelings. You also picked the wrong pronoun for me.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2012 March 23, 17:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*

It's exactly the same as the SKIL resource in the s3rc'd package. The only thing I'm unsure about is the UNKN file that Simon included in his fix. I have been testing with and without it, and there doesn't seem to be a difference, so I've been leaving it out.

It is the same exact thing as included in the original. I'm not going to add it to my fix only because it needs to be decrapped if that's how you have the spellbook installed.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2012 March 23, 17:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*

It is the same exact thing as included in the original. I'm not going to add it to my fix only because it needs to be decrapped if that's how you have the spellbook installed.

I think not de-crapping it is why it is working (in the same vein as not de-crapping the fruit for the tree of prosperity). My spellbook is de-crapped and I don't decrap this file.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2012 March 23, 17:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*

I think not de-crapping it is why it is working (in the same vein as not de-crapping the fruit for the tree of prosperity). My spellbook is de-crapped and I don't decrap this file.

Could you do me a favor and give me a save file of yours with a sim that can't use the spellbook? I have never had this issue, granted I've only tested the book in fresh neighborhoods with fresh sims.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2012 March 23, 17:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you do me a favor and give me a save file of yours with a sim that can't use the spellbook? I have never had this issue, granted I've only tested the book in fresh neighborhoods with fresh sims.

Edit: Because my sentences were horrifyingly broken. Take two: Usually I install the premium objects after a fresh install. This means that I won't have any mods or cc in the game. The very first thing I do is install the store items. I usually either start playing the sims and then make a clean test world or I do that right away. I plop all the premium content on a lot and test to see if they are all working properly.

KT, have you ever tested the SB without AM? While I was digging up stuff from the tech thread I found a post about AM having a built-in fix for the SB just as it has for the AMB reg. rewards and the pets cash register.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 23, 19:35:57 by virgali » Logged

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2012 March 23, 18:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just recently cleaned out a bunch of saves, so I've only managed to find one that has a spell book. Unfortunately, that save is from last August, and back then I had the untouched spell book installed (I purchased the Gothique Library). That is actually the save where the problem started, though. I could use the spell book fine. I saved, quit and reloaded the game (I had Save Error 12 issues back then) and suddenly my sims started resetting when using the spell book. A little while later I re-installed everything as de-crapped sims3packs, but I abandoned that game. I don't know if you want that save since the spell book wasn't de-crapped then. I suppose you could just de-crap the save but I don't know if that would defy the purpose of sending you my broken save.

I can start a new game and send you that if you like. Lately not even un-installing and re-installing will make the spell book work more than once without the fix.

Edit: Here's a fresh hood with a broken Spell Book.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 23, 19:02:06 by notouching » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2012 March 25, 02:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, have you ever tested the SB without AM? While I was digging up stuff from the tech thread I found a post about AM having a built-in fix for the SB just as it has for the AMB reg. rewards and the pets cash register.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! That's it. I tried notouching's save; with Am it works, without AM it doesn't and without AM but with the skill file it does. When I update the AMB rewards thing and figure out the pet cash register thing I'll add those to it. I always just figure that we're on MATY so everyone uses AM.

Added stuffs.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 25, 04:55:38 by kissing_toast » Logged

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2012 March 25, 07:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! That's it. I tried notouching's save; with Am it works, without AM it doesn't and without AM but with the skill file it does. When I update the AMB rewards thing and figure out the pet cash register thing I'll add those to it. I always just figure that we're on MATY so everyone uses AM.

Added stuffs.

Ah, I'm glad that's resolved then. Even though I don't use AM I come here for the store items and there's also a lot of useful information about the game. Of course yours is a valid assumption. I also admit that I don't like when "small fixes/features" are added to "big mods". So far that's the only thing I don't like from the modding community when it comes to TS3. everything gets thrown in together which means if you can't use the mod because a big feature is glitching you also have to miss out on the other small fixes and features that aren't clashing with anything else. Since I don't know the first thing about modding and don't have the patience to learn I just shut up and don't use the mods.

ETA: I currently am using an unholy hybrid of decrapped stuff along with undecrapped the AMB rewards (I own the EP) will V8 Unawesome cause me any troubles?
« Last Edit: 2012 March 25, 12:24:55 by virgali » Logged

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.25.2012)
« Reply #66 on: 2012 March 25, 10:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, KT. Actually, I posted in the AM bug thread not too long ago because I was using AM but still got the spell book reset bug. I tried un-installing and re-installing the spell book but was still seeing it with AM installed. Maybe I just need to do a new re-install of all of my store content.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2012 March 25, 12:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't virgali, all that mod does is make a few EP2 references to BaseGame references. If I recall correctly it changes two inventions, two sculptures, three interior design jobs and a handfull of opportunities.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2012 March 25, 12:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't virgali, all that mod does is make a few EP2 references to BaseGame references. If I recall correctly it changes two inventions, two sculptures, three interior design jobs and a handfull of opportunities.

Good to know. *Hits button repeatedly* Baaaah, baaaah.

ETA: I'm being a n00b but I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I uninstalled the old Cellar Arch file. I did through the launcher and then I checked to see if the file is still in the downloads folder and it indeed got deleted. I decrapped and installed the new Cellar Arch but I still have that horrible gap in-game. Should I just make a package file of the object and add that to the mods folder?
« Last Edit: 2012 March 25, 12:48:15 by virgali » Logged

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2012 March 25, 16:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: I'm being a n00b but I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I uninstalled the old Cellar Arch file. I did through the launcher and then I checked to see if the file is still in the downloads folder and it indeed got deleted. I decrapped and installed the new Cellar Arch but I still have that horrible gap in-game. Should I just make a package file of the object and add that to the mods folder?

You might need to delete your compositorcache. You could try using this file. It's an untouched sims3pack of the arch. Otherwise, you could go and get it from the store, since you said you owned ambitions. It's free.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2012 March 25, 19:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might need to delete your compositorcache. You could try using this file. It's an untouched sims3pack of the arch. Otherwise, you could go and get it from the store, since you said you owned ambitions. It's free.

Rofl. I didn't know what "set" it belonged to. I understand what I'm doing wrong. I wasn't supposed to decrap the file. I did have a fresh new copy btw. I noticed the file size is different.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2012 March 25, 23:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent a good chunk of last night hunting down that fucker(the Cellar Arch) in my launcher, naturally it had to be in the sixth DCB file I looked in. The arch is free at the store and it doesn't have a set.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2012 March 25, 23:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent a good chunk of last night hunting down that fucker(the Cellar Arch) in my launcher, naturally it had to be in the sixth DCB file I looked in. The arch is free at the store and it doesn't have a set.

I found a work around from having to do that. Attempt to install it again, it will tell you "this is already installed blah blah", go under your Installed section, and it will now be the top item in the launcher!

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2012 March 26, 09:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a work around from having to do that. Attempt to install it again, it will tell you "this is already installed blah blah", go under your Installed section, and it will now be the top item in the launcher!

Did you get the Cellar Arch fixed? No matter what I do it won't work. I use fresh copies but the gap is still there. *Le sigh*

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2012 March 26, 10:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you get the Cellar Arch fixed? No matter what I do it won't work. I use fresh copies but the gap is still there. *Le sigh*

Yah, I just told my launcher to install the pack posted above, it told me "No it exists", so then I went under installed, and it was there at the top, uninstalled it, and reinstalled the pack (that I should note was decrapped), worked like a charm, my cellar arch is fixed.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: