More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:36:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Too Many Damn Patches (1.31/1.32/1.33)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Too Many Damn Patches (1.31/1.32/1.33)  (Read 76931 times)
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Too Many Damn Patches (1.31/1.32/1.33)
« on: 2012 March 01, 20:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new update for Showtime's release is now available.

Region 1 Update
Region 2 Update
Cumulative Update

Patch Notes
Game Update for 1.31

To install this update, please start your game and use the "Updates" tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes the following changes:

Exciting new connected features which allow you to:
• Post and view messages from your friends while playing, without having to leave or even pause the game.
• Find new friends and add them to your friends list.
• Access your Player Profile and Wall from the Options Menu
• Receive status updates from your friends about their game, and comment!
Achievements—view the badges you've earned for those you've completed, sort and view those you have yet to complete, and find new achievements, which will be introduced to your game regularly!
• Edit and view your Player Profile, including your avatar, My Story, and wall posts all about you!
• Get all of the latest and exciting news from The Sims 3!
• You can now specify what outfit your Sim will wear to work by using a dresser.
• When a Service NPC joins the family, their special service outfit is added to the wardrobe.

Undocumented changes
• Set Makeup per Outfit option in CAS
• New "SocialCache" file in "My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3"
• Traffic Light object has been added to Debug>Misc
• Trash Receptacle objects have been added to Debug>Misc
• Tofu can now be purchased from the grocery store and will be automatically added to new household fridges.
• New recipes can now be prepared.
  -Veggi Rolls
  -Veggie Burgers
  -Spaghetti with Veggie Sauce
  -Tofu Dogs
  -Vegetarian Dim Sum
  -Vegetarian Grilled Salmon
  -Vegetarian Lobster Thermidor
• New recipe books can now be purchased from the bookstore and recipes can be prepared.
  -Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
  -Vegetarian Fish and Chips
  -Stuffed Tursoykey
  -Cheese Tofu Steak
  -Tri-Tip Tofu Steak
• New music in the following genres has been listed in the game files (but the tracks themselves are not present):
   Indie
    -Not Your Fault - Awolnation
    -We Are Young - Fun
    -Tonight - Seether
    -You Me And The Boatman - Quiet Company
   Pop
    -Don't Wanna Go Home - Jason Derulo
    -This City - Patrick Stump
    -Betrayed - Tiny Dancer
    -Loo Mah - Wanae Lockrell
    -For The Kids Of The Multiculture - Sonic Boom Six
« Last Edit: 2012 March 16, 15:02:00 by Roobs » Logged
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.31
« Reply #1 on: 2012 March 01, 20:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only macs are able to update apparently since there are issues with the pc one. They are holding off on the pc patch for the moment.
Screens were posted of the make-up per outfit options
The career outfits
The achievement system

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 March 01, 21:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now we'll just have to wait until the PC version comes out, then the enpatchening can begin. yay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 March 01, 23:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to SimGuruRuskii the pc patch will go live at 15:00 PST. Which was 30 minutes ago? There are no bugs fixes with the patch.

Game Update for 1.31

To install this update, please start your game and use the "Updates" tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes the following changes:

Exciting new connected features which allow you to:
Post and view messages from your friends while playing, without having to leave or even pause the game.
Find new friends and add them to your friends list.
Access your Player Profile and Wall from the Options Menu
Receive status updates from your friends about their game, and comment!
Achievements—view the badges you've earned for those you've completed, sort and view those you have yet to complete, and find new achievements, which will be introduced to your game regularly!
Edit and view your Player Profile, including your avatar, My Story, and wall posts all about you!
Get all of the latest and exciting news from The Sims 3!
You can now specify what outfit your Sim will wear to work by using a dresser.
When a Service NPC joins the family, their special service outfit is added to the wardrobe.

Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 March 02, 01:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of Achievements could you have in The Sims? Especially when you can cheat your ass off.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 March 02, 01:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, you can't normally cheat THAT much. Presumably these achievements involve more than maxmotives and motherlode can give you. Or perhaps there's an achievement for actually making your ass fall off by cheating.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 March 02, 01:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not letting this crap anywhere near my game until AM and my NRaas mods are updated. I refuse to have the borkination of crappy vanilla EA.

INF/TP
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 March 02, 02:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of Achievements could you have in The Sims? Especially when you can cheat your ass off.

I purchased the base game, so I have a profile on their site and you can actually see the "badges" that it's possible to earn(not sure if any are hidden or not).  There's bronze, silver, gold, platinum and some special ones at the end.  They're all for stupid shit.  Bronze is like "have a sim visit the bookstore" "have your sim sing 5 karaoke duets", etc.  Silver is stuff like "have a sim make 15 enemies" or "have an insane sim talk to themselves 15 times".  Gold is "have a sim get the natural born performer moodlet 45 times".  Platinum is "have your sim ride the mechanical bull on the hardest setting 100 times".  So, basicly, it's just stupid repetitive things and the numbers keep getting bigger as the badges get "harder".
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 March 02, 04:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the complete list: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=7397

You can also view them on the new MyPage at thesims3.com. Some are very easy (bronze) and others are rather difficult (platinum). SimsVIP reported that some have a time limit also. They will be updating with more achievements and some can only be done if you have the proper expansion pack.

Tarise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 March 02, 04:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not letting this crap anywhere near my game until AM and my NRaas mods are updated. I refuse to have the borkination of crappy vanilla EA.

Twallan's already updating his mods. Here's the status on his site:  http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 March 02, 05:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan's already updating his mods. Here's the status on his site:  http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod

Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until SHT gets released? Some people will have the game by Friday. Which is today where I live.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 March 02, 14:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the complete list: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=7397

You can also view them on the new MyPage at thesims3.com. Some are very easy (bronze) and others are rather difficult (platinum). SimsVIP reported that some have a time limit also. They will be updating with more achievements and some can only be done if you have the proper expansion pack.

Wow, they're just as stupid and pointless as the achievements on any other games.  Way to add nothing of value, EA.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 March 02, 14:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The chieves add nothing of value to the game except meaningless grinding, like Memories added nothing worthwhile. Probably Simport will be useless, and all the 'unlockables' will be able to be activated via a mod.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 March 02, 14:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The chieves add nothing of value to the game except meaningless grinding, like Memories added nothing worthwhile. Probably Simport will be useless, and all the 'unlockables' will be able to be activated via a mod.

As far as I can tell, you must be online and logged in to the sims 3 site in order to unlock achievements. This leads me to believe that the rewards will be downloaded the same way memories rewards were downloaded, which is pretty crappy. I have no desire to grind crappy achievements nor would I wish it upon someone else.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 March 02, 16:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, you must be online and logged in to the sims 3 site in order to unlock achievements. This leads me to believe that the rewards will be downloaded the same way memories rewards were downloaded, which is pretty crappy. I have no desire to grind crappy achievements nor would I wish it upon someone else.

You mean some of the content we pay for is LOCKED unless we jump through some arbitrary hoop?

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 March 02, 16:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been common knowledge for a while now that the Simport rewards are in the game. You won't have to download them and you won't find them in buydebug. Modders will be able to unlock them just like they do with other "hidden" objects in the game.

Although you need to connect to get the achievement badge on your MyPage, the progress of the achievement is tracked in-game even when you play offline. As soon as you connect to the internet, you'll be rewarded and it'll get posted on your wall. There's no way to prevent this from happening and all you can do is delete the posts afterwards.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 March 02, 17:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been common knowledge for a while now that the Simport rewards are in the game. You won't have to download them and you won't find them in buydebug. Modders will be able to unlock them just like they do with other "hidden" objects in the game.

Although you need to connect to get the achievement badge on your MyPage, the progress of the achievement is tracked in-game even when you play offline. As soon as you connect to the internet, you'll be rewarded and it'll get posted on your wall. There's no way to prevent this from happening and all you can do is delete the posts afterwards.

I see, thank you for clarifying that. I have not been interested in Showtime whatsoever and have not bothered to follow any information about it, as you can clearly see by my total lack of common knowledge.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 March 02, 18:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see, thank you for clarifying that. I have not been interested in Showtime whatsoever and have not bothered to follow any information about it, as you can clearly see by my total lack of common knowledge.

Well there's no point in speculating about things we already know about. I've noticed that sometimes it gets out of hand and a lot of misinformation gets spread that way.

Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 March 02, 19:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if the Achievements are a bunch of triggers in game, could we not technically make a mod that flips the switches on all those achievements in one stroke?

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 March 02, 20:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've done from testing in my non-modded game, you need to be logged into your TS3 account to access the achievements. It's annoying that they are pushing the social aspect SO damn much with TS3 now. If you're logged in, you get a constant status bar type thing where you can update your simwall.

EA, you're not Facebook. You're closer to failbook than anything, and stop trying to get something that you're not. You annoy people enough with Sims Social.

EDIT:
The gym buff is STILL broken. It takes a user like 5 seconds to fix the xml file, but it's been a little under 3 years since it was broken and EA still hasn't fixed their fuckup.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 02, 22:33:47 by IAmTheRad » Logged
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 March 03, 03:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully there are ways to play the features of SHT without all the social features invading. Because from what I've heard, the EP is really a nice release without the social features. As long as I have a mod to unlock reward objects, it's all good.

INF/TP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 March 03, 11:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course there are ways, even if I have to MAKE those ways.

Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 March 03, 16:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing to do now but wait for AwesomeMod to update.

sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 March 03, 18:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a beautiful badge for visiting the bookshop - achievement 1 of 51 woohoo (different context)
sarikuya
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 March 03, 23:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone install the PC version of the patch yet? I tried, getting that lovely 'no file found' error.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: