More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:30:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Read to children/toddler, and other questions.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Read to children/toddler, and other questions.  (Read 6716 times)
blackbrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Read to children/toddler, and other questions.
« on: 2012 March 10, 20:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started playing Sims 2 again and I have some questions.

1. Is there any benefit for toddlers/children being read to? I always cancel this action because it seems time consuming with no value (that I know of).

2. Is it dangerous to use Rodney's death creator to set adult or teen to "die of old age"? I want some adult and teen ghosts that behave like normal ghosts and have fancy urn/tombstone.

3. Do I have to care about the zits on teen sims? Is there any effect?

4. What possibly caused my romance sim to want nothing but to dance? He has 7 loves now and each time the wants are rerolled all four slots are filled with "dance with". I have to invite a sim, greet, then run to the stereo, call over and make them dance together. That's a lot of work for 500 aspiration points, not to mention very repetitive. If I'm lucky he's gonna want to talk and tickle that sim afterwards, but most times he doesn't want anything to do with them anymore. It's been a week he hasn't wanted to flirt or woohoo. I have to see if those Neukum speakers are available for homes, I think I should put one of them outside just for this.

5. When a sim is abducted, is the alien pregnancy decided at the start of abduction or when the sim is sent home?
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: Read to children/toddler, and other questions.
« Reply #1 on: 2012 March 10, 21:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: blackbrick link=topic=21321.msg589016#msg589016 date=1331410945
[/quote

Yes. If you don't take care of the zits your poor sims will grow up with horrible disfiguring pock marks!

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 March 11, 05:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Is there any benefit for toddlers/children being read to? I always cancel this action because it seems time consuming with no value (that I know of).
None whatsoever.

2. Is it dangerous to use Rodney's death creator to set adult or teen to "die of old age"? I want some adult and teen ghosts that behave like normal ghosts and have fancy urn/tombstone.
Not that I know of.

Nope. And there's nothing you can really do about them afterwards, either. They just go away on their own. Sims can't actually amputate them in any way. The alleged treatment option in the mirror is actually a placebo, as it does not actually remove them.

4. What possibly caused my romance sim to want nothing but to dance? He has 7 loves now and each time the wants are rerolled all four slots are filled with "dance with".
Apparently, science has found that better dancers are more attractive.

5. When a sim is abducted, is the alien pregnancy decided at the start of abduction or when the sim is sent home?
I believe it occurs during the return sequence, because if something breaks in mid-abduction, nothing happens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 March 11, 07:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it occurs during the return sequence, because if something breaks in mid-abduction, nothing happens.

Yeah, the little pregnancy music cue plays only after the abducted sim has recovered from the shock.
blackbrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 March 12, 12:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help everybody! I'm excited to try those expansion packs one by one.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 March 12, 13:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help everybody! I'm excited to try those expansion packs one by one.

* jezzer stabs you right in the cheerfulness.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
blackbrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 March 12, 16:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm being super positive because I've only tried University so far and I enjoyed it immensely, while you guys pooh pooh it. So it looks like I'm gonna very much enjoy all the other EPs. I play very few computer games which is probably why I have such a low standard.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 March 12, 16:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm being super positive because I've only tried University so far and I enjoyed it immensely, while you guys pooh pooh it. So it looks like I'm gonna very much enjoy all the other EPs. I play very few computer games which is probably why I have such a low standard.

And the fact that you're as dumb as a box of rocks has nothing to do it, right?

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 March 12, 16:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would suggest you get those EPs and then apply the Director's Cut. It will cut down significantly on all kinds of want spam (may cure your dance issues).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: