More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 03:15:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1778040 times)
mephlabs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Premium Content Fix (updated 03.14.2012)
« Reply #25 on: 2012 March 20, 03:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@morriganart: I get it the same day that appears, so i think is the first version, i'm getting the BarnacleBayDDSet (http://www.mediafire.com/?9a01nt4p7yp9vux), and i'll be testing it right away, and telling if is the clue of this madness. Huh

Edit: Yep, you're right, the stairs are only included in the BarnacleBayDDSet.simpack (http://www.mediafire.com/?9a01nt4p7yp9vux), thanks for the solution.

(I'm still looking for the Pet's Cash Register)
« Last Edit: 2012 March 20, 04:17:09 by mephlabs » Logged
afsvfaf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012 March 20, 07:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm not stupid.  Angry
I looked around and found some Fixes for the fences, but not for all. The "Guardian Fence" and the "Fuzzy Friends Fence" are not in the game. I have all the stuff decrapified and installed via the Launcher, and it works for me.

What I wanted to say is that it would be nice to include all the Fixes in your package.

The Spellbook will work if you use this fix too:
http://www.4shared.com/archive/rH4WLDsp/spellbook_fix.html

One last thing I mentioned, some of the windows have have gaps around them in the wall (I think the Gothic ones).
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012 March 20, 07:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm not stupid.  Angry
I looked around and found some Fixes for the fences, but not for all. The "Guardian Fence" and the "Fuzzy Friends Fence" are not in the game. I have all the stuff decrapified and installed via the Launcher, and it works for me.

What I wanted to say is that it would be nice to include all the Fixes in your package.

The Spellbook will work if you use this fix too:
http://www.4shared.com/archive/rH4WLDsp/spellbook_fix.html

One last thing I mentioned, some of the windows have have gaps around them in the wall (I think the Gothic ones).

You obviously are stupid, because it's there, and I know it's there because I was the one who requested the fix for them both. Also why should he cater to the lazy people who can't look for the fixes that are already on here. His mod clearly is for the Premium Content, which is the content that has special animations and so forth.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 20, 07:44:26 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
afsvfaf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012 March 20, 08:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh sorry!

I know what premium means, and why don't you show it to me, if I'm as stupid as you mean?  Cry
Don't want to read more than 90 pages in search for it, this needs organisation.

I think the Pet's Cash Register Fix is here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18888.msg581878.html#msg581878

And sorry, I didn't ever know that there are two packages of Barnacle Bay exist.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 20, 08:32:48 by enmercy » Logged
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012 March 20, 08:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh sorry!

I know what premium means, and why don't you show it to me, if I'm as stupid as you mean?  Cry
Don't want to read more than 90 pages in search for it, this needs organisation.

*snip*
Why should I show you? Not my fault you're too lazy to look, and considering the thread itself has not even hit 90 pages long, I really doubt you would be going that far. Here's a tip, try going back until around the date of those items releases on the thread, and then start from there.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012 March 20, 09:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason i have all the items from barnacle and the world also working, but the stairs just aren't there:
The ones that appear here:
<snip>

I might have figured it out. Does your world sims3pack have the name "BarnacleBayDDSet.Sims3Pack" or "BarnacleBay.Sims3Pack"? The First has the stairs, the second doesn't. The second one is just the world and was the first released, the first is the one available now, bundled with the Buccaneer Bounty set(BuccaneerSet.Sims3Pack) and the two stairs that are unique to that pack.

I'm sorry to keep on discussing a subject that clearly doesn't belong in this thread but I have the BB "Retailset". Does that one have the extra stairs? I believe the old file wasn't named "retail". I did recently download all the Store content from the download's thread so I assumed I had the newer version of BB. Both stairs are in the retail set. I completely forget to post this.

About the store content fixes, Witch did ask whether to make a separate thread for those which at the time was decided against in order to keep all store related content in the same thread. Personally I think we need a separate thread for these fixes. There are too many items "borked" in the store some that supposedly got fixed or will be fixed by store patches. Since we have several methods of installing the store stuff we have different kind of borkage that can be fixed in different ways. It's also easier to keep track of which fixes are obsolete and which aren't.

I wouldn't mind going through the threads and compile proper documentation in a separate thread myself. Provided people will help me by pointing out any inconsistencies when it's done so I can edit it and keep it up to date.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 22, 18:52:16 by virgali » Logged

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012 March 20, 11:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for volunteering.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012 March 20, 17:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry to keep on discussing a subject that clearly doesn't belong in this thread but I have the BB "Retailset". Does that one have the extra stairs? I believe the old file wasn't named "retail". I did recently download all the Store content from the download's thread so I assumed I had the newer version of BB.

I have no idea about the retail set or why they would give it a different name. One would assume it is the same as the BBDDset, as the one they put a box and code out in stores is exactly the same pack. So have you checked on your own for the stairs? That seems like the best way to know if you have them. I even supplied the names up thread.

As for a thread with just the fixes, I am absolutely positive that if you had wrong info in it someone would point it out.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012 March 20, 20:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I'm still looking for the Pet's Cash Register)

You've already been told there's a workaround for the cash register on here.  Learn how to fucking search or do without it forever.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012 March 21, 03:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for these fixes. I am assuming that the overides folder would apply to all Store content mods which are in the package file format? I thought that it was you over at MTS who had made a few tweaks to the wall climbing item and was going to ask you there (I don't think it is you now though), but I don't know MTS's stance on Arr'd store content.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012 March 21, 04:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe the retail set is the set with the stairs. As for fences, once again, Pes fixed s3cr so that they appear, so if they're not showing up you need to update s3cr and reinstall them. Pes also added the fix for the Pets cash register in AM. I wouldn't mind adding fixes for other store items with these, it's just that I'm not going to add stuff I 1. didn't or can't make 2. don't understand or 3. are PEBCAK problems. I will look into the gothic windows and see what's going on. I also don't mind taking requests for actual problems, just ask, the worst I can say is no.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.21.2012)
« Reply #36 on: 2012 March 21, 17:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added some stuffs.

doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012 March 21, 19:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this only fixes what it says it fixes, i. e. problems with the animations of the objects, missing parts of them and the function of the objects themselves?

I got the compilation for February 2012 as one package (including the magic items) and I got very bad crashing problems in Bridgeport, which stopped when I removed the file (there was a whole area in the town which I could not click or even get close to anymore). I deleted a few other objects (which I had for longer though) and of course the compilation includes more than the magic stuff, but I am convinced that one or more of the magic items caused the crashing.
I have the spellbook in one merged package and recently installed Hidden Springs (retail version/pack) but I still have those and my game works again.
mephlabs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012 March 22, 03:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice again, but i'm having some problems with the SpellBook, don't know if this happens only to me or anyone that is using the fix that @Notouching provided (because the spellbook from KissingToasting package isn't working).

The problem consists if you fail by making a spell you get the correct moodlet but the name refers to a code like: 'moodlets/sims3/failedspell....etc.', and also a window shows that something in a file like 'sims3/sounds/failedspell'. I didn't get any screen i'll test again, just in case anyways.

Here's the screen what i got after trying to use a spell (also i'm getting 'Animal Feber' on the action stack list)

« Last Edit: 2012 March 22, 03:18:51 by mephlabs » Logged
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012 March 22, 08:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice again, but i'm having some problems with the SpellBook, don't know if this happens only to me or anyone that is using the fix that @Notouching provided (because the spellbook from KissingToasting package isn't working).

The problem consists if you fail by making a spell you get the correct moodlet but the name refers to a code like: 'moodlets/sims3/failedspell....etc.', and also a window shows that something in a file like 'sims3/sounds/failedspell'. I didn't get any screen i'll test again, just in case anyways.

*snip*

I'm not seeing this issue at all. Try re-installing your spell book. It has worked for other string failures. It may even remove the need for my version of KT's fix. The resource I added to the package is just the same exact resource from the spell book, no alterations at all.
Vkit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012 March 22, 10:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the CAS fix includes those stupid flippers that show up in every category and apparently available for random?
mephlabs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012 March 22, 18:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not seeing this issue at all. Try re-installing your spell book. It has worked for other string failures. It may even remove the need for my version of KT's fix. The resource I added to the package is just the same exact resource from the spell book, no alterations at all.

Only happens when The Sims Fails on doing the 'Mood Elevatus' Spell. I tried to reinstall and the same issue, so i'm downloading it from another site to check what's going on. (even maybe can be a language bug).

And about the fix, it's strange because the KissingToast V7 of the fix isn't working, but yours works (notouching) fine.
----------

Edit: I tried in 2 computers with the game in spanish, with 2 different downloads, and the same bug appear, so can someone try the following:

- Learn 'Mood Elevatus'
- Try to cast mood elevatus till the sims fails
- Check the Moodlet and anything strange

Because i'm thinking the bug comes with the fix or with the spanish language.

Thanks. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2012 March 22, 18:28:01 by mephlabs » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012 March 22, 18:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only happens when The Sims Fails on doing the 'Mood Elevatus' Spell. I tried to reinstall and the same issue, so i'm downloading it from another site to check what's going on. (even maybe can be a language bug).

And about the fix, it's strange because the KissingToast V7 of the fix isn't working, but yours works (notouching) fine.
----------

Edit: I tried in 2 computers with the game in spanish, with 2 different downloads, and the same bug appear, so can someone try the following:

- Learn 'Mood Elevatus'

Thanks. Smiley

Just checked, I'm not getting this. I get what it's supposed to say. The fix only touches the effects file for the spell book nothing to do with the scripts.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012 March 22, 18:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

----------

- Learn 'Mood Elevatus'

Thanks. Smiley

Well, the thing is, I actually tested it with the mood elevatus spell. I set the chance of success to 1% in XML and used the Mood Elevatus spell over and over.  It failed over and over, but I didn't have any problems with the buff named/tool tip. I also tested it with some older versions of the fix.

However, I just peeked into the STBLs and it IS a problem with the STBLs. The Spanish 14 STBL is completely broken.

Edit: Removed link to a fix that won't fix anything.

« Last Edit: 2012 March 22, 19:21:22 by notouching » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012 March 22, 19:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fix would not work.
English:STBL looks like this

[0F] 0x9865939C8DFC2389: {Variation.2}
   [11] 0x8224F0F197F5CE4E: Oops. Maybe I should review these spells a bit more.

[22] 0x9221E9CFCF817699: Cursed!
   [23] 0xAED2B6C5024B9B25: Being cursed is one of the many downsides of knowing a spellcaster
   [24] 0x0A08E1E472022C46: CursedStoreFirstPerson
   [25] 0xB96B399C32472968: Spell Casting
   [26] 0xA9D0BD45F3236D46: Spell Casting
   [27] 0x8A47A28F497C0151: Level Store 3
   [28] 0x169A4F44E9A75737: Level Store 5
   [29] 0xCDAE4E77A03D1509: Level Store 6
   [2A] 0x9242B5B8EB93216A: Level Store 7
   [2B] 0xCD9D4A77A02E9B1C: Level Store 10

German and all other :STBL look like this

[0F] 0x9865939C8DFC2389: Store/Objects/SpellBook:SpellFail
   [11] 0x8224F0F197F5CE4E: Huch, vielleicht sollte ich mir die Zauber noch mal etwas genauer ansehen.

[22] 0x9221E9CFCF817699: Gameplay/Excel/buffs/BuffList:CursedStore
   [23] 0xAED2B6C5024B9B25: Gameplay/Excel/buffs/BuffList:CursedStoreDescription
   [24] 0x0A08E1E472022C46: Gameplay/Excel/buffs/BuffList:CursedStoreFirstPerson
   [25] 0xB96B399C32472968: Gameplay/Excel/Skills/SkillList:CastingStore
   [26] 0xA9D0BD45F3236D46: Gameplay/Excel/Skills/SkillList:CastingStoreDescription
   [27] 0x8A47A28F497C0151: Gameplay/Excel/Skills/SkillList:AthleticLevelStoreThree
   [28] 0x169A4F44E9A75737: Gameplay/Excel/Skills/SkillList:AthleticLevelStoreFive
   [29] 0xCDAE4E77A03D1509: Gameplay/Excel/Skills/SkillList:AthleticLevelStoreSix
   [2A] 0x9242B5B8EB93216A: Gameplay/Excel/Skills/SkillList:AthleticLevelStoreSeven
   [2B] 0xCD9D4A77A02E9B1C: Gameplay/Excel/Skills/SkillList:AthleticLevelStoreTen

The STBL are not complete translated .

[0F] 0x9865939C8DFC2389 should point to [11] 0x8224F0F197F5CE4E but you get Store/Objects/SpellBook:SpellFail : like in the Picture posted above
« Last Edit: 2012 March 22, 19:52:28 by Havelock » Logged
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012 March 22, 19:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah. I suddenly recall this being an issue posted in some known store items bug list.
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012 March 22, 22:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a very long list of missing STBLs for the Latin American Spanish language, and some Castillian missing strings too. I have either pulled the 0x13 (Spain) text and re-instanced it as 0x14 (Mexico) or directly translated and filled a 0x14 STBL. The resulting .package is then placed in the Mods folder as usual.

* 0x14STBLs.zip (97.51 KB - downloaded 521 times.)
mephlabs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2012 March 22, 23:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm currently using the Spanish from Spain version, so i make a 'fix' to the spanish file, at least works fine:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62869616/SpellBookLESfix.package
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.23.2012)
« Reply #48 on: 2012 March 23, 05:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added stuff.

Does the CAS fix includes those stupid flippers that show up in every category and apparently available for random?

What does it say it fixes?

I guess this only fixes what it says it fixes, i. e. problems with the animations of the objects, missing parts of them and the function of the objects themselves?

I got the compilation for February 2012 as one package (including the magic items) and I got very bad crashing problems in Bridgeport, which stopped when I removed the file (there was a whole area in the town which I could not click or even get close to anymore). I deleted a few other objects (which I had for longer though) and of course the compilation includes more than the magic stuff, but I am convinced that one or more of the magic items caused the crashing.
I have the spellbook in one merged package and recently installed Hidden Springs (retail version/pack) but I still have those and my game works again.

NUKE IT FROM ORBIT.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 23, 05:34:15 by kissing_toast » Logged

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.23.2012)
« Reply #49 on: 2012 March 23, 09:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is seriously stuffed up with the Cellar Arch from the store, I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, apoligies if it has been, but this is what I am talking about:

Why is it a light (the light aiming towards the back there is from the arch itself, at nighttime) and have the horrible gaps? I don't ever recall having this issue in the past. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it's still like this.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: