More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:59:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Lights! Camera! Inaction! SHOWTIME!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Inaction! SHOWTIME!  (Read 30811 times)
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Lights! Camera! Inaction! SHOWTIME!
« Reply #25 on: 2012 March 11, 18:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this is why I don't get EPs immediately after their release.

INF/TP
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012 March 11, 20:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the mute sound going to a syncronized fuckporridge caused by the bicycle?

I believe Twoftmama made a fix for that a while ago. Try googling for Shut The Flock Up or STFU Bicycle.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012 March 11, 21:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am now completely in love with the word "fuckporridge" and want to make it my bride.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012 March 12, 04:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jezzer and his porridge.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012 March 19, 12:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck this, seriously I should be allowed to change my singers face and hair for their default outfit! Somehow mine bugged out and I am now stuck with the makeup and face paint style I did for a custom outfit, and can't get rid of it. Any ideas?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012 March 19, 15:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Change into your custom outfit, go to change appearance, make sure you've unticked the lock icon that saves hair and makeup for all outfits.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012 March 19, 17:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another Simport related issue that's been getting worse and worse for me. The Sim's cell phone gets cloned and can't be silenced. When it rings I get multiple phone icons in her queue and multiple rings which is incredibly annoying. I tried resetting the sim several times but that didn't fix it. Every time she returns from a SP gig she doesn't recognize her own bed. I have the option to sleep in Rachel's bed but she's Rachel. As if she's a clone of herself.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012 March 19, 23:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Change into your custom outfit, go to change appearance, make sure you've unticked the lock icon that saves hair and makeup for all outfits.

Yup did that, she still has the retarded face paint, oh why did I have to make a retarded look for giggles?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012 March 20, 03:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having lots of hang-ups with the two Magician trick boxes, both on stage and off. They'll hang mid-trick and won't cancel out, just staying up in the corner with the red X through the icon.

The phone has also stopped working at some unknown point on both my magicians. I can still call Sims from the relationship panel, but can't do anything from the cell phone or from any house phone. I can click all day, there will be a very brief stutter of lag, and no menu pops up.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012 March 20, 07:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found a work around to change the default career outfits hairstyle and makeup. If you use NRAAS's MasterController, go to the options for sims and select the "Stylist part" (I assume this would also work with the actual stylist booth, unsure), select the default outfit, and then hit back, you are now able to change the makeup/accessories and hairstyles of the default career outfit. Make sure you don't set it for all outfits if it's something crazy, worked for me!

Edit: Okay another issue has arisen, for some reason the third outfit in my custom careers outfits refuses to save, if I reload my game or anything of the such, it has reset and only has 2 outfits.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 20, 08:39:00 by Rubyelf » Logged

Klinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012 March 21, 01:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you reset a magician sim, they may lose the Box of Mystery and Box of Danger.

My magician was taking part in a SimFest in the park and was about to start a new trick when the "Finish Show" action popped up. For whatever reason his queue froze. I couldn't right-click to cancel either of the actions, nor would they proceed on their own. After letting him sit frozen for a while, the only way out seemed to be to reset the sim.

That worked, sort of, but I didn't notice that his magicians' boxes had disappeared until it came time to set up the next show on the following day. Of course, I had already overwritten my old saves by then so I couldn't revert to an earlier one.

I haven't found a way to get the equipment back. It's not in BuyDebug or anywhere else I looked. Trying to quit the Magician career and signing up again didn't seem to work. Evicting him or the complete family then bringing them back in didn't help either.

So if you have to reset a magician sim, I suggest making a special save point beforehand in case this happens.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012 March 21, 09:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mentioned before that custom outfit number 3 kept resetting, now it's worse! I cannot use the dresser, stylist or anything for that matter, and I have a feeling it's because of that outfit. If it helps, I am not sure if it's entirely related, but she was wearing the Katy Perry dress.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012 March 21, 15:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mentioned before that custom outfit number 3 kept resetting, now it's worse! I cannot use the dresser, stylist or anything for that matter, and I have a feeling it's because of that outfit. If it helps, I am not sure if it's entirely related, but she was wearing the Katy Perry dress.

Have you checked this out in a new game, at least verify that your current game isn't headed for an explosion?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012 March 21, 17:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got Showtime yesterday. Haven't done much with it. I don't think there is ANYTHING in this expansion that couldn't have been added to Late Night or Generations. Fucking EA shortchanging us. Starlight Shores is also APPALLING to look at. I know they were aiming for a sort of dated 1950's Los Angeles mixed with modern style, and it reflects in the house designs quite well, but the town itself is a goddamn eyesore. Thanks for the interesting house designs EA. Allow me to steal them and put them someplace halfway decent like Twinbrook.

I had time today to try out the Singer proffession in Starlight. My Conan O'Brien lookalike had gotten to Talented Amateur and was about to score his first gig when a botched Sing-A-Gram sent him into a pants on fire panic. Being that it was the middle of a big park and he couldn't very well jump into the lake, he died. Theres some kind of moral lesson or irony in there I can't quite discern.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 22, 00:00:44 by Turd Ferguson » Logged

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012 March 21, 22:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked this out in a new game, at least verify that your current game isn't headed for an explosion?

I'll do this soon as I get time, currently writing an essay.

Edit:  So I tested this, and had no issues. Went back into my game, and the outfit is now sticking, although I didn't test with the Katy Perry dress. I have no idea why all of a sudden it started working.

On a separate note also, I noticed this in one of the new homes in Starlight Shores:

(sorry for the darkness) There appears to be a different bottom, the original looks like the one on the right, while the left one I have no idea where it's from. You can't change it, and it's is the exact same object in the catalog. The first thing I did was see if it had to do with the certain fish placed in there, nope. Anyone know where this is from?

Im curious where this second bowl design came from, it's not available to edit.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 23, 09:21:54 by Rubyelf » Logged

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012 March 23, 15:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using the "E-tool" on it and see what happens. Does it clone to the regular fishbowl or to the new one. Also are you patched up to 1.33?

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012 March 23, 20:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a separate note also, I noticed this in one of the new homes in Starlight Shores:
snip
(sorry for the darkness) There appears to be a different bottom, the original looks like the one on the right, while the left one I have no idea where it's from. You can't change it, and it's is the exact same object in the catalog. The first thing I did was see if it had to do with the certain fish placed in there, nope. Anyone know where this is from?

Im curious where this second bowl design came from, it's not available to edit.

The bowl has about 20 bottom designs it changes with different fish.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 23, 20:18:06 by Havelock » Logged
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012 March 23, 22:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using the "E-tool" on it and see what happens. Does it clone to the regular fishbowl or to the new one. Also are you patched up to 1.33?

Yes I am, and no it doesn't.

The bowl has about 20 bottom designs it changes with different fish.

Weird, because I took it out, and swapped the fish around, bowls stayed the same, I tried with a fresh fish, bowls didn't change at all, tried with fresh bowls, bowls again didn't change.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012 March 24, 05:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See some of the bottoms.

Edit: I got my Sim a Bowl and stocked it with a Goldfish. But insteed of keeping the green Plant for Goldfish it changed to Metalbars for Robofish.
It looks like they changed the script for the Bowl. If i put a Base Game Fish from Inventory into the Bowl it gets the Bottom which is assigned to the Fish.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 24, 06:10:20 by Havelock » Logged
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012 March 24, 09:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically the effects for the "stock" interaction is borked.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012 March 24, 10:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No the bottom of the Bowl is not an effect its Part of the Mesh. I stocked twice with a Goldfish from inventory and it changed to Metalbars, but stocking the same Bowl with Jellyfish got me the pink bottom it should have. Looks like Goldfish should have Metalbars.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012 March 24, 11:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No the bottom of the Bowl is not an effect its Part of the Mesh. I stocked twice with a Goldfish from inventory and it changed to Metalbars, but stocking the same Bowl with Jellyfish got me the pink bottom it should have. Looks like Goldfish should have Metalbars.

Oh, since you said the goldfish got the metal bars that belongs to the robofish I figured it's borked. It's been a while since I used the fish bowls but I don't recall ever seeing the bottom change for goldfishes. So that's something they changed recently, with either SHT or a patch?

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2012 March 24, 13:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having an excessive amount of ep-related wish spam?

I keep getting sims with no ep-related traits or ltw rolling up wishes to host some sort of act. The want to hit the karaoke bar I can handle. The want to host stuff 4 & 5 times a day at the cost of trait & ltw-related wishes is not so great.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012 March 24, 13:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting sims with no ep-related traits or ltw rolling up wishes to host some sort of act. The want to hit the karaoke bar I can handle. The want to host stuff 4 & 5 times a day at the cost of trait & ltw-related wishes is not so great.

Same here, to many Simport wishes. I hate them.

Oh, since you said the goldfish got the metal bars that belongs to the robofish I figured it's borked. It's been a while since I used the fish bowls but I don't recall ever seeing the bottom change for goldfishes.

I dont use the Bowl since Basegame i looked into it because of your question.

So that's something they changed recently, with either SHT or a patch?

The Script for the Bowl has to be updatet with every EP which provides new Fish you could put in it.  I am not sure when it changed.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 24, 13:53:19 by Havelock » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012 March 24, 15:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay for EA over-selling the social networking bullshit.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: