More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:02:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Too Many Damn Patches (1.31/1.32/1.33)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Too Many Damn Patches (1.31/1.32/1.33)  (Read 76941 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.31
« Reply #50 on: 2012 March 06, 14:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What patch tool are you talking about? If you mean the Sims 3 Patch Downloader, how do I INSTALL a patch? Because it downloads them, but I don't see the install option. Or am I blind? Please excuse me for being so stupid.

Tick the box at the bottom right that says automatic install. We are talking about the one that you can find on mod the sims website.
I saw that. I meant if there was no way to update with that without downloading the patch.

You could try waving your magic wand to see if the patch file magically appears on your computer.  If that doesn't work, then no, there is no way to update without downloading the patch first.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Lagtop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2012 March 06, 15:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What? The patch already is in my computer. I just want to install it, because it says "invalid file" on a completely vanilla game, without cracks or mods or anything.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 06, 15:31:46 by Lagtop » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2012 March 06, 15:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using the full-patch instead of the incremental. You probably are doing something really dumb.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lagtop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2012 March 06, 16:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to do something really dumb, and that is using the patch DOWNLOADER to INSTALL the patch. I am officially retarded.
But I've looked at the patch log, and the supposedly invalid file found is a "code_version" text file, which I have not touched. Ever. So the patch is doing something really dumb too.
And that superpatch thing sucks too, my Internet connection is horribly slow. I downloaded the patch once with Origin (which is crap, but I had to use it), but never actually opened it (another stupid thing that I've done). I know you'll kill me for asking this, but is it even located somewhere? I can't find it in my installation directory. If that's the only thing I can do, then I'll just stick with having it download for 10 hours straight, like I did last time. *sigh*
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2012 March 06, 17:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to do something really dumb, and that is using the patch DOWNLOADER to INSTALL the patch. I am officially retarded.
But I've looked at the patch log, and the supposedly invalid file found is a "code_version" text file, which I have not touched. Ever. So the patch is doing something really dumb too.
And that superpatch thing sucks too, my Internet connection is horribly slow. I downloaded the patch once with Origin (which is crap, but I had to use it), but never actually opened it (another stupid thing that I've done). I know you'll kill me for asking this, but is it even located somewhere? I can't find it in my installation directory. If that's the only thing I can do, then I'll just stick with having it download for 10 hours straight, like I did last time. *sigh*

That's a lot of stupid for one person,but yet you seem to like to keep posting stupid question after stupid question. There is a bit on the patch installer that says in bold downloaded updates and it has the path were they go. 
Lagtop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2012 March 06, 18:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To LIKE asking stupid questions? You don't know how difficult it is to keep with stupidity. And I didn't understand your comment. I'm going to hang myself. Bye.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2012 March 06, 18:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To LIKE asking stupid questions? You don't know how difficult it is to keep with stupidity. And I didn't understand your comment. I'm going to hang myself. Bye.

*Bangs head on keyboard* I give up,your just taking the fucking piss now. Please just fuck off and die.
Lagtop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2012 March 06, 19:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol
mannyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2012 March 06, 19:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Bangs head on keyboard* I give up,your just taking the fucking piss now. Please just fuck off and die.
Spelling, please? And put a space after the comma.

I'm having the same problem as Lagtop, but in a much less stupid way. I'm just getting the invalid file error without a crack. I guess I'll have to download the superpatch, even if my Internet speed isn't all that fast.
wyndsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2012 March 06, 21:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You people are mean!  If there weren't any stupid people in the world, there wouldn't be any smart people.  So be nice to us.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2012 March 06, 22:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you're going for (there would be no average against which to measure for intelligence), but NOPE, please try again.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2012 March 06, 22:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You people are mean!  If there weren't any stupid people in the world, there wouldn't be any smart people.  So be nice to us.
Yes, but here's the thing: We're perfectly okay with not being smart anymore if it means we don't have to deal with stupid people.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2012 March 07, 00:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it look like CC items (objects and stuff, obviously mods have to be updated) still work properly with the patch?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2012 March 07, 00:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question, the only part of this social aspect I am actually intrigued by is the "Simport" feature that allows people to join your game, and vice verse, what I want to know is, if I have the base game registered, but all the rest are ARRed versions, up to and including Showtime, would I actually be able to use this feature? I haven't ever registered my official copy of The Sims 3, as I'm kinda lazy.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Demise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2012 March 07, 00:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question, the only part of this social aspect I am actually intrigued by is the "Simport" feature that allows people to join your game, and vice verse, what I want to know is, if I have the base game registered, but all the rest are ARRed versions, up to and including Showtime, would I actually be able to use this feature? I haven't ever registered my official copy of The Sims 3, as I'm kinda lazy.

I'm also semi interested in this. I was wondering if I bought Showtime, if it would be enough to open the SimPort type stuff, or if the game would get pissy that the rest of the game is blatantly arr'd.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2012 March 07, 00:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK from only having the base game registered on TS3, the 'social' aspect of Sims works properly. Not sure about Simport, waiting until I have a proper version of it to test.

Custom Content made since they changed Rigs should work unless they modify things, like scripting mods or tuning mods of things that were changed.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2012 March 07, 02:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you have SHT registered you can Simport with others. You can even have an account with SHT being the only game registered to that account and it'll work.

ETA: Does anybody have an arred copy of SHT yet? I saw one posted on Piratebay. My game is such a mess though that I did not dare try it out. You won't be able to Simport with it but at least you'll be able to explore EP.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2012 March 07, 02:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you have SHT registered you can Simport with others. You can even have an account with SHT being the only game registered to that account and it'll work.

So basically you HAVE to have the non arred version of it? What I was mainly asking is if it works with only the BASE game registered.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2012 March 07, 02:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically you HAVE to have the non arred version of it? What I was mainly asking is if it works with only the BASE game registered.

No, you must have SHT registered. Say for example you and your partner both play the sims. Each of you need to have your own copy registered to your account to be able to Simport with each other.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2012 March 07, 03:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you must have SHT registered. Say for example you and your partner both play the sims. Each of you need to have your own copy registered to your account to be able to Simport with each other.

Blah, that blows, guess I'll just have to forget about it then.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2012 March 07, 03:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsport is just having a random sim come to your town to perform a show, or have your sim go to someone elses town and perform. Totally non-interactive. All I suppose you can do is customize the venue.

Once I have Showtime arr'd I'll see if my registered TS3 base game will be able to simport.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2012 March 07, 04:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The main thing about simport is that it speeds up your career and unlocks new objects. Hopefully someone will mod it so that you can unlock the bonuses and items.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2012 March 07, 04:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The main thing about simport is that it speeds up your career and unlocks new objects. Hopefully someone will mod it so that you can unlock the bonuses and items.

Hopefully, as this also leads to people who haven't got internet access to be missing out on extras, if they've paid for them.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2012 March 07, 04:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has zero interest in providing things for people without internetz.  They're pushing for online functionality in all their games, and shoehorning in multiplayer wherever possible.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2012 March 07, 07:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has zero interest in providing things for people without internetz.  They're pushing for online functionality in all their games, and shoehorning in multiplayer wherever possible.

True! Although they should be more interested in those people, as they are the ones that are less likely to have ARR the game.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: